• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck trying to pick a good lead between Mamoswine and Drapion any input on a good lead set would be great as well as which one you guys think would run better with a team consisting of Emboar, Sceptile, Zoroark, Palkia, and Braviary. Thanks. I've been trying to decided for the last two days, they both seem so cool.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I'm stuck trying to pick a good lead between Mamoswine and Drapion any input on a good lead set would be great as well as which one you guys think would run better with a team consisting of Emboar, Sceptile, Zoroark, Palkia, and Braviary. Thanks. I've been trying to decided for the last two days, they both seem so cool.

Considering your team, Mamoswine would probably be better a choice than Drapion. Mamoswine has MAMMOTH (no pun intended) attack, and is pretty bulky too.

Consider this:
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Using this set, you can probably surely score a cheap kill. It resists Sandstorm and Hail, so that's not a problem for Mamo here. Set up SR. If they attack you with a OHKO, Focus Sash makes you survive. Endeavor them, then Ice Shard on the next turn. EQ just there incase they don't and is a form of powerful STAB.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Or Superpower over Rock Slide if you can get it, since the coverage with Rock Slide is redundant atm.

Huspoel

Originally Posted by Final
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
• Leviatate
• Hasty
• Planned EVs: 4 Att, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

The set is really good, but Dark Pulse is better -.- (Changes are in Bold)

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
The set is really good, but Dark Pulse is better -.- (Changes are in Bold)

I know that. The guy I suggested the set for stated Dark Pulse wasn't an option.

Huspoel

Oh sorry, didn't knew that.

Aurath8

Anyone have any ideas on how to use a Brave Victini? goodfernothing brother misunderstood sibling caught Victini and saved.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
• Arbok @ Choice Scarf
• Ability Intimidate
• Nature Jolly
• EVs 252 speed/ 252 att/ 4hp
- Switcheroo
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

This is the best arbok ive ever made, ive made like 4 Legit Beasts, and this is my final version. it whoops arse.

Alex048

Master of the Mind
I've narrowed it down to two sets, but I still don't know which would be better overall. Any ideas?

Special Attacker Lilligant with Miracle Seed
• Own Tempo
• Modest Nature
• 60 HP / 252 SpAtk / 196 Spe
- Petal Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

or

Slow and Steady Lilligant @ Leftovers
• Own Tempo
• Modest Nature
• 60 HP / 252 SpAtk / 196 Spe
- Petal Dance or Giga Drain(?)
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Teeter Dance

@ NidokingJ: That Arbok looks like a sexy beast.

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
NidokingJ said:
• Arbok @ Choice Scarf
• Ability Intimidate
• Nature Jolly
• EVs 252 speed/ 252 att/ 4hp
- Switcheroo
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

This is the best arbok ive ever made, ive made like 4 Legit Beasts, and this is my final version. it whoops arse

A) Why Choice Scarf Jolly? Hell, why Choice Scarf at all? CB is much, much better on Arbok, especially with Intimidate.

B) Choiced Sucker Punch is an absolute failure, unless it's on something like Absol, who explicitly gets a very powerful STAB move from it.

C) Sucker Punch on a Choice Scarf set is redundant. Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, or Crunch, pl0x.

No offense, but if that was your best Arbok, I'd hate to see your worst >_>

I personally prefer the Coil set for in-game, really.

• Arbok @ Leftovers
• Ability: Intimidate
• Nature: Careful
• EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Gunk Shot
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake / Sucker Punch
- Coil

Bulky, thanks to Intimidate, Leftovers, Coil's boosts, and the EV investment. The SpD can be switched to Attack if you prefer the power, but the bulk is really the point of the set. This also works fairly well with ShedRest or Glare.

Last edited:

Riuer

A) Why Choice Scarf Jolly? Hell, why Choice Scarf at all? CB is much, much better on Arbok, especially with Intimidate.

B) Choiced Sucker Punch is an absolute failure, unless it's on something like Absol, who explicitly gets a very powerful STAB move from it.

C) Sucker Punch on a Choice Scarf set is redundant. Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, or Crunch, pl0x.

No offense, but if that was your best Arbok, I'd hate to see your worst >_>

Switcheroo/Trick Choice Scarf has always had a few merits to it. I'm not quite sure why you passed it off so quickly. Sure, Arbok isn't really going to net a whole lot of KOs without a few coil uses under his belt, but it could still prove to be quite a surprise factor when he jumps in and neuters a tank or something that the opponent would certainly feel better off not having a choice scarf on. Without a move tutor Gen Vs are kind of shallow on any kind of trick/switcheroo sets.

It is certainly more of a gimmicky set, but I see no real problems with it. Gunk Shot for stab, Earthquake for more coverage and Sucker Punch for weak psychics and surprise priority.

cantab

Anyone have any ideas on how to use a Brave Victini? goodfernothing brother misunderstood sibling caught Victini and saved.
I'm assuming it doesn't have V-Create. It's really gonna be outclassed by any Brave Victini that does I'm afraid. But maybe a supporter set, with stuff like Light Screen, Trick Room or Sunny Day if your team benefits from it, TWave, Toxic, Swagger, an attack if you're worried about Taunt. That way at least it's not outclassed by V-Create Victini, since you'd want Supporter Victini to keep coming back in and so not want V-Create's defence drops.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Riuer said:
Switcheroo/Trick Choice Scarf has always had a few merits to it. I'm not quite sure why you passed it off so quickly.

