• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
They are doing a good job with promotion, I just hope this time the product actually delivers.

Spyro39

I guess she was type casted lol

The website also says Liko is a big fan of Gurumin and her costume seems to be of a nidorina. It'd be rather interesting if it's someone from Liko's school. Maybe it's the Oshawott trainer?
It'll be confirmed if that classmate who's Oshawott's trainer has the same VA.

Xuxuba

If Gurumin is supposed to be the Iono in the anime, does that mean we may not see Iono at all?
Dunno. There might be more than one streamer. Iono might even be the one who inspired Gurumin. But, after JN, i am not keeping my hopes high that all of the new gym leaders will be appearing.
It'll be confirmed if that classmate who's Oshawott's trainer has the same VA.
Pretty much. But she doesn't appear to be on the website.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Huh, how come? Most people were talking about how this would take place in the AU. What caused the opinions to swap abruptly?
I'm just making an assumption. Going by the fact they didn't make even try to hint at it in the final episode, haven't said anything about it in press material and the show is airing relatively soon, I would imagine something would've been said by now but who knows just being hopeful

I loved the very brief shot of Roy we saw. He seems like he will have a unique vibe and be really chill, but also a good friend.
He’s definitely stan material, especially if people are gonna continue being weird and nasty towards him for no reason

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The only info we have on Gurumin is that she’s a popular streamer. She can be Iono which is baffling why they would hide her identity. Then there’s the possibility she’s an original creation of the anime which baffles me as to why they wouldn’t just use Iono.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only info we have on Gurumin is that she’s a popular streamer. She can be Iono which is baffling why they would hide her identity. Then there’s the possibility she’s an original creation of the anime which baffles me as to why they wouldn’t just use Iono.
I think it's because this saga won't have any game characters in it at all.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The op sounds amazing as expected. Gives me a lot of Getta Ban Ban vibes but more modernized to fit the trendy Jpop sound of now; it’s very Eve/Goodbye Sengen-esque.

I am loving the vibe so far. People have commented that it seems much more “anime” now, and I agree. The way everything looks and is presented just feels like a modern anime from the school uniforms to Gurumin (def the 3rd main character lol) to the actual attempts at worldbuilding and mystery we have present in the teaser and character descriptions. The few people whining here about them copying the Journeys format and narrative must be watching a completely different trailer because not even the traveling concept seems similar. The Kanto pandering isn’t the worst it could be, and honestly idgaf about the school being in Kanto if 90% of the series takes place on a flying ship like let’s be fr. At most I could see a few episodes where Riko deals with school drama but definitely not for the whole series since Roy doesn’t seem to be enrolled.

And I really hope we’re starting on a clean slate. Like for now, I mean no returning characters, no overt references, etc. I don’t necessarily want it to be an AU but the best thing the series could do right now is to just tell its story with no interference from nostalgia baiting. Judging by how many people are intrigued at how fresh the trailers look and how there’s already a lot of mystery about the plot and characters I’d say they need to keep the momentum up and stick to their vision.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I think it's because this saga won't have any game characters in it at all.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Nidorina character fills Iono’s place. Like Rinto from JN being suspiciously similar to Wally.

greninjamaster

So not only did they just do a final series catered specifically to the OS but now the new anime is based on a school in the Kanto region. LMAO and some of you still will be in denial about how important TPC views Kanto.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So not only did they just do a final series catered specifically to the OS but now the new anime is based on a school in the Kanto region. LMAO and some of you still will be in denial about how important TPC views Kanto.
It's OLM doing the regional selection.

TPC would surely not focus everything in Kanto, but they let OLM do anything because it's cheap...with a lot of celebrity VAs.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Reminiscing and thinking about when Spanish Twitter almost for a tiny few seconds had me believing that Mallow was Roy's mother and Kiawe was his father with face to face collage comparison for about two seconds until it was revealed he was from Kanto

*Solaris*

With Roy wanting to challenge Legendary Pokemon at least my Croc Fuecoco will leave out of this series an OP beast.

That is unless Roy actually trains his team and the writers don't have him get spanked everytime he encounters one..

Status
Not open for further replies.