• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Unless I get a Leech Seed in I don't don't the point in keeping it in if it's been taunted.

Yes, that's correct, the only thing you have to fear is switching into a status move or a move that's super effective on the pokemon being switched in. Sorry to be a pessimist, but if your remaining team has been defeated, facing a taunter with your last pokemon that lacks an attacking move really, really stinks.

However, it's your servine, not mine. You can add any move you want to it, just as long as you are satisfied with the results it puts out :).

Palkia98

I am trying out this Blastoise set:

Blastoise@leftovers
Bold
252hp/252def/4spatk
~Surf
~Toxic
~Protect
~Ice beam

This is my very first EV trained pokemon, so i decided to take it from the POTW, surf for STAB and reliabitlity, toxic for added damage, protect stalls for toxic, and ice beam for grass types.

Aurath8

I am trying out this Blastoise set:

Blastoise@leftovers
Bold
252hp/252def/4spatk
~Surf
~Toxic
~Protect
~Ice beam

This is my very first EV trained pokemon, so i decided to take it from the POTW, surf for STAB and reliabitlity, toxic for added damage, protect stalls for toxic, and ice beam for grass types.

Use a Calm nature to raise your Spdef as your already raising your Defence with the EVs. Other than that, it's great.

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
What would be the best ev's to train a Claydol in?

it's planed moveset is

Calm mind

Earth power

Psychic

Rest

[GS]

Staring at my phone
For a CM set you may as well go with 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpA.
You shore up your Def to make sure you have ample
opportunity to boost.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Use a Calm nature to raise your Spdef as your already raising your Defence with the EVs. Other than that, it's great.

Actually, the nature boost is larger on an EV trained stat, so you should focus on one stat and not split the Nature and EVs (barring special cases like Specially Defensive Blissey).

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
Garchomp @ Brightpowder
• Sand Veil
• Jolly
• EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Double Team
- Swords Dance

hyacinth

I would use Substitutes and not double team if you do do this then you need to have 4 Evs in Defence as explained in POTW because if you have it in HP it allows only 3 Substitutes to be made. IMO i would use outrage over Dragon Claw mainly due to the sheer power but with a sword dance you shouldn't have much trouble either way.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Double team is nice...if you get a whole lot set up and have sandstorm. From what I've heard, it's looked down upon in competitive play. In-game, it's a slow stall tactic if you've used toxic on something beforehand. Otherwise, you may want another offensive move like stone edge to deal with pesky ice types and any flying type that switches into an EQ. I think it's on one of Reno's sets, too. Dragon claw is great if you intend to use it in-game, while outrage fits a competitive set. Item-wise, if you're staying in-game with it, brightpowder is ok, just don't forget about the game's hax and about the muscle band, life orb, and expert belt. Competitively, go with the life orb.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
I need EV help for an in game (Maybe competitive) Reuniclus, its flawless and relaxed natured. (+def -speed). and so far has 252 sp.atk EV's
Its running:
Calm Mind
Psychoshock
Shadow Ball
Recover

I want to split the remaining 258 Ev's between Defence and HP, does anyone know the most effective way to do it please? Thanks!

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Pikachu @ Light Ball
• Static
• Naive
• 252 speed, 108 Atk, 148 Sp. Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Fly
- Brick Break

Raichu @ Leftovers
• Static
• Naive
• 252 Speed, 128 Atk, 128 Sp. Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Fly
- Brick Break

I've decided to go ahead and use the Flying Pikachu from the event as my main flyer. I'll EV a Pikachu and a Raichu so I can have access to both. The EVs balance out the stats as much as possible (Pikachu's Sp. Atk will have one point more than the Atk). I was wondering if these sets were good or if I should use something else.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
I think they're ok. Definitely an in-game set for each. Maybe give raichu a magnet to somewhat make up for light ball, but that's about it.

Aurath8

^^iirc Flying Pikachu is illegal this gen as pokemon with HMs can't be transferred. The Light Ball is also illegal as they can't be transferred with items either.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
So, you'd be best going with Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Focus Blast(Raichu)/Thunder Wave.

PokemonNewbie

Medium Power Trainer
Ferrothorn Help

Ferrothorn is the last pokemon in my party.
I just received a ferrothorn egg from my brother, and it just hatched. It currently has:
Nature: Calm
Moves: Stealth Rock
Tackle
Harden

What ev's should i use and what moves should go in?

Thanks.

PokemonNewbie

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^^iirc Flying Pikachu is illegal this gen as pokemon with HMs can't be transferred. The Light Ball is also illegal as they can't be transferred with items either.

the ANA Event Pikachu has Fly, and the ELT Event Sing Pikachu holds Light Ball.

So yeah, Fly Pikachu with Light Ball is possible to be obtained legally in 5th Gen.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Just thought I'd do this since I'm that bored right now... no, this doesn't mean that I'm back...

For those of us who aren't fortunate enough to have a Drought Ninetales or don't have the patience to find one...

