• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLight

Theory: These two are the same person.
index.php
index.php
It's actually a 50:50! The latter's actual name hasn't even been mentioned yet, while the main and supporting cast have their names already revealed. She's the only person who, despite looking like a supporting character, hasn't been talked on, like Roy.

Besides, she even has a fang to make it seem as such!

BlueLight

>Ash works hard to reach masters 8
>Instantly loses to Steven
>???
>Anime ends
I mean it was a shocker that Ash actually beat Steven, the man behind studying Mega Evolution just second to Professor Sycamore.

Despite being 3-on-3, it was kind of a battle that just chopped the pre-built hype by half or more upon airing.

What also shocked me was that the Pokemon Steven used, other than Metagross, during that battle, though intimidating, didn't have much hype radiated to me.

I was mostly looking forward to Ash's Pikachu battling Steven's Mega Metagross. I have, by now, kind of forgotten the majority of the match, but I do remember than the latter was defeated by Pikachu's Z-Move. The way Pikachu was able to manipulate the colored thunderbolts separately, enough to prevent Metagross from quick-attacking, kind of felt odd though.

The man, who was one of the MVPs of the Kalos War, literally lost to a 10-year old Trainer in some kind of an underrated battle (I don't know properly what 'underrated' means, but, to me, it is a battle that wasn't as exciting as other top battles, yet it played a crucial role in Ash's path to battle Leon).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I mean it was a shocker that Ash actually beat Steven, the man behind studying Mega Evolution just second to Professor Sycamore.

Despite being 3-on-3, it was kind of a battle that just chopped the pre-built hype by half or more upon airing.

What also shocked me was that the Pokemon Steven used, other than Metagross, during that battle, though intimidating, didn't have much hype radiated to me.

I was mostly looking forward to Ash's Pikachu battling Steven's Mega Metagross. I have, by now, kind of forgotten the majority of the match, but I do remember than the latter was defeated by Pikachu's Z-Move. The way Pikachu was able to manipulate the colored thunderbolts separately, enough to prevent Metagross from quick-attacking, kind of felt odd though.

The man, who was one of the MVPs of the Kalos War, literally lost to a 10-year old Trainer in some kind of an underrated battle (I don't know properly what 'underrated' means, but, to me, it is a battle that wasn't as exciting as other top battles, yet it played a crucial role in Ash's path to battle Leon).

I mean, Ash was a master at Z-Moves too, and 10MV is one of the strongest ones in universe

BlueLight

I mean, Ash was a master at Z-Moves too, and 10MV is one of the strongest ones in universe
Ash has only performed 9 out of 35 Z-Moves (and there's no way he would do it all since he hasn't even caught all Z-Move specific Pokemon in the first place, let alone even catch a Mew, and you say that he's a Z-Move Master? In what way is he one? You mean in terms of his strong poses and synchronization with his Pokemon?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't agree with that analogy, but due credit for for making me laugh.
To be fair I do get your stance. I did think the same as well before JN132 and the MPM Poster and OP but was always like "man they (Nebby and Larvitar) should definitely count , he may not have them in pokeballs but he literally raised them and bonded with them just like his own mons if not better at times.

After JN132 and MPM OP and Poster showed to me the writers think the same and give it the same level, I'm all that's Ash's mon Ash has had a legendary mentality now. If we give pokeballs too much credit then I guess Seaking, Stakataka and all should be given more credit than Larvitar and Nebby
I think it's so poetic the strongest Z move shown defeated the strongest mega (Steven imo was the best trainer shown in XYZ :p) and the strongest G Max move
Ash has only performed 9 out of 35 Z-Moves (and there's no way he would do it all since he hasn't even caught all Z-Move specific Pokemon in the first place, let alone even catch a Mew, and you say that he's a Z-Move Master? In what way is he one? You mean in terms of his strong poses and synchronization with his Pokemon?
I mean that is a Z move completionist
Z move master doesn't necessarily need to mean being a completionist

BlueLight

To be fair I do get your stance. I did think the same as well before JN132 and the MPM Poster and OP but was always like "man they (Nebby and Larvitar) should definitely count , he may not have them in pokeballs but he literally raised them and bonded with them just like his own mons if not better at times.

After JN132 and MPM OP and Poster showed to me the writers think the same and give it the same level, I'm all that's Ash's mon Ash has had a legendary mentality now. If we give pokeballs too much credit then I guess Seaking, Stakataka and all should be given more credit than Larvitar and Nebby

I think it's so poetic the strongest Z move shown defeated the strongest mega (Steven imo was the best trainer shown in XYZ :p) and the strongest G Max move

I mean that is a Z move completionist
Z move master doesn't necessarily need to mean being a completionist
Oh, sorry.

ShadowForce720

Here is a question if Ash shows up later in the series what would you think if this wind up be his current team the next time he shows up:

Ash’s team:
Pikachu(Electric)(Z-move)
Pidgeot(Normal/Flying) <- ->Mega Pidgeot(Normal/Flying)
Annihilape(Fighting/Ghost)
Dudunsparce(Normal)
Latias(Dragon/Psychic)
Latios(Dragon/Psychic)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Here is a question if Ash shows up later in the series what would you think if this wind up be his current team the next time he shows up:

Ash’s team:
Pikachu(Electric)(Z-move)
Pidgeot(Normal/Flying) <- ->Mega Pidgeot(Normal/Flying)
Annihilape(Fighting/Ghost)
Dudunsparce(Normal)
Latias(Dragon/Psychic)
Latios(Dragon/Psychic)

If Ash returns I don't think he'll have new mons or if he does it'll probably be a hypothetical Paldean team

If it's reserves I'd like seeing:
Pikachu (duh)
Pidgeot coz of the finale
Krookodile coz it got robbed in MPM and deserves it
Same for Melmetal and Lycanroc
Charizard coz it's iconic and can battle Friede's zard
And Ig if only one alolan mon to return, someone else I'd like to see return would probably be Infernape coz bias and I'd like to see Blaze again or Gliscor that too got robbed

Rune Knight

Don't worry guys, I had ChatGPT provide an accurate translation this time. Here is what it read:

"Liko embarks on a journey to find her father Rayquaza, while Roy seeks to capture it. The two engage in a ferocious battle that ends when the Lord, Messiah and Savior Ash Ketchum intervenes. Rayquaza reveals that it was all a rouse and that his actual objective was to attract the attention of Ash Ketchum and kill him once and for all.

Ash reveals himself to be Liko's real father and sacrifices himself to protect her. Liko in a fit of rage turns Super Saiyan and charges at Rayquaza. Rayquaza lies defeated and Roy throws a pokeball at it, catching it and sealing it once and for all.

We then cut to Ash's funeral and on his thombstone it reads "Here lies Ash, a friend, a father, and a Pokémon Master." The series ends with Liko and Roy carrying on in their journey and continuining Ash's legacy."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.