• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

BlueDragonfangirl

It happened with Naruto though XD

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
So Riko is from Paldea and Reg (Roy) from Kanto, interesting, I hope Roy will be interesting, although it's very hard to have any expectations because I'm usually disappointed, and when I don't have expectations, I'm often pleasantly surprised. It's a pity that she's from Kanto because they go to this region very much which is boring, Selene was from Sinnoh as far as I know, it's a pity that they couldn't choose another region, for example Kalos because since it's based on France and Paldea on Spain it would be an interesting procedure

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope Roy is like BW Ash. Morons are always the most entertaining/fun protagonists, especially when they get strong.

As for Liko, perhaps a cross between Misty and Serena?
Eww god no, BW Ash was infuriating, that battle with Elesa still makes my blood boil to this day lol.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wouldn't you say that Ash vs Cameron made up for that moment, though?
NOOOOO!!! Ash literally lost the league against his damn stupid self smh. He wasn't even going to be in it but noooooo Ash had to pretty much drag him onto the field not to mention force him to get the last badge, like the writers just said a big ole FU to all of us writing that mess.

*Solaris*

Wouldn't you say that Ash vs Cameron made up for that moment, though?
Cameron
  1. Believed the Unova League would be in Ecruteak City
  2. Didn't know Rock types were weak against Water Pokemon
  3. Didn't know he needed 8 Badges to get in the League
  4. Thought a basic Tv remote was a Pokedex
  5. Showed up to the League with 5 Pokemon instead of 6
  6. Gave your opponent 2 free KO's cause again he doesn't know basic typing

Like the fact that Ash even lost to this is basically a punch in the face to him and his fans.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

That the action would only take place in one region, not all of them.
This logic is a bit twisted.
Traveling around the world does not prevent you from participating in the Gym Challenge.
I can easily imagine a scenario like this:
" - episode 4 (region X, first Gym fight)
- episode 5-8 (exploring other regions)
- episode 9 (region X, second Gym fight) etc. "

vondecayle

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This logic is a bit twisted.
Traveling around the world does not prevent you from participating in the Gym Challenge.
I can easily imagine a scenario like this:
" - episode 4 (region X, first Gym fight)
- episode 5-8 (exploring other regions)
- episode 9 (region X, second Gym fight) etc. "
It would put all the action in one region and make the world traveling aspects meaningless. They would have to spread the Gym Challenge across all the regions, in what I like to call a "World League".

Guy100

Since this is a world adventure story arc, I now question whether Roy and Riko will remain the main protagonists after they have accomplished the goals of finding out the mystery of their items; the pokeball and pendant.

I'm hoping Roy stays on the main protagonist, however i'm just curious what type of longevity goal they will give to him. I expect he'll eventually become a champion, however i dont know what they'll do with him after that. Alot fans speculate he may end up catching the shiny Rayquaza.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Since this is a world adventure story arc, I now question whether Roy and Riko will remain the main protagonists after they have accomplished the goals of finding out the mystery of their items; the pokeball and pendant.

I'm hoping Roy stays on the main protagonist, however i'm just curious what type of longevity goal they will give to him. I expect he'll eventually become a champion, however i dont know what they'll do with him after that. Alot fans speculate he may end up catching the shiny Rayquaza.
I think that giving them the Paldean starters as their main partners makes it pretty likely that they will be replaced once Gen 10 comes around, and from now on every single saga will have a new set of main characters.

DuskAstral

I don't think Roy will be a long-term hero (and will leave the show with Liko).
I expect that now MCs will be replaced every new generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.