• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
With Roy wanting to challenge Legendary Pokemon at least my Croc Fuecoco will leave out of this series an OP beast.

That is unless Roy actually trains his team and the writers don't have him get spanked everytime he encounters one..

I feel like it’s pretty likely that Sprigatito and Fuecoco evolve, though I’m not sure if Fuecoco will go all the way or just to Crocalor. Quaxly seems like the clear unevolved mascot ala Grookey, Rowlet, Chespin, Oshawott, Piplup

Jeal

So, if our cast is living on an airship, they are probably going to be at a new place constantly. I think we have an One Piece-like anime. It's what the past season should have been.

I like it. It has potential.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
So, if our cast is living on an airship, they are probably going to be at a new place constantly. I think we have an One Piece-like anime. It's what the past season should have been.

I like it. It has potential.
Now let’s not get too enthusiastic.

But I agree, makes for a much more interesting world traveling premise than JN.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the streamer kid ends up being a bishounen boy, to be honest.

Girl is likeable but I'm not putting past a twist it was just a boy.

I loved the very brief shot of Roy we saw. He seems like he will have a unique vibe and be really chill, but also a good friend.

Me too. I think he is going to be my favorite.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I think the streamer is a talking Pokémon like Meowth who wears a costume to avoid extreme attention, but the odds of that are basically 0%

ShadowForce720

I feel like it’s pretty likely that Sprigatito and Fuecoco evolve, though I’m not sure if Fuecoco will go all the way or just to Crocalor. Quaxly seems like the clear unevolved mascot ala Grookey, Rowlet, Chespin, Oshawott, Piplup
The thing that throws a wrench in the argument is that unlike the cases with those other Pokémon Quaxly is actually less popular then it’s final evolution Quaquavel.

If anything Fuecoco looks more like the Pokémon that will be the unevolved mascot considering it’s more popular then it’s final evolution and even has the one of the common personality traits of those type of Pokémon being that it is a glutton.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

*Solaris*

I just now realized this but... Does anyone else find it strange that out of all these trailers, We never got a single shot of our two Protags actually interacting?

Jeal

I am wondering what is the mystery about Roy's pokéball. It holds some pokémon like the GS ball?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Since we’re bringing up the One Piece comparisons; I would like it if, like any other normal anime (and not the archaic model Pokemon had been following leading up to whatever the hell Journeys was), we had actual story arcs. And not like 2-3 episodes of a plot line I mean like actual 10+ episodes of things happening in a given city or region to further the plot and character development until the narrative’s climax. We can have fun goofy fillers as breathers in between but when it comes to plot I’d appreciate if it was structured properly.

In One Piece, since almost every important location is tied to an arc, we get to really feel the culture and worldbuilding of each place we visit. The problem of almost each location feeling the exact same has been a problem throughout the Pokémon anime, but Journeys really pushed this to an extreme. You couldn’t tell what region or city you were in unless you were explicitly told since everywhere it was just generic skyscrapers. If we actually get to spend time in a certain place for more than an episode (and the art direction was improved), then it’ll make the traveling aspect feel worthwhile.

Broseph08

Is anybody shocked that the dub is actually for the most part keeping every character's name consistent?
Tbh I'm not that surprised. Localized names used to be very common in anime in the 90s from Sailor Moon to Yu-Gi-Oh to Detective Conan but that isn't really a thing anymore. Ironically, the Pokemon games do still localize most names to match some of the puns but I also wouldn't be surprised that if the Pokemon anime was released today, Ash would be referred to as Satoshi worldwide

Trey pokes

Is anybody shocked that the dub is actually for the most part keeping every character's name consistent?
They have been with most characters names for a whole now, though examples of inconsistencies fo show up from time to time. Just comes with the territory.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I am wondering what is the mystery about Roy's pokéball. It holds some pokémon like the GS ball?
Maybe the Rayquaza's in there? Would make him the first character in the anime to own a shiny Legendary Pokémon, and the third main character (including rivals) to own a Legendary Pokémon at all (a list that somehow STILL excludes Ash, and now always will).

Status
Not open for further replies.