• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyacinth

100% coverage isn't essential however its always good to plan for situations however Darmanitan should be able to sweep like hell with the sun up. And as you said Shiftry can sweep on its own too. Your main weakness will still be rock types but you can deal with this now and not be swept away.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Life Orb or Leftovers.

Vandslaux

100% coverage isn't essential however its always good to plan for situations however Darmanitan should be able to sweep like hell with the sun up. And as you said Shiftry can sweep on its own too. Your main weakness will still be rock types but you can deal with this now and not be swept away.

SolarBeam their weaker SDef stat?(Obviously, if I get Gigalith into Custap activation range and I can't kill it with Sucker Punch, it means trouble.)

And I meant to GromBloodBoy about the SE coverage.

Last edited:
I will go with the Life Orb for Chandelure. And I know that having SE on every type is not necessary, but it makes sure I don't get surprised by a type that I can't handle. Also, if I run into a Pokemon with high defenses and/or regen powers, I am going to want to drop him quick, and a OSKO will be very helpful.

Coogrr

Here is a good moveset for Gallade that I use to beat three out of four of the League. Trainers every time:

• Gallade @ expert belt
• Jolly Nature
• Steadfast
• 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- X-scisor
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat

Aurath8

Here is a good moveset for Gallade that I use to beat three out of four of the League. Trainers every time:

• Gallade @ expert belt
• Jolly Nature
• Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak/Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat

Shadow Sneak/Night Slash goes great with Close Combat while still taking out ghosts and psychic types. Use Shadow Sneak of you can breed and want priority or use Nighht Slash for power.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Woo HaxGallade set

Gallade @ Scope Lens
Adamant / Steadfast
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Focus Energy / Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Cross Chop
- Night Slash

critcritcrit

Vandslaux

Woo HaxGallade set

Gallade @ Scope Lens
Adamant / Steadfast
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Focus Energy / Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Cross Chop
- Night Slash

critcritcrit

I'm fairly sure Gallade doesn't get Cross Chop.. If anything, Leaf Blade or CC. (They come out to the same power, crit LB is the same as non-crit STAB CC..) Also, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def. Really, base 50 Speed doesn't outspeed a whole lot.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I need a little advice on my Zebstrika's moves. But I'm not going to breed for a new one though. I don't EV train.

Zebstrika @ none
Naughty | Motor Drive
-Stomp
-Flame Charge
-Wild Charge
-Discharge

I do plan to give it Overheat when I get the TM. I have not beat E4 yet but I just advice for just him for now.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I'm fairly sure Gallade doesn't get Cross Chop.. If anything, Leaf Blade or CC. (They come out to the same power, crit LB is the same as non-crit STAB CC..) Also, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def. Really, base 50 Speed doesn't outspeed a whole lot.

Base 80 speed, genius. :3

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Naughty / Motor Drive
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power (if it's a good type)

I need some advice for my Serperior. I'm out of ideas of what to give it. :/ Also I'm not breeding a new one and I don't EV train.

Serperior @ none
Overgrow | Modest
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail (was given to him recently, but I don't know...)
-Leech Seed

Also what item should I give it?

3dxbox

I'm wondering which Darmanitan is better;

• Darmanitan @ Life Orb
• Encourage
• Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break / U-Turn

OR

• Darmanitan @ Life Orb
• Encourage
• Adamant Nature
• 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Superpower
- U-Turn

Encourage is the same as Sheer force right..? Since thats his only ability besides Zen mode.

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
I'm wondering which Darmanitan is better;

• Darmanitan @ Life Orb
• Encourage
• Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break / U-Turn

OR

• Darmanitan @ Life Orb
• Encourage
• Adamant Nature
• 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Superpower
- U-Turn

Encourage is the same as Sheer force right..? Since thats his only ability besides Zen mode.

The second one would be better (though they're both the same if you use U-Turn on the second one). If you use Earthquake you don't need Brick Break because they provide similar coverage. Earthquake and Superpower are both good in the third slot, use the one that your team needs more.

Yes, Encourage is the same as Sheer Force.

3dxbox

Thanks, my Darmantarian now looks like this;

Darmantarian @ Life orb
Sheer force
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Flare blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock slide

The problem is that I don't have anyone with EQ on my team, which is pretty much a must (?)

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
Thanks, my Darmantarian now looks like this;

Darmantarian @ Life orb
Sheer force
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Flare blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock slide

The problem is that I don't have anyone with EQ on my team, which is pretty much a must (?)

I used Earthquake on my Darmanitan and it works great (It's a scarf version). If your team lacks Earthquake it's probably better than Superpower (especially if you have fighting moves elsewhere). I mainly disliked the stat drops and already had Superpower on my Scizor, plus I had no reliable way to hit electric types. Use which move your team needs more (which sounds like Earthquake).

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Togekiss
Modest(?)
serene grace
Evs: I don't know yet need help with that
Nasty Plot
Thunder wave
Air slash
Aura sphere

and

Togekiss
Adamant(?)
hustle
Evs : same as above
Thunder wave
Return
fly(?)/Aerial ace(?)
Wish

Last edited:

Roxas013

Pirate King
i jus evolved my Boldore and it looks lik this:

Gigalith@ Quick Claw
Adamant
sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 6 Sdef
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Sandstorm
i wantd 2 change stealth rock into Explosion because im goin 2 use it in the singles train. my problem is my 2 other singles pokemon arent helpd by sandstorm really. any moveset suggestions?

rocky505

i jus evolved my Boldore and it looks lik this:

Gigalith@ Quick Claw
Adamant
sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 6 Sdef
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Sandstorm
i wantd 2 change stealth rock into Explosion because im goin 2 use it in the singles train. my problem is my 2 other singles pokemon arent helpd by sandstorm really. any moveset suggestions?
Curse is probably your best bet but it requires breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.