• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro39

This hasn't been confirmed yet. And I don't think that it is.
Nor has it been confirmed that the series takes place in an AU like you said.

Edit: that doesn't mean SV characters won't make appearances in the future. When JN was first revealed in the trailers, there were no appearances of any SWSH characters. Leon didn't appear in the anime until episode 12.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I've yet to see anything related to Roy that doesn't make me feel the series would be better off without him tbh.

That's true I mean....

Trailers are meant to entice people and say OHHH Look at this

There's still one thing on those trailers that have to appeal me. It's the Rayquaza? No that's a mystery. It's the flying ship? Meh. It's the girl he is doing nothing. It's the boy? He is doing nothing.

There's nothing on this trailer that says OH I will watch this.

No battles, not even Pokemon. The only things that makes people somewhat excited is that this is a new Pokemon series without our "Hero" Ash Ketchum

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Something in this series build up isn't right and they did the same with JN Ash
Basically while we know their goals, what they will do with them? Ash's "certain encounter" and PWC introduction only happened a few episodes in with Leon
Goh and Chloe got major goal twists halfway the series too
Liko wants to know the mystery with her pendant, but how will she? I wouldn't count Paldea gyms out yet for that, but for a goal related to Paldea what is she going to do in other regions besides following Roy? And how is he going to battle legendaries with a Fuecoco? Even Ash struggled with them in JN power scaling

The anime format even after the change is pretty easy to have random adventures with pokémon, but we need to have some sort of progression

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not sure if there will even be a major battling goal this time around.

*Solaris*

One thing I understand why people are mad at is the involvement of Kanto in this story... Why is Riko going to a KANTO academy? There are literally schools in Pladea.

I understand they had to find a way for Riko and Roy to bump heads but besides Roy wanting to challenge Legendary Pokemon they also said he thrives adventure. You literally could've just had Roy be on an Adventure already, he ends up in Paldea and befriends Riko and boom

BlueLight

One thing I understand why people are mad at is the involvement of Kanto in this story... Why is Riko going to a KANTO academy? There are literally schools in Pladea.

I understand they had to find a way for Riko and Roy to bump heads but besides Roy wanting to challenge Legendary Pokemon they also said he thrives adventure. You literally could've just had Roy be on an Adventure already, he ends up in Paldea and befriends Riko and boom
Maybe because she's a transfer student, considering that there wouldn't have been any reason to have Liko in a Kanto academy, other than being a transfer student, since Paldea does have two major schools, along with it being Liko's native region and, yet, neither of them is even shown.

Spyro39

Maybe because she's a transfer student, considering that there wouldn't have been any reason to have Liko in a Kanto academy, other than being a transfer student, since Paldea does have two major schools, along with it being Liko's native region and, yet, neither of them is even shown.
Then the real question is, why is Liko even a transfer student to begin with? Why couldn't she have stayed in Paldea's academy?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
The premise is already giving me way too much bad vibes with it trying hard to replicate the OS and on top of that going for a Journeys-esque world tour setting from what it seems.

Let the new anime have a different setup, please, let all these parallels to Ash's journey be simply present for 2-3 minutes before switching out to a more original setup

Then the real question is, why is Liko even a transfer student to begin with? Why couldn't she have stayed in Paldea's academy?
Kantoooooo pandering.

Anyways, I blame it on the writers of modern Pokemon being allergic to game stuff being in the anime itself

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I think they are distancing themselves from the games which is good

Spyro39

Let the new anime have a different setup, please, let all these parallels to Ash's journey be simply present for 2-3 minutes before switching out to a more original setup
While the setup is very Journeys-esque, the setup looks more like exploring the mysteries of the world rather than competing in a major world tournament like last series.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
They gave her the best financial aid package?

MaMcMu

What’s with the friggen Kanto supremacy? First the G-Max forms, then Journeys neglecting Galar and now Paldea may be overshadowed again. What makes Kanto so special?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, doesn't really matter where they are from. You guys have to remember that Liko and Roy are likely going to be seeing these places for the first time. So while you might say ugh, Vermilion City again, Liko most likely has never been there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.