• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Can't change a badly natured pokemon? It can breed. Also,

Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
Focus Blast
Air Slash
Earthquake

I'd suggest Mild or Rash.

yh but this guy is lv100 :) and i still think i want dragon pulse as it can no longer learn it via tm. so why focus blast????

Vandslaux

Charizard gets Dragon Pulse from breeding. Just saying, but the Axew line can pass down Dragon Pulse, Outrage, and Dragon Dance.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Yes... but u dont understand. i dont want to breed charizard. if i get rid of dragon pulse thats it its gone,theres no coming back as its not a tm and it doesnt learn it from lv up!

plus its lv100 and i dont want to train a charmander for 2 years as thats the amount of time it took me to lv up charizard!

now please tell me, why is focus blast so good?

Vandslaux

Flying/Fighting is only resisted by Emolga, Zapdos, Thundurus, and Rotom-F.

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Can someone help me with my Reuniclus?
I plan to use him with Tyranitar and Landorus for my Sandstorm Battle Haxway team.

Reuniclus @ ???? Probably Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, some investment into Def, some into SpAtk, some SpDef
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Bold to increase his Defense as she will most likely to switch into Fighting type attacks. Calm Mind to boost the already high SpAtk and SpDef at the same time. Recover to heal after Calm Minds. Psychic/shock for STAB. Shadow Ball is for other psychics or Energy Ball for water types that threaten the other two.

hyacinth

can anyone help with this clefable set for the battle tower. As a note this clefable will be also having a quiver dance baton passed to it.

;036; ;036; ;036;
Clefable @Leftovers
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/ Def 252/ SpDef 4
-Cosmic Power
-Wish
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Focus blast: 120 base power, covers most rock pokemon and heatran, takes advantage of charizard's monster special attack stat.

Reuniclus: Its ability should be magic guard, as it is superior to overcoat. Energy ball covers all gen 5 water pokemon not named swanna or ducklett. Water pokemon will be your biggest threat period, obviously. Shadow ball won't do much to anything except a jellicent w/o bulk. Other psychics and ghosts will be covered by your t-tar. Psychic or psyshock...that seems like a toss-up between what you're worried about more, jellicent (high special defense) or alomomola (high defense). Otherwise, I'm scared of that thing...it seems mean.

Swampert: Since it's offensive...you're missing the adamant nature. Change those 252 def into 252 spd or 252 HP and change the 4 HP into spd or don't change it. That's one nice swampert!

Clefable: You've got a defensive clefable but an offensive move set. If you need to, give it toxic+protect to make it a toxic staller and an offensive move to avoid becoming taunt bait. Also a nice pokemon!

Last edited:

Casteform

Aspiring Strategist
Well, here goes:

Altaria@(power herb or white herb?)
Bold (+Def, -Atk), Ev's: unknown
Draco Meteor
Sky Attack
Cotton Guard
Flamethrower

Yeah, looking at it now Draco Meteor AND Flamethrower is a horrible idea, and cotton guard, while being awesome, doesnt really have a purpose here...
I know that altaria has awesome capabilities as a tank, obviously, with toxic and cotton guard it can be a threat, but i cant help but exploit its two strongest moves... I need a desicion, can anyone help?
(BTW, i trained this before i knew all that much about EV's and just what wouldve been the optimal nature, so i know it already stinks, but can it be saved?)

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Draco meteor + flamethrower hits everything for neutral damage not named heatran. Sky attack is the one thing that I'd change...it's a physical attack that wastes a turn once your herb is gone when the attack itself is used. Replace it with another special attack, like ice beam. Also, if you don't plan to use draco meteor more than twice while altaria's in or a place other than the battle subway, teach it dragon pulse instead and give it a different item like wiseglasses to power up special moves.

The bold nature isn't bad, as the second highest base stat altaria has is defense (first being special defense, the optimal natures for which would be calm or careful). You're luckier than you think, my friend.

Last edited:

Casteform

Aspiring Strategist
Draco meteor + flamethrower hits everything for neutral damage not named heatran. Sky attack is the one thing that I'd change...it's a physical attack that wastes a turn once your herb is gone when the attack itself is used. Replace it with another special attack, like ice beam. Also, if you don't plan to use draco meteor more than twice while altaria's in or a place other than the battle subway, teach it dragon pulse instead and give it a different item like wiseglasses to power up special moves.

The bold nature isn't bad, as the second highest base stat altaria has is defense (first being special defense, the optimal natures for which would be calm or careful). You're luckier than you think, my friend.

