• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Pokemon Zodiac

Do you like these pokemon for the zodiac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McNugget

The Bassist
Well hi!
I suppose by now we've all at least heard of the pokemon horoscopes right?
When you use a TV in B/W sometimes a news report will give you a horoscope
these are the readings they go by birth month....

Jan-Sawsbuck
Feb-Simipour
Mar-Alomomola
Apr-Whimsicott
May-Bouffalant
Jun-Klink
Jul-Crustle
Aug-Braviary
Sep-Gothorita
Oct-Lampent
Nov-Scolipede
Dec-Fraxure

What I'm asking is... do you like these choices? I really hate most of them...
Seriously I'm Simipour?......What a slap to the face, I hate that pokemon T.T
So what's your opinion?
Do you like these pokemon?
Do you like this idea?
Post and share your views!

Edit/// Welll I just pressed yes out of boredom..... don't count 1 yes

Last edited:

ZFXZFX

I like the idea of it, but I frankly do not really like the pokemon chosen. There are some that I like, but I am not one of the better ones.

December for Fraxure? Meh. Probably would've prefered Axew instead.

ZFXZFX ~ ;038;

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
It would be more interesting if they didn't strictly limit it to 5th generation Pokemon. It's a unique idea, but I find it hard to warm up to. It's the kind of thing I just find myself saying "eh, whatever" to it.

They kinda suit it because they belong to the astrological sign. But if we were to do it based on all regions I think this would be better:
Aries - Ampharos
Taurus - Tauros
Gemni - Plusle/Minun
Cancer - Kingler
Leo - Luxray
Virgo - Liligant works the best actually
Libra - Gothorita I guess
Scorpio - Drapion
Sagittarius - Stantler
Capricorn - Arceus
Aquarius - Solrock I think
Pisces - Basculin works much better than Alomomola...

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
They kinda suit it because they belong to the astrological sign. But if we were to do it based on all regions I think this would be better:
Aries - Ampharos
Taurus - Tauros
Gemni - Plusle/Minun
Cancer - Kingler
Leo - Luxray
Virgo - Liligant works the best actually
Libra - Gothorita I guess
Scorpio - Drapion
Sagittarius - Stantler
Capricorn - Arceus
Aquarius - Solrock I think
Pisces - Basculin works much better than Alomomola...

I agree with all what you have chosen. I think that is a fine match-up.

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
I think Gothorita would be fine.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Zorua/Zoroark is a better October Pokemon.

XXD17

Draco rex
I think they are mostly fine...but I'd tweak a few...

Aries: Whimsicott is perfect, it's a cotton ram, ampharos is more like a sheared sheep/ giraffe with no horns...it's also my sign and I'm fine with whimsicott

Taurus: Tauros, self explanatory

Gemini: Plusle and minun, although klink is fine too

Cancer: Kingler, more of a traditional crab than crustle

Leo: Luxray, it's actually a lion

Virgo: any effeminate, graceful pokemon works here, gardevoir, gothitelle, lilligant, they all work, gothorita seems a bit young.

Libra: libra is for balance, lampents seems to be balanced but I think bronzong and sigilyph work better since they are more symmetrical, chandelure can work too

Scorpio: drapion, it's actually a scorpion

Sagittarius: Sagittarius is the archer, NOT the centaur, it's just commonly depicted as a centaur but it's key aspect is the archery. this one is a toughy since there aren't any pokemon that shoot arrows but blades work too which is how they got fraxure...I'd go with gallade personally

Capricorn: capricorn is a sea goat although it is known only as the goat...if just the goat, then cobalion will work since it's a goat pokemon...if the sea goat combo, then i think dewgong works better...

Aquarius: the water carrier, simipour is actually not bad, golduck and blastoise work too

Pisces: definitely basculin, two formes attached at the tail

flygonisok

Poke-Guitarist
NO Instead of Luxray for Leo, Arcanine! Summer for FIRE get it??

ZFXZFX

NO Instead of Luxray for Leo, Arcanine! Summer for FIRE get it??

But that wouldn't work for Australia and stuff, because for us, It is Winter at that time lol.

ZFXZFX ~ ;038;

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY I'M A GOTHORITA!? ;___;
I hate that Pokemon so much it isn't even funny. I'm a Libra and was born in September. That's 2X the Gothorita, according to this thread...I'm not even like a Gothorita...Gallade fits Libra much better, in my opinion.

