• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyacinth

Instead of trying to go mixed attack salamence would be better of useing a dragon dance set
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Earthquake
could give it life orb
note if you need fly for in game then get rid of roost.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Not quite sure how this thread works but heck I'll do it any way

Salamence@Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Nature: Brave
245 HP/254 Atk
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump
-Fly
-Draco Meteor

I don't EV train and IV's just plain confuse me. Feel free too bash this as much as you need

This is my favorite set for Salamence.

Salamence @Lum Berry
] Lonely / Intimidate [
] 252 Speed / 220 Atk / 38 Sp.Atk [
• Fire Blast
• Dragon Dance
• Dragon Claw
• Earthquake

Dragon Claw is fine as a STAB after you get in a few DD's. DD to set up and Earthquake provides brilliant coverage with the other two Attacks. Fire Blast deals with Steel types such as Skarmory who would be walled by soybtree's set.

Star Champion AJ

Unfortunately, the AI doesn't have emotions.
Attract is also unreliable since it only works on half of the pokemon you encounter.

Yeah, everybody knows how AI can be often a B****!
And Attract should be (for trolling purposes) Emolga's signature move (see the Anime) and Attract doesn't hit genderless Pokémon and some Pokémon are gender exclusive/have rates different from the 50/50 we all know and (not) love.

KingZammy

Hi! Someone directed me here, and I'm pretty lost in "EV-training". (Or new to this stuff).
But I've been trying on my Dragonite and this was what I got.

Dragonite
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Max HP: 133
Attack: 145
Defense: 73
Sp. Attack: 75
Sp. Defense: 75
Speed: 116

(The stats I got at L.50)

ThunderPunch
FirePunch
DragonDance
DragonClaw

I got feedback that it's terrible, how would you guys suggest that I would improve this Dragonite?
Someone also said that I should rebreed a brand new one, which I will do so. What should I look for in the L.1 Dratini?
What items should I give my Dragonite? And what movesets?

I'm just a confused person :(

Edit: It's also Adamant nature, Loves to eat.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Well according to Serebii, that Dragonite couldn't possibly have those stats at lvl 50. Its Defence should be at least 90, its HP should be 151 and its Spatk and Spdef should be at least 94.

Anyway as for the moveset, use Earthquake over Thunder Punch.

KingZammy

Well according to Serebii, that Dragonite couldn't possibly have those stats at lvl 50. Its Defence should be at least 90, its HP should be 151 and its Spatk and Spdef should be at least 94.

Anyway as for the moveset, use Earthquake over Thunder Punch.

Oh thanks. That means I must have lost count on my Dragonite. :( That was my first time Ev training. And i will do so to the thunderpunch. What items should i give my dragonite?

And also i will rebreed my dragonite to get a new one. Any advice?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I personally prefer Fire Blast > Fire Puch to hit Steel Types with high Defense harder.

If you do so , try to get a Dratini with Lonely Nature.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Ninetales @ ?
Mild
Drought
EVs: 252 sp. atk 248 spd 10 hp
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Extrasensory (not using psyshock)
Nasty Plot

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Ninetales @Leftovers
Timid
Drought
EVs: 252 sp. atk 248 spd 10 hp
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Extrasensory (not using psyshock) / Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot

Timid will give you the extra Speed you need. Dark Pulse is an alternative to Extrasensory

Comments in Bold.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Comments in Bold.

Is Dark Pulse BW2 tutor or 4th gen?

Magnezone @ ?
252 sp. Atk and the rest split for defense/sp defense
Quiet
Magnet Pull
Thunderbolt/Discharge for multi
Volt Switch
Tri Attack
Gyros Ball/Mirror Shot/Flash Cannon

Arcanine @ Expert Belt
252 Atk 252 spd 6 hp
Adamant/Lonely
Intimidate
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed for finishing

I know these two are only attacking, Magnezone has 2 electric moves. I like them, and they've worked well so far.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Is Dark Pulse BW2 tutor or 4th gen?

It's both really.

