• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I'm appaled that Flareon's first OP set is a Curse set. C'mon guys, you can do better than that.

asdf fixing.

Flareon @ Leftovers
• Flash Fire
• Calm
• EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

One of Flareon's "unique" sets, it's one of the few niches that most Fire-types like Blaziken and Houndoom can't touch. Arcanine arguably does it better, but it doesn't get Wish to support the team either, so your pick.

Heh, sort of like an alternative Vaporeon? I like it, although why Lava Plume which iirc has a higher burn chance than Flamethrower and is therefore more likely to interfere with Toxic? Or is Double Status your intention? Whatever the case, added.

Flareon @ Life Orb
• Flash Fire
• Rash
• EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpA / 244 Spe
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Return / HP Grass

Not a particularly powerful Pokemon, but it'll do.

Why 244 Spe? But yes there's not much else it can do irritatingly.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
• Flash Fire
• Hasty
• EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpA / 244 Spe
- Fire Blast / Fire Fang
- Superpower
- Return
- HP Grass

Physically inclined Scarfer.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
• Flash Fire
• Hasty
• EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- HP Grass

Specially inclined Scarfer. Both have the Hasty nature so as to be able to switch into Special Attacks with its Base 110 SpD.

Sure.

Other changes of note: Slash in Life Orb on Leafeon's SD set. The power boost is nothing to scoff at, especially after an SD.

Soul Dew is (iirc) currently unobtainable in Gen 5, so Latios should be holding something else. Leftovers or Life Orb, please.

Slash in Charge Beam with Volt Change on Jolteon's LO set, please. I shouldn't even have to explain that one.

For a horrible second I thought you meant the move Slash and I was like u mad. But these are all good, I'll get it done.

EDIT: Why does Latias have both Dragon Pulse and Psyshock? One or the other with Recover is easily ten times better.

Agree.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
• Sturdy
• Adamant
• EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird / Drill Peck
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Yeahman.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
• Sturdy
• Careful
• EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Drill Peck
- Rock Slide
- Curse
- Roost

Mhm.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
• Sturdy
• Careful
• EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Sky Drop
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost

Credits to YOOMTAH on this last one.

Skarmory can do absurd amounts of stuff what the hell. All going in.

Thanks for your contributions! ^^

• Milotic @ Leftovers
• Marvel Scale
• Bold / Calm
• EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Sp. Atk
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Surf
- Recover

Really I prefer running this;

Milotic @ Leftovers
• Marvel Scale
• Calm Nature
• 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
- Rest
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

But they both play pretty differently and your set is also ok for a more offensive approach although I would move those SpDef EVs into HP in that case. Both can work so I'll add them both, I guess? More options is always good.

• Miltank @ Leftovers
• Thick Fat / Scrappy
• Impish
• EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
- Toxic / Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Return / Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

No idea at all, sorry. )=

• Miltank @ Leftovers
• Scrappy
• Adamant
• EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Return / Body Slam
- Curse
- Milk Drink

I'd say to have Fire Punch in the first slot, and a Careful Nature since your Atk is getting enough boosting up anyway via Curse. Especially when you have Milk Drink in there, you want a lot of staying power out of something with only two attacking moves.

Regice @ Life Orb
• Ability: Clear Body
• Timid Nature
• EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 236 Spe
- Rock Polish
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Yeah I don't think that Electrode is a very appropriate target here since other than blowing up (and I doubt Regice could KO it before that anyway) it can't do much, but things like Aerodactyl will be a pain and Regice would probably appreciate the boost from Modest as it has no Charge Beam. Otherwise, I really like this idea. Surprised, like you, that it's not been covered yet.

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Wise Glasses / Leftovers
• Ability: Pressure
• Timid / Modest Nature
• EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
- Roost / Volt Switch
- HP Ice / HP Grass / HP Flying / HP Water
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt

Options. Irk. I'd say Ice for the reasons you have. Besides, the only Electric-resistant Water this generation iirc is Seismitoad which can't do a huge amount to Zappy. I'll leave Grass as a second option, though.

