• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kal2400

The evolutionofchaos
Haxorus @ leftovers
Nature:Impish/Careful
Trait: Mold Breaker
Evs: 252Hp/4atk/252SpD
-Outrage
-Earthquake/Brick Break
-Swords Dance/Taunt
-Dragon Dance

A very bulky DD user this guy becomes capable of taking 2 timid life orbed Gengar's shadow Ball even with Stealth rock up, use it mid-game when most of his counters are gone and watch him win you the battle hes purely a wrecking machine and this just proves it. Use this set only if you want to experiment with a sup-par super powered Dragon that is very bulky. This set is very far from the standard Dragon Dance set and focuses on trying to do a double dance set to wreck long time not short time.

thekorean

Potential Mienshao I am trying to get
Jolly Nature
Regenerator
??? I need an item, Leftover would be useless, Life Orb? Yea I guess that would do since Regenerator would heal it after U turn,

U Turn
Hi Jump Kick
Bounce
Fake Out?

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
potential mienshao i am trying to get
jolly nature
regenerator
life orb i need an item, leftover would be useless, life orb? Yea i guess that would do since regenerator would heal it after u turn,
4hp 252att 252spd
u turn
hi jump kick
rock slide
fake out
this is my set, without prober iv breeding attack is 313 and speed is 333 or the other way around :s, it's good, but bounce is no use, a 2 turn attack where they can switch to resist it. Fake out for 10% of hp then u-turn for either another 20% or to fully heal. Either way 3 attacks and a switch keep you on tip top fighting condition.

charmanders!

Dragontamer1011

So, I just happened to discover Seismotoad couldn't learn Swords Dance after training my entire team. I thought maybe he'd turn out alright, but his damage is quite pathetic, and I'm not sure what I should replace him with...

Current Team: Politoad Lead/ Seismotoad Second Lead/ Dragonite Revenge Killer/ Raikou Revenge Killer + Backup Rain Dancer

Kabutops- Jolly- @Leftovers
Swift Swim- 252 Atk/ 148 Spe/ 72 Hp/ 30 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Super Power
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide/ Stone Edge

My first choice and the one I like the most. He has enough speed so that I can give him some bulk, as 148 doubled outspeeds the entire Subway. The only problem is he adds a few weaknesses such as another Electric weakness as well as a Ground and Fighting weakness. All of this I have the ability to counter, but it can cause trouble. Stone Edge is good for power, but the decrease in accuracy might not be worth the damage...

Another idea I had is Kingdra:

Kingdra- Modest- Life Orb
Swift Swim- 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Iron Head

What isn't already outsped by Kingdra right off the bat is outsped after a single Dragon Dance. Problem is, there are pokemon that can wall Kingdra due to a lack of physical coverage, but at least Waterfall will help Outrages lack of damage vs Steel Types. Iron Head was just thrown in there because I have no clue what else could even be used.

DW Armaldo would be my last idea, but he is weak to Water which Rain boosts, not the best idea.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So, I just happened to discover Seismotoad couldn't learn Swords Dance after training my entire team. I thought maybe he'd turn out alright, but his damage is quite pathetic, and I'm not sure what I should replace him with...

Current Team: Politoad Lead/ Seismotoad Second Lead/ Dragonite Revenge Killer/ Raikou Revenge Killer + Backup Rain Dancer

Kabutops- Jolly- @Leftovers
Swift Swim- 252 Atk/ 148 Spe/ 72 Hp/ 30 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet/Return/X-Scissor
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide/ Stone Edge

Useless using Superpower on a Swords Dance set, as it undoes his SD stat boosts.

Aqua Jet can be used to pick off pokemon that are carrying a priority you fear (Mach Punch/Vaccuum Wave comes to mind), though Return can be used to get some more coverage. X-Scissor in case you fear Grass types, though a lot of Grass types have a secondary type neutralizing the Bug weakness, such as Grass/Steel, Grass/Flying, Grass/Poison, and Grass/Bug, the latter two being very common typing.

My first choice and the one I like the most. He has enough speed so that I can give him some bulk, as 148 doubled outspeeds the entire Subway. The only problem is he adds a few weaknesses such as another Electric weakness as well as a Ground and Fighting weakness. All of this I have the ability to counter, but it can cause trouble. Stone Edge is good for power, but the decrease in accuracy might not be worth the damage...

Another idea I had is Kingdra:

Kingdra- Adamant- Life Orb
Swift Swim- 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Return/Rest/Substitute

With the exception of Ice types, which he doesn't fear anyway, Iron Head provides useless coverage (with the exception of a better flinching rate than Waterfall, 30% > 10% IIRC).

Use Return for more coverage, Rest to heal off Life Orb damage, or Sub to better set up DD (though you're asking for trouble with that combo)

If you run Rest, you could use a Chesto Berry. DD until low on health, wake up instantly, and start outspeeding and smashing pokes with boosted Waterfall.

What isn't already outsped by Kingdra right off the bat is outsped after a single Dragon Dance. Problem is, there are pokemon that can wall Kingdra due to a lack of physical coverage, but at least Waterfall will help Outrages lack of damage vs Steel Types. Iron Head was just thrown in there because I have no clue what else could even be used.

1. Waterfall does more damage to Steel types than Iron Head will ever do.
2. The only pokemon Kingdra cannot hit for at least neutral damage with those two moves are Ferrothorn (who he shouldn't even TRY to take down, unless in desperation), and Empoleon, which cannot hit Kingdra back SE, and Kingdra resists both of its STAB moves (Water 1/4x, Steel 1/2x)

DW Armaldo would be my last idea, but he is weak to Water which Rain boosts, not the best idea.

