• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Sugimori Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure

back.
Approved Face-Off

Welcome to the New Ken Sugimori Art Face-Off! Here, we will be facing off art of Ken Sugimori, longtime graphic artist for the Pokemon games and anime. He has worked with Satoshi Tajiri from the beginning of Pokemon. He has singlehandedly designed the first 251 pokemon and, as such, has "official" art of them. This art you may see on various websites and certain trading cards. With the release of the FireRed and LeafGreen games, he redid his Kanto art. We will decide if the old or new is better! Which pokemon did he put more effort into? Which pokemon did he put his least effort into? All will be answered in the Sugimori Face-Off.

Rules:
1. Follow SPPf forum rules.
2. Refer to this post for the current round, scores, etc.
3. Have fun. :)

Current Round:

Nominated Pokemon:
Starmie
Blastoise
Venonat
Charizard
Ivysaur
Wigglytuff
Arcanine
Articuno
Nidoran?
Ninetales

Moving on:
New Pikachu (def. Old Pikachu 5-3)
Old Farfetch'd (def. New Farfetch'd 5-4)
New Charmeleon (def. Old Charmeleon 8-3)
Old Mewtwo (def. New Mewtwo 5-3)
Old Staryu (def. New Staryu 6-2)
New Meowth (def. Old Meowth 5-4)
New Clefairy (def. Old Clefairy 7-2)
New Starmie (def. Old Starmie 5-2)
Old Blastoise (def. New Blastoise 10-4)
New Venonat (def. Old Venonat 10-6)
Old Charizard (def. New Charizard 10-6)
Old Ivysaur (def. New Ivysaur 10-6)
Old Wigglytuff (def. New Wigglytuff 10-7)
Old Arcanine (def. New Arcanine 10-2)
New Articuno (def. Old Articuno 10-2)
New NidoranM (def. Old Nidoran 11-8 [10-6])

We are currently facing off:
038.png
vs.
038.png

Last edited:

Pure

back.
It's because it was only approved just now! The mods sent it through very recently, though I created it last night.

Pikachu nomination Accepted.

Pure

back.
Alright! 3 nominations down, 5 to go!

Charmeleon and Farfetch'd nominations accepted.

hobohunter

eh how about Mewtwo

Pure

back.
Alright. We have eight pokemon nominated.

All nomination accepted. I will proceed with the round. It will be a series of voting rounds. I will have initially eight matches between old/new Sugimori art for nominated pokemon. I have posted the current round with the updated first post. begin voting. First to 5 wins.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Old Pikachu.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
New pikachu, it's not fat, the colours are better and it looks a whole lot cuter. It's thinner body matches the attacks it learns aswell, could you see the old version using quick attack? Let alone running at all :s.

Konosuke

I am Erureido
the new one. Its sooo much cuter, sleeker, an....it just looks so damn happy to not be fat again! ^^

Pure

back.
And currently New Pikachu leads. Remember that voting is once per day per round.

New ;025;: 3
Old ;025;: 2

Status
Not open for further replies.