And on Garchomp, I'm pretty sure Rough Skin Garchomp hasn't been released yet. Regardless, I think the Choice Scarf set in the OP should be using Fire Blast or Dragon Claw over Fire Fang. Fire Fang is too weak without any sort of boost. Fire Blast even off Garchomp's inferior Special Attack will still hit pretty much everything Fire Fang would hit but harder. Dragon Claw is there for reliably killing opposing Dragon Types without having to get locked in for 2 to 3 turns (not to mention the Confusion afterwards) while still having Outrage available for a power move when needed. And on the Swords Dance set, Fire Fang gets better coverage than Rock Slide for Garchomp. Only levitating Steels resist his STABs and they resist Rock Slide too and Fire Fang hits all of them bar an Air Ballon carrying Heatran or any Fire neutral Steel Type carrying one Super Effectively and you would only be likely to encounter them in the Battle Subway (correct me if I'm wrong). While Fire Fang is weak, Swords Dance makes up for it.

Interesting. Agreed on the first part, but I'm hesitant with the whole Fire Fang > Rock Slide thing on SDChomp because of the fact that Fire Fang lacks a little power, but mainly because it lacks the ability to deal with a good number of Ice Types, which are normally what Rock Slide's intending to hit. Lapras, Dewgong and Walrien all spring to mind right now; Fire Fang can't take any of them on, but Rock Slide hits them for SE. Additionally some new things this generation, like Volcarona, are ruined right off the bat by Rock Slide. A boosted Bug Buzz from that thing is nothing to take lightly. I just think that Fire Fang is hitting some very valid targets, but that doesn't cover the number of things you lose out on.

Shall I edit it in as an option, or is there anything else you want to say about it?

Try to use a SubHiKick (The word is selfmade) on Scrafty.

Scrafty @ Leftovers/Wide Lens
Ability : Shed Skin
Adamant nature
EV's : Filler
-Subsitute
-Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch

It Sucks when Hi Jump Kick misses so a Wide Lens to boost Hi Jump to the max accuracy and the leftovers + brick break is more for the people who don't want the Wide Lens but do want max accuracy.

Very similar to the existing sets, and exact format please. =/

Whimsicott
• Prankster
• Modest/Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Cotton Guard/Toxic/Shadow Ball

randomn00b and I were actually discussing a Whimsicott a little while back that used something like Leech Seed / Light Screen / Sub / Cotton Guard, but this one's good too. I don't think it needs Shadow Ball in the last slot as all, and tbh it might be able to get away without Cotton Guard if it has the Leftovers and optimised EVs. Irritatingly, the Defence EV calculator I normally use has mysteriously vanished, but I think a good starting point would be 236 HP. I'll think about the rest later.

We need a good mixed Eelektross set.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Quiet / Brave | Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower / Grass Knot
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

That's fine, I'll edit it in, but please try using the format next time.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
Yeah I don't think that Electrode is a very appropriate target here since other than blowing up (and I doubt Regice could KO it before that anyway) it can't do much, but things like Aerodactyl will be a pain and Regice would probably appreciate the boost from Modest as it has no Charge Beam. Otherwise, I really like this idea. Surprised, like you, that it's not been covered yet.

Good point. Paralysis is another thing to consider as I have had them paralyze me an annoying amount of times but aside from that it and anything faster than Regice even after a Rock Polish can't really do anything to hurt Regice much anyway so I guess the Modest spread should be enough.

Interesting. Agreed on the first part, but I'm hesitant with the whole Fire Fang > Rock Slide thing on SDChomp because of the fact that Fire Fang lacks a little power, but mainly because it lacks the ability to deal with a good number of Ice Types, which are normally what Rock Slide's intending to hit. Lapras, Dewgong and Walrien all spring to mind right now; Fire Fang can't take any of them on, but Rock Slide hits them for SE. Additionally some new things this generation, like Volcarona, are ruined right off the bat by Rock Slide. A boosted Bug Buzz from that thing is nothing to take lightly. I just think that Fire Fang is hitting some very valid targets, but that doesn't cover the number of things you lose out on.

