• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuckFam

I have a bad feeling about Liko. She is going to have a dark secret...

vondecayle

ShuckFam

And what do you think about the boy?
Roy is the battler. Liko should be supportive of him.
What dark secret?
I'm not sure yet but she will have a power like Lelouch from Code Geass. My instinct tells me that she grew up in a village where she was ostracized by the people but was able to communicate with Pokemon. During a conversation with an Ursaring (and in a fit of rage), she wishes that the villagers were eaten, and her wish acts like Geass on Ursaring and he mauls and eats everyone except Liko.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I mean, why do two mysterious items in one region each have to involve the whole world in the first place.

And who's not to say it may involve a brand new region if it lasts long enough for Gen X?

I would frankly far prefer an anime original region over barebones Paldea with its boring towns and locations. I think the world tour format at least adds something.

BlueLight

Some people in this thread can't handle dark secrets I guess

Stop shaming Liko, you didn't shame the girl in Turning Red
Yes, come on! Now that the series is just a month away, the theories these days are becoming pretty ridiculous! Although these theories are like done to lighten the mood, I guess, they are equally uncomfortable to several others. Maybe this 'dark secret' part should stop at once.

I would frankly far prefer an anime original region over barebones Paldea with its boring towns and locations. I think the world tour format at least adds something.
Unfortunately, when Journeys aired, despite starting the world tour format, it didn't do justice for the major part. And now when this new series is being promoted with the world tour format coming back, now the hopes are so high up? What exactly do you expect the world tour format in this new series to be, other than that it would feature two protagonists riding on an airship?

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Yes, come on! Now that the series is just a month away, the theories these days are becoming pretty ridiculous! Although these theories are like done to lighten the mood, I guess, they are equally uncomfortable to several others. Maybe this 'dark secret' part should stop at once.

Unfortunately, when Journeys aired, despite starting the world tour format, it didn't do justice for the major part. And now when this new series is being promoted with the world tour format coming back, now the hopes are so high up? What exactly do you expect the world tour format in this new series to be, other than that it would feature two protagonists riding on an airship?

I’m honestly not sure what it entails but the airship setting means we can have a bigger cast that comes in and out of focus compared to if we followed wilderness travels like Gen 1-6 in the anime. The central setting worked great for SM, not so much for JN, but JN didn’t really feel as actualized in its choices as SM anyway, which was a series that went all in. If they can really master that community vibe, I think it will be worth it.

Of course, the same could have been accomplished with living in Mesagoza, but the anime’s goal now is definitely to become its own thing distinct from the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.