• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
also what does that splatoon ad say?

The next issue of Corocoro comes with 5 real world replicas of Splatoon 3 cards.

(I can translate these pages if people really want them, but there's absolutely nothing new in any of them)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is an interesting concept, Will it explore the parts that were never thought of in Anime Universe just like Digimon Xros wars Manga did with their own thing or not?
The Journeys manga was a one-to-one recreation of the anime. If you're expecting new content, you're likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So here's the full thing for those who wanted to know what it said in detail:

78-FB7294-DFA1-4410-ADA6-D9-E9-FC5-E134-B.jpg

Excitement is rising to the max for the new series! Its premiere is approaching! An exclusive presentation of specially made art filled with top secret news:
The New Pocket Monsters Anime Expectations Max Art Poster

AN ADVENTURE AROUND THE WORLD IS BEGINNING!!

Airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm!

Premieres Friday April 14th with a 1 hour special!!

4-D366109-A08-C-43-C2-B985-601-E49680087.jpg

THE POCKET MONSTERS ANIME SUPER START BOOK

It's off on adventures unknown with Pokémon!!
A thorough presentation of the new characters!!

Includes a special full color preview manga!!

6-F60-C847-5-C58-4493-A15-B-5-D031-D008163.jpg
BB656-A02-F1-F7-4748-B1-E9-C4-B2-E08-D12-BD.jpg

A NEW ADVENTURE IS STARTING UP IN THE POCKET MONSTERS ANIME!!!!!!
The popular Pocket Monsters anime is getting a new series!! We take a close look at the points of note regarding the new protagonists that hold the key to its plot!
Airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm!

The new protagonists and the Pokémon... what lies in the direction they're looking...?!

THE TWO PROTAGONISTS LIKO AND ROY WILL PLAY A MAJOR ROLE!!
The protagonists of the new adventure are Liko and Roy! How will they meet?!

LIKO, THE PROTAGONIST OF THE NEW STORY:
A Paldean native. Has a mysterious pendant.

ROY, THE OTHER PROTAGONIST:
A Kantonian native. Has a strange monster ball.

NYAHOJA:
It has fur similar to plants and releases a sweet scent.

HOGATOR:
The hair-like object on its head is fire energy!

KUWASSU:
A Pokémon that likes to keep things tidy and is prone to overthinking things.

PRESENTING A NEW TRAILER FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO JUST CAN'T WAIT!!
What do Liko's pendant and the monster ball Roy has mean?! This trailer is a must see!!
The trailer went live March 3rd!

The show will premiere with a 1 hour special! The historic first episode is set to premiere Friday April 14th!!

785-A5123-1-C3-B-4-BB8-84-CD-A75-D49085-DD6.jpg

The FLYING TRAINERS that hold the key to the adventure!!
The mysterious ground "Rising Volt Tacklers" have also been revealed to appear in the new series!

ITS MEMBERS ARE ALL REALLY COLORFUL CHARACTERS?!
The team consists of skilled people, and they have a variety of Pokémon on hand.
Pokémon from all kinds of regions will appear!

A Pokémon Professor who's cool in battles as well!
THE RISING VOLT TACKLERS LEADER, FRIEDE:
He's a Pokémon Professor, but also travels the world in his blimp...?!

FRIEDE'S PARTNER, CAPTAIN PIKACHU:
The captain of the blimp the team rides...?! How good is it in battles...?

Here's the start of the preview manga! Check out the poster on page 9 of the main magazine as well!!
Those of you who can't wait for the premiere! Share the manga and poster with your friends and let them join in on the fun!!

AEA33-C7-A-23-E3-4-F04-85-D9-606-F451-EB0-D7.jpg

Pocket Monsters,
or
Pokémon for short.

The strange, mysterious lifeforms on this planet...

93-E93258-4494-4-FC1-A3-A8-D4-ACA1-A5386-C.jpg

FC0-D75-E2-8983-44-B1-9-C71-AC1-CE51-EFE9-A.jpg

...live in a variety of places.
The sky, the sea,
the cities,
the forests...

BFCFF87-C-80-E2-4768-9524-AD3-AD3-B46-EFE.jpg

Liko,
a young girl guided by fate,
and Roy,
a young boy chasing dreams.

B1-F0-BF86-7855-4-B4-F-BB53-A241-E96615-C7.jpg

The curtain rises for a grand adventure with Pokémon
around the vast world!!!

3-C901-D4-D-6334-4-ED2-BC11-802-FD36694-B9.jpg

Pocket Monsters by Kei Yamadaka
Starts in the May issue!

Agatha looks young... could it be a series that happened in the past??? or AU??? I'll be happy if either of the two options happens

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Agatha looks young... could it be a series that happened in the past??? or AU??? I'll be happy if either of the two options happens
Given the girl is battling some complete rando, I think it's safe to say it's not her.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Please tell me they're having junichi suwabe play Friede

Bit late to the party yo

20230303_182202_p_l_33864439.jpg

A comment from Taku Yashiro, the voice of Friede:
I still remember dreaming about going on an adventure with Pokémon back when I was watching the Pocket Monsters anime in grade school, so I was trembling with joy and surprise when I first learned I was getting the chance to be in my beloved show, one that's got so much history and is so loved all around the world now.
I want to play the Friede character with whole-hearted devotion, not just so that children can experience such dreams, but so that adults that grew up together with the franchise can do so as well.

Observer

Mostly watching
But they already DID a war in the Lucario movie, which didn't exactly show any deaths or blood whatsoever. It was hella-ella foggy, even!

Even the dying Lucario turned into FFX pyreflies!

That was a movie, and if we learned one thing from them it's that just about anything goes.

Besides that fog was transporting all of the minor extras to the Shadow Realm for a little while.

Observer

Mostly watching
I thought the whole point of this conversation is that, if they do a war, no one is really going to get very injured or seen getting killed offscreen in a weird fantastic way?

Nope they just go to the Shadow Realm and come back with no negative repercussions whatsoever, unless mind control is involved.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well we learned two things from the new stuff.

1. The pokemon from the poster are all accounted for so no capture spoilers for Liko or Roy lol.

2. Liko is guided by fate, so definite main character energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.