Wow. Id hate to get rid of sky attack, but i guess youre right. And It also makes sense to go for all special attacks, cuz of its nature...But yea, i hate to say it, but if im going for all special attacks id have to get rid of draco meteor, only cuz once i use it all my OTHER attacks would be weakened...
Well, thanks, youve helped me a lot!

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ Just so you know, Ice Beam would give you pretty redundant
coverage with STAB dragon attacks and a fire attack. I feel like
you'd get more use out of a set like:

Altaria @ Wise Glasses
Bold Nature
*Natural Cure*
~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Hidden Power [Ground/Water]/Roost/Cotton Guard

Fire/Dragon give you outstanding coverage, as previously
mentioned, Dragon Pulse gives you an alternate STAB in case
you don't want to drop your SpA and the last slot is mainly
filler due to a shallow movepool. Your choice of HP gives you
a way to deal with Heatran, Roost is an egg move but can keep
you healthy and Cotton Guard give you more walling capability.

hyacinth

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability:Own Tempo
Evs 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef
~ Yawn
~ Slack Off
~ Scald
~ Psychic

this is a slowking i plan to use in the battle subway
note that this slowking will be gaining Quiver Dance Baton Pass so sharply increase SpD, SpAtt and SpDef!! Please give advice

[GS]

Staring at my phone
If he's receiving Quiver Dances, you may as well use this:

Slowking @ Life Orb
Timid/Modest Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
*Own Tempo*
~ Slack Off
~ Surf/Scald
~ Flamethrower
~ Psychic/Ice Beam

Slack Off heals any LO damage, Surf or Scald are reliable STAB
attacks, Flamethrower deals with grass types and the last slot is
a toss-up between an alternate STAB and the added SE coverage
of Ice Beam.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
His speed is pretty crappy, so you may as well invest in it to
make as much use of those boosts as possible. There's really
no point to be passing to him unless you're going to try to
outspeed things as well. I'm not saying he can't use the SpA
boosts, but the speed can make him more of a threat.

TBQH, Slowbro could make more use of a passed Quiver Dance
in the long run due to his superior Def, as Quiver Dance also
boosts SpD, but that's just a preference.

Palkia98

Torterra@leftovers
Relaxed
Overgrow
252hp/252df/4atk
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Leech Seed
~Leaf Storm/Wood Hammer/Razor Leaf

This is an ingame set so im not currently familiar with EV's sp if they arent that good i do apologize but i have been using this set for a while and it works quite well.

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Torterra@leftovers
Relaxed
Overgrow
252hp/252df/4atk
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Leech Seed

This is an ingame set so im not currently familiar with EV's sp if they arent that good i do apologize but i have been using this set for a while and it works quite well.

I'd give that thing curse, but not over leech seed. That will give it bulk and attack. Also, being a physical attack pokemon, wood hammer is its best option (razor leaf is weak, and wood hammer is more than 2* stronger than it if I'm not mistaken). Shuckle may know EV spreads better than I do...so all I can say is that maybe change the spread to 252 atk and 4 hp. EDIT: It's ok if you don't know that much about EVs, it'll take time to learn all the wisdom Serebii and his forums has to offer...I hope you don't mind my suggestion.

As for an item, give it leftovers or big root (to receive more HP from leech seed).

Last edited:

Aurath8

Torterra@leftovers
Relaxed
Overgrow
252hp/252df/4atk
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Leech Seed

Torterra@Leftovers
Impish
Overgrow
252Hp/252Spdef/4Atk
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Leech Seed
~Seed Bomb

I'm assuming this is trying to tank with the recovery from Leech Seed and Leftovers. If so you'll trying to stay in as long as possible which means Stone Edge is out thanks to PP issues.
All three Grass moves have a problem with them . Leaf Storm doesn't agree with tanking and Torterra's Spatk is awful. Wood Hammer causes recoil which also conflicts with tanking. Razor Leaf just plain sucks power-wise. Seed Bomb coincidentally fixes these problems.
Since you're not using your Spatk, Impish is better than Relaxed. Spdef EVs for a bit mixed bulk to round things up.

TheMaster327

Hi, can I request a moveset for a Timid Blastoise? It has Water Spout as an Egg Move... IV spread is 31/0,1/20,21/6/15/17. Shoddy Attack and Sp. Attack, but may run it more defensively... Hidden Power is Grass, just so you know... Don't want to rebreed it, it's shiny!

Thanks!

Last edited:

hyacinth

for the above slowking i'm going to change to slowbro with this set
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
200 SpA/252 Spe/56 HP
*Own Tempo*
~ Slack Off
~ Scald
~ Psychic
~Here I wanted a stalling move maybe Thunderwave or Yawn