• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'd like some more information on how the world touring will go. I'm hoping the fact that they're keeping this formula means more character returns. Would be preeety interesting seeing companions/rivals return outside of interacting with Ash.
I'm not sure about anime-onlies, but they will need to meet characters who also met Ash in the past
But it depends if it's a new continuity or not, for it to be considered a return.. idk they could bring Misty but with a different voice for example

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Except Red and Blue were not the first games. Red and Green were the first games. Blue is the third version
I mean most if not all game pairs have some red/blue division(or similar colors like orange and, well, violet), even black and white had it in the legendaries tail, and GS had fire/water

Trey pokes

I was hoping for a series in which both Tomiyasu and Yajima could be together and I got my wish! Combine that with a new Director and especially Showrunner, Dai Sato has made nothing but really good anime if not episodes of stuff he's written for. Really looking forward to this new series!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I mean most if not all game pairs have some red/blue division(or similar colors like orange and, well, violet), even black and white had it in the legendaries tail, and GS had fire/water
Lugia is a Psychic type, not a Water type.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I'm not sure about anime-onlies, but they will need to meet characters who also met Ash in the past
But it depends if it's a new continuity or not, for it to be considered a return.. idk they could bring Misty but with a different voice for example
They haven’t allowed May to return simply because her voice actor has been unable to voice her since, I don’t think they’ll reboot the entire anime just to replace everyone’s voices but I could be mistaken. There also is the possibility of Ash ever returning and I doubt they’re replacing Rica. I think it’s the same universe just without Ash. He’s somewhere just not on our screens.

ShadowForce720

They haven’t allowed May to return simply because her voice actor has been unable to voice her since, I don’t think they’ll reboot the entire anime just to replace everyone’s voices but I could be mistaken. There also is the possibility of Ash ever returning and I doubt they’re replacing Rica. I think it’s the same universe just without Ash. He’s somewhere just not on our screens.
I mean to be fair there are Pokémon that that can send people through time or different universes, so even if the new anime is set in a AU or in a different time period they would still be able to bring the Ash we know back.

J. D. Guy

sBhH74Bb3d6qBvqpzZtypKzO_tCZwtrJ7k8h7Vl-7NRE2U40Ys262tc_TJ-GTxF9eYcL-h0Z0FHGHA=s1600-nd-v1
You know, there's one thing I just noticed by studying this concept pic of Roy. It's technically a small detail, but it makes me wonder.

We know from blurbs and such that Roy is originally from Kanto. But I just noticed here that Roy's wearing (and been wearing) some form of open-toed footwear. They look like athletics sandals. (Boy-howdy, I didn't even know there was such a thing as athletic sandals.) Up 'til now, I had thought those were just regular low-cut athletic footwear, just some running shoes or something.

Like I said, that detail is minor on its own. However, taken in consort with the rest of Roy's design, it's obviously meant to evoke an overall feel for the character (as is often the case for character design, especially for longform characters). In addition to his loose-fitting, urban/urban-feeling attire giving off the vibes that Roy is a largely carefree and self-assured individual, I kind of wonder if it's meant to imply something else, too.

I wonder if Roy's folks (regardless of if we ever meet them or not) could be Alolan natives/ethnically from Alolan, who moved to Kanto and had Roy there? There's just a lot about Roy's design and feel that makes me think of Alola. And as peculiar as it may seem to some for this to have clicked with me just by noticing Roy's wearing some athletic sandals, that is the idea I'm getting about his character now. Honestly? I think it'd brilliant if true or even if close.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I always thought that Red and Blue were first Pokemon games.

Either way, the moment I saw the logo for the new Pokemon series, I was immediately reminded of Pokemon Red and Blue, especially the fact that this series was going to be a fresh start, just like how Red and Blue were released as the first pair of Pokemon games. Additionally, both Liko and Roy represent those colours.
Red and Green were the first games in Japan and Blue was just a third version. When Pokémon was exported to the West, Red and Blue became the first games. It‘s why the remakes are called Fire Red and Leaf Green. It’s also why we have confusion when It comes to characters named after Blue/Green

J. D. Guy

sBhH74Bb3d6qBvqpzZtypKzO_tCZwtrJ7k8h7Vl-7NRE2U40Ys262tc_TJ-GTxF9eYcL-h0Z0FHGHA=s1600-nd-v1
You know, there's one thing I just noticed by studying this concept pic of Roy. It's technically a small detail, but it makes me wonder.

We know from blurbs and such that Roy is originally from Kanto. But I just noticed here that Roy's wearing (and been wearing) some form of open-toed footwear. They look like athletics sandals. (Boy-howdy, I didn't even know there was such a thing as athletic sandals.) Up 'til now, I had thought those were just regular low-cut athletic footwear, just some running shoes or something.

Like I said, that detail is minor on its own. However, taken in consort with the rest of Roy's design, it's obviously meant to evoke an overall feel for the character (as is often the case for character design, especially for longform characters). In addition to his loose-fitting, urban/urban-feeling attire giving off the vibes that Roy is a largely carefree and self-assured individual, I kind of wonder if it's meant to imply something else, too.

I wonder if Roy's folks (regardless of if we ever meet them or not) could be Alolan natives/ethnically from Alolan, who moved to Kanto and had Roy there? There's just a lot about Roy's design and feel that makes me think of Alola. And as peculiar as it may seem to some for this to have clicked with me just by noticing Roy's wearing some athletic sandals, that is the idea I'm getting about his character now. Honestly? I think it'd brilliant if true or even if close.
Back to this image again, I just want to say how much I love the concept drawing of Roy without his hoodie vest. where he's just casually standing in a relaxed posture with his hands in his pockets (with his baggy shirt pushed up enough for him to do so) with a big 'ole friendly, inviting smile on his face! :D He even has a gap-tooth! It really helps sell one of the vibes they seem to be going with Roy.

(That's another thing that makes me think "Alola" when I see Roy: he and his energy reminds me of Hop and Kukui in a lot ways.)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

I just Liko's design, I'm a sucker for matching outfits and I love how everything she's wearing matches other parts of her design <3!!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
God the wait for this series is horrible, this current series is so boring there's like nothing to look forward to in the episodes lol.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

jjliang

So, will Liko and Roy ever encounter all Pokemon up to Generation IX, including all Generation VIII Pokemon and prior that got Klang'd, and except for the Porygon line, Kadabra, and Jynx?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
So, will Liko and Roy ever encounter all Pokemon up to Generation IX, including all Generation VIII Pokemon and prior that got Klang'd, and except for the Porygon line, Kadabra, and Jynx?
The encountering all pokemon thing was done because of the 25th anniversary of the anime so I doubt they'll do it again but they could include the mons who got Klang'd (Carkol was on the poster)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's the joy of the reboot, they can literally do whatever. With Ash in journey's, I think there was this sense of oh, Ash has already been there and done that so no need to go there again. Here, Liko and Roy are experiencing everything for the first time so they can really do anything they want.

Rune Knight

Speaking of, is anybody else curious about the other pokémon that are featured in the poster? It might not be the final poster, but it does make me wonder as to why they'd use those specific pokémon to promote the new series; I think that most of them will probably just be POTDs though.

With that said, I think that Pawmi will go to one of the protagonists like the past few electric rodents, my guess is Liko. Chansey could indicate that Nurse Joy will continue to make recurring appearances even if the series does take place in an AU. Personally, I would not mind Roy getting Rockruff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.