Shall I edit it in as an option, or is there anything else you want to say about it?

Those mentioned Ice types take as much from a STAB Earthquake as they do a Super Effective Rock Slide. The only things that resists Garchomp's STAB moves are levitating Steel types and Skarmory. All of which bar Air Ballon Heatran and other Air Ballon carrying Steels that are neutral to Fire are the only ones not hit hard or in Heatran's case at all by Fire Fang or any of his STAB moves. Everything else is going to die horribly or be taking a heavy hit from either of his Swords Dance boosted STAB moves. Still sometimes having that stronger hit on certain things like Volcarona is handy so I'd have them both as third attack options.

Last edited:
I feel guilty making a first post here without having a set. Oh well. But there's no Salamence?

Salamence @ Life Orb
• Intimidate
• Jolly Nature
• 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Fire Fang

Dragon Dancer. Should be standard I guess.

Salamence @ Life Orb
• Intimidate
• Naive Nature
• 128 Atk/252 SpA/130 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

Mixed Set. A little unsure on the EV's.

Salamence @ Leftovers/Dragon Fang
• Intimidate
• Jolly Nature
• 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost/Earthquake
- Outrage/Dragon Claw

Battle Frontier set. I guess it's a bit worse because of TrickScarf being nerfed, but I digress. Not sure about the item.

Also under Stoutland you put that it has Earthquake. It cannot learn Earthquake.

Pokemon Ace

Dragon Master
Hi, I'm looking for some advice for two movesets I'm currently considering.

Crustle @ White Herb
• Sturdy
• Jolly
• EVs 252 Spd/252 Atk/6 HP
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Milotic @ Leftovers
• Marvel Scale
• Modest
• EVs 252 Sp Atk/252 Sp Def/6 HP
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis
- Recover

My main areas which I'm debating over are Crustle's ability and Milotic's moves; would Dragon Pulse be a better option than Hypnosis on a set like this?

Final

I Submit to No One
I feel guilty making a first post here without having a set. Oh well. But there's no Salamence?

Salamence @ Life Orb
• Intimidate
• Jolly Nature
• 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Fire Fang

Dragon Dancer. Should be standard I guess.

For strictly in-game, Dragon Claw should be fine as STAB. In the last spot, Fire Blast will usually do more damage than Fire Fang to the more physically Defensive steels even after a Dragon Dance and even with a Jolly Nature. That is unless you plan on getting multiple Dragon Dances before sweeping.

Salamence @ Life Orb
• Intimidate
• Naive Nature
28 Atk / 228 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

Mixed Set. A little unsure on the EV's.

I would stick to max Speed so Salamence can at worst tie with opposing base 100s. The given Attack and Special Attack EVs equalize Mence's Attack and Special Attack stats while leaving it with max Speed. Also, Flamethrower is a possible option over Fire Blast for accuracy. Really there's a lot of different possible spreads that can work for MixMence.

Salamence @ Leftovers/Dragon Fang
• Intimidate
• Jolly Nature
• 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost/Earthquake
- Outrage/Dragon Claw

Battle Frontier set. I guess it's a bit worse because of TrickScarf being nerfed, but I digress. Not sure about the item.

This one I'm not sure on with the EVs. A bit of Speed might help. Everything else seems good.

Last edited:

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
I'm so happy Bugsy didn't know about Eviolites...