Ninetales @ Leftovers
• Flash Fire
• Timid Nature
• 72 Hp / 216 SpA / 220 Spe
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- HP Rock / Extrasensory / Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Bulky Nasty Plot Ninetales. This set allows for some decent bulk on Ninetales' part (enough to avoid 2HKO's from most in-game Water-types' Surf attacks with Leftovers recovery), while maintaining an excellent Special Attack stat and enough speed to outpace +Natured Base 95's.

Flamethrower and Fire Blast are both acceptable moves... Fire Blast for power, Flamethrower for longevity, la de dah. Energy Ball is absolutely crucial with this set for coverage against all of Ninetales' weaknesses. HP Rock is good for dealing with Dragon/Flying Pokemon and opposing Fire-types that would otherwise wall Ninetales. Extrasensory and Dark Pulse are if you're too lazy for Hidden Power... bleeding wastes of space, honestly, a STAB Fire Blast will almost always hit harder than both. If you have to ask about Nasty Plot, you need to learn a thing or two about Pokemon.

Also, before some idiot starts screaming "YOU STOLE THIS FROM SMOGON COPIER AND COMPETITIVE SETS ARE NO GOOD FOR INGAME!" be aware of a few things.

1.) I wrote Ninetales' 4th Gen Analysis on Smogon. Not to mention that such sets are for anyone's use and thus it doesn't really matter anyway.

2.) This set has all the components of a decent in-game set. In fact, I find that this works better than straight-up Nasty Plot because of the increased survivability.

ONE LAST THING: Add this EV spread to the Drought Ninetales set as well, or just make an alternate set for bulky Drought Ninetales. It works even better under sunny weather.

Last edited:

Dragontamer1011

Replacing Scizor with Lucario for my team of Dragonite and Vulcarona for the Battle Subway, but I'm not sure what set would be best...

Scizors was:

Scizor- @Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Superpower

Lucario will be:

Lucario- @Life Orb
Jolly
Inner Focus
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
-Agility
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

Agility to outrun everyone then Sweep.

-OR-

Lucario- @Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus
252 Atk/ 200 Hp/ 52 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed/ Bullet Punch
-Crunch/ Shadow Claw

Same idea, just use Swords Dance and then Extreme Speed unless its unaffected.

Aurath8

Lucario doesn't have enough power for an Agility set. Besides, that would be a waste of ExtremeSpeed.

• Lucario @ Leftovers
• Steadfast
• Adamant Nature
• 40 Hp / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- High Jump Kick/Close Combat
- Crunch

ExtremeSpeed > Bullet Punch as ExtremeSpeed has more power except against Steels and Rocks(for which you should be using you're fighting STAB anyway). Speaking of STAB, you have a choice here. High Jump Kick has an edge on power, PP and doesn't lower you're stats but if you miss at the wrong time it could end your streak. Close Combat is weaker, compromises defence and has less PP but it does have 100% accuracy. To save you checking, HJK and Crunch is legal - Scrafty gets them both through levelup.
Crunch > Shadow Claw for power and a nice defence dropping side-effect too.
As for EVs, the Speed gets you past neutral-natured base 85's. Max Atk with the rest put in speed. If you want you can an extra 24 Speed EVs to outspeed neutral Excadrill. While speed on a priority user seeems pointless, there will be times when ExtremeSpeed isn't enough and you'll have to use you're fighting STAB.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Change your ability to steadfast for both so that you'll be benefiting from the flinch hax.

I personally like both. I'll edit your adamant idea since the jolly one is all set. Still go with 252 atk/252 spd/4 hp. Extremespeed would be your best priority move, as it gets a higher priority over bullet punch, not to mention that it's even more powerful than STAB bullet punch (bp 90 compared to bp+STAB 60). Shadow claw over crunch so you get near perfect coverage with close combat.

Note: lucario does have access to EQ. Don't be afraid to toss that in somewhere.

Also, you could look into a special lucario.

-Lucario @ LO
-Nature: timid/modest
-252 spd/252 sp atk/4 hp
-agility/nasty plot (respectively)
-aura sphere
-psychic/dragon pulse/dark pulse/shadow ball/flash cannon
-psychic/dragon pulse/dark pulse/shadow ball/flash cannon
Ok, so this is why lucario is so great. Agility ups your speed, nasty plot raises your special attack. It is, by far, the best user of STAB aura sphere...bp 90, never misses--best move to use against double team spammers. Your last moves are for what you're scared of most. Psychic is for other fighters who want to spam you and the special defense drop. Dark pulse gives you a flinch hax as well as coverage of psychics and ghosts. Dragon pulse does neutral damage on everything but steels (*.5) and dragons (*2). Shadow ball is there for perfect coverage with fighting, more coverage on ghosts and psychics. Flash cannon gets STAB but is hurt by its type, steel...but fighting covers everything steel can super effectively, and then some; also gets a special defense drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.