• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeal

Black Rayquaza seems so random. I wonder which is his role on the story. But I think that Roy is going to go after legendaries after meeting him.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Black Rayquaza seems so random. I wonder which is his role on the story. But I think that Roy is going to go after legendaries after meeting him.
I am interested in learning the background of why Shiny Rayquaza was chosen specifically.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I am interested in learning the background of why Shiny Rayquaza was chosen specifically.
8cbf78169582c44a68a053843b2a1281.jpg

As you can see, Shinyquaza is in the background.

Akashin

In lieu of an in-universe explanation, I can think of an immediate possibility. Just as Latias was picked for MPM based on its capabilities, they could have picked Rayquaza because they wanted a Legendary to be front and center, but wanted one that could ostensibly appear anywhere. Though Rayquaza is technically Hoenn-native, its atmospheric habitat means it could theoretically descend just about anywhere, meaning any plot surrounding it wouldn't be locked to one specific region.

That's just a random thought, though. There could be a more specific reason behind it.

Rune Knight

There usually tends to be a Legendary that kickstarts each series and sometimes they also don't belong to the new Generation that is being promoted.

Ho-Oh for Kanto
Suicuine for Johto
None for Hoenn, but you could argue Ho-Oh again since seeing it led Ash to decide to travel to there.
Mesprit for Sinnoh (seen by Dawn)
Zekrom for Unova
None for Kalos :(
Tapu-Koko for Alola
Mew or Lugia for Journeys
Shiny Rayquaza for Horizons

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
There usually tends to be a Legendary that kickstarts each series and sometimes they also don't belong to the new Generation that is being promoted.

Ho-Oh for Kanto
Suicuine for Johto
None for Hoenn, but you could argue Ho-Oh again since seeing it led Ash to decide to travel to there.
Zekrom for Unova
Tapu-Koko for Alola
They're specifically hyping up Rayquaza though which they didn't really do for those other ones.

Akashin

Ho-Oh for Kanto
Suicuine for Johto
Zekrom for Unova
Tapu-Koko for Alola
It's not a Legendary, but Mega Blaziken would probably be Kalos' equivalent of this.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Actually, could Dokimeki Diary be Riko’s image song? It’s not sung by Minori Suzuki, her seiyuu, but Kimi no Soba de & DoriDori were both sung by different people at first, with versions sung by Dawn & Serena coming out later. The song is described as embodying “Liko’s adventurous spirit through joyous pop synths”, so it really does seem like her image song.

Well it’s the first OP of Riko’s series; it’ll be associated with her no matter what. It’s catchy af so I’m glad either way

Sham

The Guardian of War
Actually, could Dokimeki Diary be Riko’s image song? It’s not sung by Minori Suzuki, her seiyuu, but Kimi no Soba de & DoriDori were both sung by different people at first, with versions sung by Dawn & Serena coming out later. The song is described as embodying “Liko’s adventurous spirit through joyous pop synths”, so it really does seem like her image song.

Well it’s the first OP of Riko’s series; it’ll be associated with her no matter what. It’s catchy af so I’m glad either way
Same. I think also they’ll do something like the Journey’s OP’s and have the openings be connected but instead the recurring theme is having them as personalized songs. So the second one will focused on Roy and the third/fourth one with be Nidothing’s/Friede’s.

I could also believe Liko’s VA recording a personalized version like I Won’t Lose, Kimi no Soba de & DoriDori and playing during a special moment like when she finds out the secret to her necklace. Song is a bop

Rune Knight

What's interesting is that Rayquaza is transferable to the Scarlet Johansson games.

So although this thread isn't for game talk, I think that they might promote it through a future tera event or something.

Personally, I think that it could make for a good dark type due to its shiny coloring and since it can naturally learn captain crunch.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Please no repeating songs. Journeys was the ABSOLUTE WORST when it came to OPs and Eds and I'd like to have actually decent songs again.
I liked 123's first and last versions, but the second and especially the last one.........sheesh. The EDs were at an all time low too. Also we haven't had a fully original ED that doesn't include children singing since like 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.