Scyther @ Eviolite
• Technician
• Jolly
• 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite / Roost / Quick Attack

Scyther is a beast, don't pretend like you didn't know. SD and AE are obvious, Brick Break because Flying + Fighting is an excellent combo. Bug Bite and Roost could be considered, but in case you don't have access to a 4th Gen game, Quick Attaack is useful enough as well.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Alex said:
Heh, sort of like an alternative Vaporeon? I like it, although why Lava Plume which iirc has a higher burn chance than Flamethrower and is therefore more likely to interfere with Toxic? Or is Double Status your intention? Whatever the case, added.

Except Flareon resists both Grass and Ice, is immune to Fire and the burn condition, and can use Lava Plume to cause burns on Pokemon that are immune to Toxic. I believe that answers the Lava Plume question as well, but meh. Flamethrower could get slashed in there too, I guess.

Alex said:
Why 244 Spe? But yes there's not much else it can do irritatingly.

Outspeeds +Natured Base 120's at +1. And no Flare Blitz makes me RAEG.

Alex said:
Really I prefer running this;

• Milotic @ Leftovers
• Marvel Scale
• Calm Nature
• 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
- Rest
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

But they both play pretty differently and your set is also ok for a more offensive approach although I would move those SpDef EVs into HP in that case. Both can work so I'll add them both, I guess? More options is always good.

Run 252 Hp / 44 Def / 212 SpD Bold. That balances its defenses at 338 Def and 339 SpD when Marvel Scale is active, iirc. Also, why Toxic? IMO that should only be on the set if you're using Recover over RestTalk. Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam instead, please.

Also, on all defensive Miltank sets, EVs need revising. Max Hp first, please. Just because Miltank has a high Hp stat to begin with doesn't mean that maxing it is the wrong move. If not, at least aim for 385 Hp, which is the highest Lefties +1 point Miltank can reach.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Except Flareon resists both Grass and Ice, is immune to Fire and the burn condition, and can use Lava Plume to cause burns on Pokemon that are immune to Toxic. I believe that answers the Lava Plume question as well, but meh. Flamethrower could get slashed in there too, I guess.

That could work. Slashed.

Outspeeds +Natured Base 120's at +1. And no Flare Blitz makes me RAEG.

so much raeg

Run 252 Hp / 44 Def / 212 SpD Bold. That balances its defenses at 338 Def and 339 SpD when Marvel Scale is active, iirc. Also, why Toxic? IMO that should only be on the set if you're using Recover over RestTalk. Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam instead, please.

You sure? I just ran a quick calc and no amount of SpDef investment can match 0 EV / Neutral defence when asleep, unless Marvel Scale multiplies by 1.5x rather than 2x.

So you think a set like

Milotic @ Leftovers
• Calm Nature
• Marvel Scale
• 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe (asuming I calc'd it right. :x)
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

?

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Alex said:
You sure? I just ran a quick calc and no amount of SpDef investment can match 0 EV / Neutral defence when asleep, unless Marvel Scale multiplies by 1.5x rather than 2x.

So you think a set like

• Milotic @ Leftovers
• Calm Nature
• Marvel Scale
• 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe (asuming I calc'd it right. :x)
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

?

It's 1.5x. Check Milotic's SerebiiDex entry under the Ability heading. And yeah, I'm sure.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Could someone give me a full mixed attacking set for a Hardy Salamence, I have given it 252 speed EV's

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
@Eon/TBR: Is there any specific reason why Scald isn't on there? On a set with no SpA investment or Toxic, I see no reason why Scald isn't at least slashed with Surf.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Could someone give me a full mixed attacking set for a Hardy Salamence, I have given it 252 speed EV's

Hardy isn't a great nature, but here goes:

Salamence @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
• Intimidate
• Naive Nature
• 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Outrage/Fire Blast

This is the one I use in-game with great effect. You are getting
quite outstanding coverage with all you attacks, albeit with low
PP. If that bothers you, you can opt for Flamethrower>Fire Blast.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I'm looking for a good nature and moveset for a Wailord and a Thundurus, please?

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I'm looking for a good nature and moveset for a Wailord and a Thundurus, please?