I have to agree with pokeninja123. We have a ghost for October...just because it's the month of Halloween? Isn't that just a bit unfare? Also, how does Gothorita for September make sense? In fact, nothing really makes sense in this. Why couldn't I be November or April? :< Those are some of my favorite fifth generation Pokemon...

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I think they are mostly fine...but I'd tweak a few...

Aries: Whimsicott is perfect, it's a cotton ram, ampharos is more like a sheared sheep/ giraffe with no horns...it's also my sign and I'm fine with whimsicott

Taurus: Tauros, self explanatory

Gemini: Plusle and minun, although klink is fine too

Cancer: Kingler, more of a traditional crab than crustle

Leo: Luxray, it's actually a lion

Virgo: any effeminate, graceful pokemon works here, gardevoir, gothitelle, lilligant, they all work, gothorita seems a bit young.

Libra: libra is for balance, lampents seems to be balanced but I think bronzong and sigilyph work better since they are more symmetrical, chandelure can work too

Scorpio: drapion, it's actually a scorpion

Sagittarius: Sagittarius is the archer, NOT the centaur, it's just commonly depicted as a centaur but it's key aspect is the archery. this one is a toughy since there aren't any pokemon that shoot arrows but blades work too which is how they got fraxure...I'd go with gallade personally

Capricorn: capricorn is a sea goat although it is known only as the goat...if just the goat, then cobalion will work since it's a goat pokemon...if the sea goat combo, then i think dewgong works better...

Aquarius: the water carrier, simipour is actually not bad, golduck and blastoise work too

Pisces: definitely basculin, two formes attached at the tail

I agree with above, that's very well thought out and practical.

Anyways i'm just here for visual representation ;)

XXD17

Draco rex
WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY I'M A GOTHORITA!? ;___;
I hate that Pokemon so much it isn't even funny. I'm a Libra and was born in September. That's 2X the Gothorita, according to this thread...I'm not even like a Gothorita...Gallade fits Libra much better, in my opinion.

I have to agree with pokeninja123. We have a ghost for October...just because it's the month of Halloween? Isn't that just a bit unfare? Also, how does Gothorita for September make sense? In fact, nothing really makes sense in this. Why couldn't I be November or April? :< Those are some of my favorite fifth generation Pokemon...

libra is lampent, gothorita is virgo...people born between august 23 and septmeber 22 are virgo, people after that are libra...they just assigned one pokemon to a month which is incorrect...the pokemon are supposed to correlate with the sign appearance, not the month they are associated with...

anyways, I'm happy with being a whimsicott...

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Sorry, I misunderstood the poll, thought it was do you like a pokemon zodiac, not the pokemon in it. So, my new answer is "No" Some of them don't fit, and they should have used all generations of pokemon. I get that they were trying to increase popularity of gen5 poke, but this wasn't the best way to do it.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Scolipede. Ergh, Much rather it be Drapion for All Gens, and if just 5th gen, ScraftyDewott Scolipede is ok, I guess.

CuriousHeartless

Well hi!
I suppose by now we've all at least heard of the pokemon horoscopes right?
When you use a TV in B/W sometimes a news report will give you a horoscope
these are the readings they go by birth month....

Jan-Sawsbuck Like this one, mostly because I like Sawsbuck's Winter form.
Feb-SimipourMaybe this one should've been Swoobat becasue, ya'know, it's got a heart for a nose and learns attract AND Heart Stamp by leevel up and February is a month of love.
Mar-Alomomola March is the beginning of Spring irl, so maybe a Petilil or Lilligant would fit a lot better.
Apr-Whimsicott Hmm. April makes me think Water type, ya'know April Showers. Maybe Simipour should be here.
May-Bouffalant I like this one.
Jun-Klink A female-only pokemon would be good here. I think Mandibuzz would've worked.
Jul-Crustle Switch this one and Braviary and you got it.
Aug-Braviary Like I said, put this one as July for a Fourth of July thing. I know that that's American, but Braviary is quite obviously an American pokemon.
Sep-Gothorita Oh god. My birthday is in September and I hate that it means I'm a Gothorita. I would've prefered anything from this gen. I'd even prefer Gothita because it's still fairly cute and not creepy. Serperior would be preffered here.
Oct-Lampent Heh. See, they connected this one with Halloween. I like it, but Chandelure is creepier.
Nov-Scolipede Good for me.
Dec-Fraxure A dragon in the month usually associated with ice and snow? One of the Vanillas would work a lot better.

Comments in bold. Although, a completely different set would be better.