• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^Ahh, right, Wild Charge. I'll edit that in.

And I know that for Aggron, but what else are you going to use? There's not a lot in its arsenal once you take away 4th Gen move tutor and TM moves. I guess Rock Slide for PP issues could work.

Final

I Submit to No One
^Ahh, right, Wild Charge. I'll edit that in.

And I know that for Aggron, but what else are you going to use? There's not a lot in its arsenal once you take away 4th Gen move tutor and TM moves. I guess Rock Slide for PP issues could work.

I suppose. Oh and doesn't it learn Double-Edge via Level up? I think that would outclass Return given it has more base power (18 more which may not be significant but whatever) and won't cause recoil damage. Rock Slide shouldn't be too bad either given the fact Aggron can easily get great type coverage between a few moves so it's probably not a bad idea. Hell, I use Sacred Sword on my Choice Scarf Terrakion alongside Close Combat for mostly the same reason.

Palkia98

I am currently perfecting my Tyranitar, and i am wondering if there are any improvments i can make:

Tyranitar
Relaxed
Sand Stream
@leftovers
EV's 4 SPD/252 HP/ 252 ATK
Moves:
EQ
Stone Edge
Ice fang
Crunch

Last edited:

Diaglio

Adamant will only increase Shuckle's attack by about 5 points. Not worth it at all. Might as well put it into one of the defences where the difference is ten times greater.

5 points Shuckle needs. You can invest the EVs in Atk and Hp and a defense.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
^That's not true, seeing as how you're using Power Split. In order to maximize the gain from that move, you'd need to have your Atk be as low as possible. So using Bold/Calm is actually better than using Adamant.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
5 points Shuckle needs. You can invest the EVs in Atk and Hp and a defense.

With Power Split you even want to LOWER your attack so you get more bonus from Power Split by lowering your opponent's attack more. 5 points do not make the difference, especially when you devide them in half in the end.

EDIT: I swear I posted this reply an hour ago.

Diaglio

@Kerech and YOOMTAH

Ooooooh, I get it now. I should change that in my OP... thanks!

riccioppo

Gigalith @Leftovers
Adamant Nature/Sturdy Ability
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

How my future Gigalith moveset looks? :c

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Stealth Rock ingame is a big no. Curse instead, please. If not, run Rock Slide as a secondary STAB.

@Final: I'll edit that in when I'm not on my phone.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Because it's mostly a waste of a moveslot for in-game. Risidual damage is all well and good in Competitive battles (former #36 UU Leaderboard here), but in-game it's mostly better just to use attacks or setup moves.

In Gigalith's case, you'd be better off using Curse to increase your Attack and Defense stat, or have a secondary STAB move that you can fall back on when Stone Edge is depleted or the situation calls for something more accurate, especially since Explosion got nerfed compared to last gen.

Diaglio

I am currently perfecting my Tyranitar, and i am wondering if there are any improvments i can make:

Tyranitar
Relaxed
Sand Stream
@leftovers
Moves:
EQ
Stone Edge
Ice fang
Crunch

I'd recommend switching what you have for your Spd and Hp EVs. It's HP is decent, but the Spd isn't all that great.

Aurath8

Tyranitar
Relaxed
Sand Stream
@leftovers
Moves:
EQ
Stone Edge
Ice fang
Crunch

• Tyranitar @ Leftovers
• Sand Stream
• Relaxed
• 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spdef
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch/Aqua Tail/Crunch
- Curse

If you're stuck with a Relaxed nature then Curse is your best bet.
QuakeSlide gets great coverage as always.
If you can access 4th Gen Tutors than use Ice Punch/Aqua Tail. If you cant then use Crunch.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Payback over Crunch. Actually, Payback over Rock Slide. Why? Well, other than the more powerful/reliable STAB (thanks to Curse making you go second most of the time), Dark + Ground actually gets very good coverage (almost Dark + Fighting, just with different SE coverage). Rock Slide works in the third slot over where Crunch was. Though I'd personally go with Fire Punch over Ice Punch or Aqua Tail (hits several problem Pokemon like Heracross and Breloom harder, in addition to levitating / flying Steel-types).

Last edited:

\Mightyena/

Toxicroak @ (what item should I use?)
Jolly
Dry Skin

- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Toxic
- Cross Chop
I basically just use him as a last resort , he can sweep almost any trainers team in less than 2 minutes.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Life Orb as the item, throw on Swords Dance over Toxic. Toxicroak's too frail to abuse Toxic properly, and Swords Dance is quite a useful boost for him. Dry Skin helps him heal off Life Orb damage by switching into Water-type attacks.

Exeggutor needs some love. Especially considering that his current set is worthless due to Calm Mind not being a move he can actually learn.

• Exeggutor @ Leftovers
• Chlorophyll
• Adamant
• 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis / Sleep Powder / Low Kick / Leech Seed

WHY DOES THIS THING NOT GET EARTHQUAKE. Oh, and moveslots depend on personal preference. The last slot could be a lot of things, Stun Spore and Return being other potential moves.

• Exeggutor @ Life Orb
• Chlorophyll
• Rash
• 36 Hp / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic / Psyshock
- HP Fire / Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

All-out offensive. STAB Leaf Storm basically wrecks everything without a resist and lots of special defense. 220 Spe gets something... idk and idc what though. It's supposed to be 216 usually, but HP Fire lowers the Speed IV by one.

• Exeggutor @ Choice Scarf
• Chlorophyll
• Naive / Timid
• 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Sleep Powder
- Explosion / HP Fire

Not exactly the most brilliant scarfer ever, but it works. If you aren't running Explosion, Timid is the better choice, with the 12 EVs in SpD or Defense. 244 Spe gets Max Speed Base 105's. You could run Max if you're aiming for Liepard, but meh.

Last edited:

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
How about a poliwrath set? since this is ingame, id prefer not to use belly drum, but if its the best option i will.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
You're probably best off with Bulk Up, since Poliwrath is one of the bulkiest fighters.

This set makes most use from Poliwrath's survivability.

• Poliwrath @ Leftovers
• Water Absorb
• 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def, Careful
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Brick Break / Circle Throw
- Rock Slide

Waterfall and Brick Break are both good STAB attacks, and Rock Slide gives you very nice coverage with Brick Break. You might want to go for Circle Throw over Brick Break to get rid of set up Pokémon, but this is more useful competitively.

iloveinfernape

Amoonguss :591: @ Miracle Seed (Poison Barb?)
• Ability: Effect Spore-Contact may poison or cause paralysis or sleep.
• Nature: Naughty
• EVs: I'd like to give him a good Def and Sp Def?

- Sweet Scent
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Synthesis

Foongi (NN) will be my team's Support pokemon-will this be good?

The Head Honchkrow

Idea for Mixed Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
• Levitate
• Naive
• EVs (Not sure)
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Payback
- U-Turn

Suggestions?

~The Head Honchkrow~