Best nature: Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Thunder Bolt
-HP Ice
-Taunt

I like this set the best; set up w/ nasty plot, disable walls like Blissey with Taunt, and proceed to sweep with T-Bolt and HP Ice. Timid for MOAR speed :p

Wailord? I can't suggest a good moveset right now for it.

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
Need help with a Dragon Dance Moxie Sweeper.

Scrafty @ (What should i put here?)
• Moxie
• Nature Adamant
• EVs 252 Attack, 126 (?) Defence, 126 (?) Sp Defence
Drain Punch
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Hi Jump Kick

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
gI have a recently-caught deino I wanted to make use of for the battle subway. I wanted to make it a mixed-sweeper to take advantage of u-turn while being able to sweep specially.

I haven't even started training on my deino though, but fortunately, now I can ev train it. But I'm not sure what are the EVs to give to my hydreigon. So here is the moveset I'm planning so far:

Hydreigon @ White Herb (If applicable)
• Leviatate
• Hasty
• Planned EVs: 4 Att, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- U-turn

I wanted to maximise its sp.att and speed to make it like a special sweeper, but that would make it's attack power less effective. Does anyone know how to ev spread a pokemon, especially those to be used in a Lv.50 battles?

Draco Meteor is there for awesome sweping power. It's holding white herb to use the former twice. Fire Blast makes great coverage that's only blocked by heatran. I haven't seen in the serebii's battle subway trainer lists, but at least I have prepared my other pokemon's ground move as a countermeasure. I chose fire blast over flamethrower because if its raw power. But is it an overkill, and flamethrower's just enough? I made hydreigon a mixed sweeper to take advantage of crunch. Since my hydreigon cannot learn dark pulse since it is an egg move, I chose its physical counterpart. And U-turn is to let my other pokemon to sweep.

Last edited:

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
@TwightGallade - Wailord <3333

Wailord @ Leftovers
• Oblivious
• Careful
• I don't know EVs so correct me if I am wrong (252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk)
- Curse
- Avalanche
- Waterfall
- Bounce / Return

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
gI have a recently-caught deino I wanted to make use of for the battle subway. I wanted to make it a mixed-sweeper to take advantage of u-turn while being able to sweep specially.

I haven't even started training on my deino though, but fortunately, now I can ev train it. But I'm not sure what are the EVs to give to my hydreigon. So here is the moveset I'm planning so far:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
• Leviatate
• Hasty
• Planned EVs: 4 Att, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Surf

I wanted to maximise its sp.att and speed to make it like a special sweeper, but that would make it's attack power less effective. Does anyone know how to ev spread a pokemon, especially those to be used in a Lv.50 battles?

Draco Meteor is there for awesome sweping power. It's holding white herb to use the former twice. Fire Blast makes great coverage that's only blocked by heatran. I haven't seen in the serebii's battle subway trainer lists, but at least I have prepared my other pokemon's ground move as a countermeasure. I chose fire blast over flamethrower because if its raw power. But is it an overkill, and flamethrower's just enough? I made hydreigon a mixed sweeper to take advantage of crunch. Since my hydreigon cannot learn dark pulse since it is an egg move, I chose its physical counterpart. And U-turn is to let my other pokemon to sweep.

Life Orb will probably be better as the hold item. By using White Herb for your hold item, you're losing a lot of power at the cost of getting an additional use with Draco Meteor. Speaking of Draco Meteor, using Dragon Pulse over it will provide more staying power as you'll only want to switch if absolutely necessary given the unpredictability of the AI since one wrong move can cut your winning steak short. Speaking of switching, Surf may be better over U-Turn as scouting and whatnot is less useful in the Battle Subway. Surf rounds out Hydreigon's type coverage hitting Heatran for Super Effective damage and in general provides excellent type coverage. He'll probably appear in later rounds in the Super Single part of the Battle Subway as legendaries (not the Uber or event ones like Reshiram or Victini) start appearing after the first few lots of trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.