Magnezone @ Wise Glasses
252 sp. Atk and the rest split for defense/sp defense
Modest
Magnet Pull
Thunderbolt/Discharge for multi
Volt Switch / Charge Beam
HP [Ice] / HP [Fire]
Flash Cannon / Substitute

Magnezone hardly has the Attack to go Mixed. Charge Beam is the only boosting move that raises Sp.Atk for Magnezone so it could work. If you use Charge Beam then Substitute is nice for allowing you time to hopefully get a few boosts in.

Arcanine @ Expert Belt
174 Sp.Atk 252 spd 78 Atk
Mild
Intimidate
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed / Crunch for finishing

I prefer to go Mixed. RK9 has much better stats than Magny to do it. EV's balance Attack stats and max Speed to outspeed as much as possible. Flamethrower is a nice STAB when going Mixed since it has no recoil. You can also use Crunch to get a nearlu unresisted combo with Close Combat.

I know these two are only attacking, Magnezone has 2 electric moves. I like them, and they've worked well so far.

Comments in Bold.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Im decided on a Shiny Magneton over Magnezone for my new black 2 team.

This is what i have;

Magneton@Eviolite/Choice Scarf
Ability:Sturdy
Nature: Timid/Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Flash Cannon
-Magic Coat

Let me know what you think, i'm undecided on moveset and nature to run with him, either a bulky sweeper or a slighty more agile then your normal magneton sweeper, The Magic coat was in there for bouncing things, i ran a magneton with psych up once, i played alot of doubles n it seemed to do quite well. I like trying things.... outside of the box? If that makes sense.

This is what i have;

-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Flash Cannon
-Magic Coat

Let me know what you think, i'm undecided on moveset and nature to run with him, either a bulky sweeper or a slighty more agile then your normal magneton sweeper, The Magic coat was in there for bouncing things, i ran a magneton with psych up once, i played alot of doubles n it seemed to do quite well. I like trying things.... outside of the box? If that makes sense.

Definitely Eviolite as an item
I would drop Tri Attack for something else, maybe Signal Beam which is a tutor move. That's provide more coverage.
And idk if Magic Coat would be too useful in-game. Maybe have it with protect instead.

Aura Sensei™

User Title

This is what i have;

-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Flash Cannon
-Magic Coat

Check it's HP. If it's HP [Fire] / HP [Ice] then use it > Tri Attack. For more ingame uses Chrarge Beam and Substitute work well together on it to allow you to set up. Maybe Substitute > Tri Attack and Charge Beam > Magic Coat.

Aurath8

Jellicent@Leftovers
Modest
252 HP/252 Spatk
Water Absorb
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Will-o-Wisp

I don't really like Recover, since healing items have priority, don't deplete PP, don't waste a moveslot and money is never scarce ingame.

Magnezone@Wise Glasses
Modest
252 HP/252 Spatk
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam
-Charge beam?/Volt Switch?

T-bolt and Flash Cannon are STAB and Signal Beam hits' grass types and dark types(which my team is quite weak to), but I'm not sure for a fourth move. Hidden Power is a no-no because I'm lazy.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Jellicent@Leftovers
Modest
252 HP/252 Spatk 4 Sp.Def
Water Absorb
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Will-o-Wisp

I don't really like Recover, since healing items have priority, don't deplete PP, don't waste a moveslot and money is never scarce ingame.

Magnezone@Wise Glasses
Modest
252 HP/252 Spatk / 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute
-Charge beam?/Volt Switch?

Substitute is probably better paire dwith Charge Beam. Flash Cannon hits Grass Types for Neutral damage already.

T-bolt and Flash Cannon are STAB and Signal Beam hits' grass types and dark types(which my team is quite weak to), but I'm not sure for a fourth move. Hidden Power is a no-no because I'm lazy.

Comments in Bold.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
Blastoise @ Leftovers
• Torrent
• Bold
• I need help with the EVs
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ Or use 252 HP / 174 Sp.Def / 78 Def to even out the Defenses. If it can learn Scald , use Scald > Surf. Since Blasty's job is to be a Staller / Wall , it dosen't need Sp.Atk investement.

Last edited:

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I want a Blaze Charizard, one that i can slap on any team not just a sunny day.

Charizard@Choice Specs?
Timid
252 sp.a 252 speed 4hp
-Overheat
-focus blast
-dragon pulse
-air slash

My main focus with this zard is to take out any poke i can, then switch out from a S.E move

Status
Not open for further replies.