• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangertrout

Venusaur@Leftovers
Overgrow
Hasty/Mild
252 Spd/200 Spatk/56 Atk
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power[Ice/Rock]

If you've been breeding Bulbasaur, you've probably got some Hasty/Mild ones in there.
Toxic+Venoshock isn't very good without Toxic Spikes support. Growth boosts both offensive stats. Earthquake is a vital coverage move. While HP[Ice] hits Dragons, HP[Rock] hits every one of a Grass type's weakness Poison(which you're neutral to anyway). I prefer Giga Drain over Leaf Storm for continued attacking and gaining back HP lost by using Growth.

oops, I should have mentioned, I'm using these two specifically because they're shiny, so I won't be re-breeding. I just wanted to do something a little more special than leaving them to rot in a trophy box :p
So yeah, giga drain is out of the picture for these guys and I'm stuck with modest nature :( i DO have one with HP Ice though, so hurrah!

edit - soooooo... any ideas for a good special set for my cute little shiny modest bulbasaurs? I just want to make them the best they can be (even if they're not great to begin with)

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, Giga Drain, HP Ice, Sludge Bomb, and.....Echoed Voice/Round?

There's really not much option for a Modest one.....

Dangertrout

Well, Giga Drain, HP Ice, Sludge Bomb, and.....Echoed Voice/Round?

There's really not much option for a Modest one.....
Yeah, it would be much better if it had the DW ability, but what can you do. Looks like Giga Drain is a tutor move in BW2, so I could replace Leaf Storm later on. Until then, I'll work with what I have.
I'm not really familiar with Round and Echoed Voice, so..
Round might be an option, but looks like it's meant for double battles, right?
Echoed Voice might be ok, but any Protect or Detect user would thwart it's power increase, correct?

Option 1:
• ;003;Venusaur @ Item
• Overgrow
• Modest
• 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
I could drop Sunny Day for Hidden Power depending on the teammates.

Option 2:
• ;003;Venusaur @ Item
• Overgrow
• Modest
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power

Option 3:
• ;003;Venusaur @ Item
• Overgrow
• Modest
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Synthesis
I could always put a Toxic Spikes user on the team to help Venoshock be awesome.

So which option would be best for singles and which would be best for doubles? (or if there's a better set that I didn't think of, what would it be?)
Keep in mind, I'm trying to find sets for something that is already bred, so we're stuck with Modest and can't add egg moves. Oh, and the Hidden Power choices are limited to Ice and Dragon.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
For Singles I'd say the second one. But only use HP if it's [Fire] / [Ice]. Otherwise Sludge Bomb is good.

For Doubles I'd say the first. Sunny Day paired with the right Pokemon is quite nice.

Dangertrout

For Singles I'd say the second one. But only use HP if it's [Fire] / [Ice]. Otherwise Sludge Bomb is good.

For Doubles I'd say the first. Sunny Day paired with the right Pokemon is quite nice.

kool, thanks. One more question:
What would be a good set for Nidoking? I'm going to breed one later this month, and wanted ideas BEFORE I breed it this time. I have access to a DW female / egg move parents, so no limits =)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd go for a Mixed set with Earthquake / Sludge Bomb / Flamethrower / Aqua Tail. And make sure to have a Speed raising nature such as Naive.

Aurath8

I'd go for a Mixed set with Earthquake / Sludge Bomb / Flamethrower / Aqua Tail. And make sure to have a Speed raising nature such as Naive.

Another option is to go fully special with something like Earth Power|Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt|Ice Beam|Flamethrower.

It just occurred to me that we should probably update the movesets in the OP since BW2 came out. Especially when some pokemon like Serperior gained a ton from the move tutors.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ I agree. Sadly we need either Alex or a Mod to edit the OP. And there aren't really any Mods and Alex isn't active :/

Aurath8

Sawsbuck
Adamant
Leftover
Sap Sipper

Horn Leech
Megahorn
Jump Kick
Swords Dance

I'd go with Wild Charge > Megahorn so you're not completely walled by Flying types.

ArcanusX said:
Flygon@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Roost

One option is use a Hasty/Naive nature and Fire Blast. It's actually more powerful than Adamant Fire Punch. Either way is fine in the end though.

~ DC ~

Jolly is nice on Sawsbuck.