Armaldo isn't weak to Water, he takes neutral damage from it (2x Rock weakness and 1/2x Water resistance cancel each other out, making it 1x, normal damage)

Comments in bold.

Last edited:

Dragontamer1011

Comments in bold.

Kabutops- I don't think Aqua Jet would be useful at all really, but I did completely forget about X-Scissor. Also, I changed Encore on my Politoad to Focus Blast, so I guess I can afford for Kabutops to lose the fighting move. If I seem to have problems in that area I can always use Brick Break instead. Makes me happy that I won't have to go back to 4th Gen for Superpower though, lol.

Kingdra- Ah, that makes sense. I did think about using rest but he seemed bulky enough that it seemed like a waste. Rest also gets rid of Status as well, so if Kabutops doesn't work out I might do this...

Armaldo- Your thinking of Cradily, Armaldo is Bug and Rock. Bug is neutral and Rock is 2x when taking a water attack.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Armaldo- Your thinking of Cradily, Armaldo is Bug and Rock. Bug is neutral and Rock is 2x when taking a water attack.

I was actually thinking of Armaldo with Kabutops typing, Swift Swim got me confused for a second -__-

Dragontamer1011

Roxas013

Pirate King
im starting a new game so what would a good nature for my Tepig. i was going for Adamant but its final evolved form wont learn Flare Blitz till probably post game. so maybe a speed reducing nature? so i can run a mixed set?suggestions?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
im starting a new game so what would a good nature for my Tepig. i was going for Adamant but its final evolved form wont learn Flare Blitz till probably post game. so maybe a speed reducing nature? so i can run a mixed set?suggestions?

Brave should suffice then.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

You should really always avoid speed reducing natures unless you're trying to make your speed as low as possible, eg for a TR or Gyro Ball set.

It's defences are pretty equal, but I'd probably go with a -Def nature given most water-type attacks are generally special. Thus I'd probably opt for either Lonely (+Atk / -Def) or Mild (+SpA / -Def).

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Victini @Fire Gem
• Victory Star
• Nature: I need help
• EV I need help
- V Create
- Fusion Bolt
- Fusion Flare
- Searing Shot

(yup its tips for event victini)

Give it jolly or adamant nature (-sp attack, +speed and attack respectively) and keep v create and fusion bolt. I suggest then giving it brick break and zen headbut. Brick break will give coverage on ground/rock types (which would otherwise destroy you) and zen headbut is just stab. Put in something else if you feel you don have enough coverage.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You should really always avoid speed reducing natures unless you're trying to make your speed as low as possible, eg for a TR or Gyro Ball set.

It's defences are pretty equal, but I'd probably go with a -Def nature given most water-type attacks are generally special. Thus I'd probably opt for either Lonely (+Atk / -Def) or Mild (+SpA / -Def).

Well Emboar isn't eactly fast either, 65 base speed isn't exactly ideal.

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Give it jolly or adamant nature (-sp attack, +speed and attack respectively) and keep v create and fusion bolt. I suggest then giving it brick break and zen headbut. Brick break will give coverage on ground/rock types (which would otherwise destroy you) and zen headbut is just stab. Put in something else if you feel you don have enough coverage.

Could I not use any TMs? I really hate using em... and I don't have any heart scale for zen headbutt

-Nator-

Darmanitan
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 254 Attack, 254 Speed, 2 HP
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
1. Flare Blitz
2. U-turn
3. Rock Slide
4. Superpower

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Darmanitan
Nature: Hasty
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
1. Flare Blitz
2. U-turn
3. Rock Slide
4. Superpower

With that moveset I think u should get it an expert belt instead

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Darmanitan
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
1. Flare Blitz
2. U-turn
3. Earthquake
4. Brick Break

Use Life Orb solely because Life Orb + Sheer Force + Flare Blitz = No recoil. Earthquake because his 140 base Attack is begging for it, and Brick Break over Superpower because lowering his Defense is dangerous, not exactly bulky.

-Nator-

Use Life Orb solely because Life Orb + Sheer Force + Flare Blitz = No recoil. Earthquake because his 140 base Attack is begging for it, and Brick Break over Superpower because lowering his Defense is dangerous, not exactly bulky.
Sheer Force with Flare Blitz gets rid of the 10% chance of burning the foe, it doesn't get rid of the recoil. Plus with the Choice Band, I can user Superpower twice in a row with the first hit being 50% above base power then the second being standard base. A Life Orb would mean even more recoil.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Sheer Force with Flare Blitz gets rid of the 10% chance of burning the foe, it doesn't get rid of the recoil. Plus with the Choice Band, I can user Superpower twice in a row with the first hit being 50% above base power then the second being standard base. A Life Orb would mean even more recoil.

Direct quote from Bulbapedia's article concerning the ability Sheer Force

If (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, it will no longer trigger effects that activate after attacking. This includes the effects of Eject Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card, as well as the Ability Color Change. If an item has two effects, only the effect(s) that activate after attacking will be negated. Therefore, if a Pokémon holds a Life Orb, it will gain the passive damage boost (because it is not activated after the attack) but the recoil effect afterward will be ignored

And seconded with a direct quote from Smogon's analysis of Darmanitan

Sheer Force's ability to cancel out Life Orb recoil on Flare Blitz

Lawyer'd

Status
Not open for further replies.