I'm fully aware that TrickScarf is a very viable strategy, I've broken 400 in the Platinum Battle Tower with a TrickScarf team. However, in regular in-game, not competitive or Battle Subway / tower / whatever, TrickScarf looses a lot of its usability.

Sure, Arbok isn't really going to net a whole lot of KOs without a few coil uses under his belt, but it could still prove to be quite a surprise factor when he jumps in and neuters a tank or something that the opponent would certainly feel better off not having a choice scarf on.

You mean the AI opponents that you won't be getting the Scarf back from? And who you can beat without using a roundabout method like TrickScarf? How are you going to "surprise" a computer program? I don't see the point for in-game, which is what this thread is for.

Without a move tutor Gen Vs are kind of shallow on any kind of trick/switcheroo sets.

Gunk Shot / Crunch / EQ / Elemental Fang or Poison Jab works just as well.

It is certainly more of a gimmicky set, but I see no real problems with it. Gunk Shot for stab, Earthquake for more coverage and Sucker Punch for weak psychics and surprise priority.

Did you even read my post? Sucker Punch while Choiced is a terrible idea, and it's redundant with the Choice Scarf. And also, Arbok lacks power. It's fast enough, but not powerful enough to run a Scarf set. Seviper could probably manage with two Base 100 offensive stats, but Arbok's Base 85 Attack is pitiful without any sort of boosting. If you weren't going for bulk or power, you're better off using something else. In addition, with Switcheroo being a one-time deal that doesn't really do all that much, Arbok loses out on one of the only things that would make a Choice Scarf set viable for him. Stick to Choice Band, Coil, or Neurotoxin (ToxicGlare dual status) sets for Arbok, leave Choice Scarf revenge kills to something more capable of pulling them off.

Riuer

I'm fully aware that TrickScarf is a very viable strategy, I've broken 400 in the Platinum Battle Tower with a TrickScarf team. However, in regular in-game, not competitive or Battle Subway / tower / whatever, TrickScarf looses a lot of its usability.

You mean the AI opponents that you won't be getting the Scarf back from? And who you can beat without using a roundabout method like TrickScarf? How are you going to "surprise" a computer program? I don't see the point for in-game, which is what this thread is for.

This should have been your go to explanation. What you said first came off as rather... unhelpful, and felt more like you were just trying to denounce the uses of sucker punch overall without explaining WHY it was really bad outside of battle subway/competitive play.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
I have two sets of Musharna and I wanted to see if they would work. Please critque.

Musharna @ Leftovers
•Synchronize
•Calm
•As usual I need the EV help(252 HP/ 252 SpD / 4 SpA or 4 Def)
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock / Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball / Toxic

Calm Mind Musharna, Psyshock / Psychic for STAB, Shadow Ball for coverage and for the last slot, either Energy Ball for more coverage or Toxic for status.

Dual Screens Musharna @ Leftovers
•Synchronize
•Calm
•Same as previous set I need the EV help (252 Def/ 252 SpD / 4 HP)
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psyshock / Psychic
-Shadow Ball / Toxic / Moonlight

Dual Screens to boost team's defense, Psyshock / Psychic for STAB and for the last slot, Moonlight to heal, Toxic for status or Shadow Ball for coverage.

Last edited:

Aurath8

I'm assuming it doesn't have V-Create. It's really gonna be outclassed by any Brave Victini that does I'm afraid. But maybe a supporter set, with stuff like Light Screen, Trick Room or Sunny Day if your team benefits from it, TWave, Toxic, Swagger, an attack if you're worried about Taunt. That way at least it's not outclassed by V-Create Victini, since you'd want Supporter Victini to keep coming back in and so not want V-Create's defence drops.

The team doesn't benefit from TR and Reuniclus is better at TR anyway. Generally, Victini is outclassed in support. It doesn't get anything to set it apart from others apart from its typing and defences. And I dont have V-Create. Uggh...
Victini@Choice Scarf
Brave/Victory Star
-Flare Blitz
-Zen Headbutt/Brick Break
-Wild Charge
-U-turn

Looking past the speed drop, I still have a raised Atk and Victini's physical movepool to work with. Zen Headbutt is another STAB(100% accuracy thanks to Victory Star) but Fire/Fighting gets good coverage if you dont count all those legendaries and most of the remainig types are hit SE by Wild Charge.
Beyond this all I can think of is a Flame Charge set.

Pokemon Ace

Dragon Master
Looking for some advice on this Gengar moveset:

Gengar @ Wise Glasses
• Levitate
• Timid
• 252 Sp Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Venoshock

Is the above moveset viable? My main concerns are the lack of 4 entirely separate attacks (Shadow Ball and Psychic are an obvious must, but will the Toxic/Venoshock combination work?) and the item - does Gengar benefit from any other item?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Toxic + Venoshock is not a good combo with Gengar. There's a superior set in the OP. Did you not like that one?

Pokemon Ace

Dragon Master
That moveset drops Psychic - ony of Gengar's most powerful moves. Thunderbolt/Energy Ball may be a good option, but those moves don't exploit Gengar's part-poison typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.