Thunderpunch or what Aurawarrior said is good.

chap196

New BW2 Beartic set
Beartic @Leftover
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Snow Cloak
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed or HP?/4 Speed or HP?
Move Set
Sword Dance
Aqua Jet
Brick Break/Rock Slide (Aura Sensai)
Icicle Crash (Aura Sensai)
Basic Beartic Sword Dance Set

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
New BW2 Beartic set
Beartic @Leftover
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Snow Cloak
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed or HP?/4 Speed or HP?
Move Set
Sword Dance
Aqua Jet
Brick Break / Rock Slide
Icicle Crash
Basic Beartic Sword Dance Set

Changes in Bold. I find it weird you didn't have a STAB though.

chap196

I forget to put Icicle Crash on Beartic, so I will edit it. Thanks for the suggestion Aura Sensai.

Last edited:

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
There's no roserade set o_O
how about this?

• Roserade @ Life Orb
• natural cure
• modest
• 252 satk, 252 spe
- giga drain / leaf storm / petal dance
- sleep powder / HP[fire]
- sludge bomb
- rest

roserade is quite awesome imo. giga drain keeps it alive and prevents LO from hurting too much. petal dance is really strong, but confuses you (--> switch out). leaf storm is its most powerful move and will also hurt resisted quite much, but you know the drawbacks.
sleep powder is juts great in general.
sludge bomb is strong, and has neutral coverage on many things, while HP fire hits steels and others SE.
rest is full cure, and switching out makes roserade wake up.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
There's no roserade set o_O
how about this?

• Roserade @ Life Orb
• natural cure
Timid
• 252 satk, 252 spe 4 HP
- giga drain / leaf storm / petal dance
- sleep powder /
- HP [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Reoserade dosen't have the best Speed , so just to give it that extra push , Timid is nice. HP [Fire] is a no brainer since it gives great coverage. Leech Seed with Giga Drain keeps you nice and healthy. Rest isn't very good without Chesto.

roserade is quite awesome imo. giga drain keeps it alive and prevents LO from hurting too much. petal dance is really strong, but confuses you (--> switch out). leaf storm is its most powerful move and will also hurt resisted quite much, but you know the drawbacks.
sleep powder is juts great in general.
sludge bomb is strong, and has neutral coverage on many things, while HP fire hits steels and others SE.
rest is full cure, and switching out makes roserade wake up.

Comments in Bold.

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
My Crustle:
So what?! Did you live on a Cavern?!
558.png

Crustle@Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Sp Def
~Earthquake
~X-Scissor
~Rock Slide/Stone edge
~Curse
Description:
Meh. I Hate Shell smash, but i do love his Defenses and typing, making him a perfect option for for a Wall.
It aren't hard to understand his duty on my team
X-Scissor and Rock slide are the main STABs. Earthquake+Rock slide leaves me with terrific coverage.
Curse is the main move for this Crustle. Before anything else, i firstly Set Up with Curse. Raising both my Attack and Defense, even tough it lowers my speed, but what? It doesn't make difference.
EV's are simple, suited to a wall. Max HP and Max Sp Defense.
Any questions?
PS: Please, don't made any rates that include Shell Smash..

chap196

I want to try Arcanine and I never use it before, so can anybody rate my Arcanine

Arcanine @Life Orb
Nature Jolly
Ability Intimidate/Flash Fire
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Move Set
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Wild Charge
Extreamspeed/Crunch
Just a basic Physical Arcanine

Arcanine @Life Orb
Nature Rash/Naughty/Lonely/Mild/Naive/Hasty
Ability Intimidate/Flash Fire
EVs 252 Speed/ 128 Attack/ 128 Special Attack
Move Set
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse?
Wild Charge
I want to try something unique, so I will use a Mix Arcanine

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Well I recently captured a Shiny Electrike but I'm not sure about the moveset I need to give it. So can someone help me with it? (I used Manectric as Pokemon since I'm going to evolve it.)
Manectric @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
• Static
• Brave
• 4 HP / 252 SP. Att / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Thunder Wave / Signal Beam
(NOTE: Nature and Ability can't be changed because like I said I captured it that way, so please don't say it should have another Ability or Nature.)

Well Volt Switch is to deal some damage and then to safely return. Flamethower is to get rid of Grass types that resist my Electric attacks. Thunderbolt for STAB and more damage or Discharge for STAB, a bit less power but greater chance of Paralysis. Thunder Wave to slow down opponents and somtimes get a free turn when it is paralysed. I may teach it Signal Beam in BW2 at the Move Tutor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.