• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The new Team Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally kinda miss the team rocket that we've grown accustomed to. Sure they will gain alot of the respect/fear that they had in the first season but now all the silly charms of team rocket are missing...
Pros: -more serious -cool costumes -new goal (they aren't there to capture pikachu, but that won't stop them from trying)
Cons: -too serious -traditional quirkyness is lacking -great pokémon are missing (wobbufet)

(a little off-topic here, but i think James is going to get the trash pokémon!)

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
when i see a random team rocket front-assault on the twerps,ill become completly satisfied with the bw saga.
i do also hope that this new serious thing isnt preventing them to actually bond with their pokemon,cause if they get random captures that dont include any emotions att all,isshu will become boring.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
when i see a random team rocket front-assault on the twerps,ill become completly satisfied with the bw saga.
i do also hope that this new serious thing isnt preventing them to actually bond with their pokemon,cause if they get random captures that dont include any emotions att all,isshu will become boring.

what do you mean by a random team rocket front assault?

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
It seems like Team Rocket now has a set goal (don't know exactly what, as I can't understand foreign), and capturing Pikachu is just a bonus for them.

I think it's funny how they could fit an entire can of paint in a suitcase though.

Since the contests are gone, I was afraid TR would be more boring than they already were. I'm glad they became serious in BW.

I just wish James got his battler by now. Maybe we will have an episode where they try to evolve their Pokemon... Like the one in Kanto. Remember how Ekans & Koffing evolved? That was... cool, imo. ;P

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
i really hope james doesnt end up with another pokemon that hugs with thornes or tries to eat him. i mean really what are the chances of him finding and befriending another pokemon like that. that said if he does end up with one like that, it would be really great for there to be some training going into make sure that pokemon does not always do that.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
james wealth coming into play would be pretty nice thats for sure

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
to paipr_christian:
you wondered what a random tr front assault is,so here ya go:
when tr just attacks,send out their pokemon/new gadget with no forshadowing.just watch the beginning of episode 585 (the noodle episode and youll know what i mean).

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
thats what i thought you meant super noob. but yeah, i think it could sorta ruin the flow of the team rocket randomly went back to there old ways, at least not to often.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
they each got 3 pokeballs in a starter pack so does that mean they will each have 3 pokemon if so what will they have

Zack

i still dun get it why TR's previous Pokemons were left behind? and where... in TR's HQ? In the first place... they are kinda shorted handed on strong Pokemons in their team hence wouldn't it makes more sense for them to carry on with their current team and catch more Pokemons in the new region? The only reason i can think off is the writers wana make them more serious hence Wobbuffet and other cutie humourous Pokemons may affect their new image... though Serviper n Yammega were pretty tough too...

Chimchar15

i still dun get it why TR's previous Pokemons were left behind? and where... in TR's HQ? In the first place... they are kinda shorted handed on strong Pokemons in their team hence wouldn't it makes more sense for them to carry on with their current team and catch more Pokemons in the new region? The only reason i can think off is the writers wana make them more serious hence Wobbuffet and other cutie humourous Pokemons may affect their new image... though Serviper n Yammega were pretty tough too...

It was already explained. Giovanni didn't want them to use the old Pokemon because in those Pokemon aren't native to the Isshu region and they would attract a lot of attention to themselves.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
As long as their new persona has some more ridiculous plots, I'll be fine. I liked them in the Battle Club episode, they were professional, but still a bit comedic and unprofessional. The Meowth as Umbreon, and then shocking the guys with his speech was a decent idea, and if they can build that up some more, it could be a great mix.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
well its been a while since we used this so i thought id bring it back so we could update with what team rocket has been up too. in case i didnt mention this i dont speak japanese so if anyone can fill in what is said that be great.

so far
-rocket has new suits, and only meowth and the bat for pokemon.
-we know they talk with giovanni pretty often, several times i think episodes have ended with this conversation.
-they have had at least a few different brief cases, and resently have had one dropped of from a mysterious person dressed just like them
-also it seems that they are not the only team rocket members there as the person mention above, as well as the waiter from earlier in the same episode.
-we have seen them use better tech that previously used, some of which was being used to collect dream smoke (if im not mistaken doesnt plasma try something like that in the game?)

so i think i got most of it besides the what was said, anyone able to fill in that as well?

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Koromori beating Ash's bird(I forget her name). Team Rocket has never beaten anyone in a fight before. I like the new TR

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Koromori beating Ash's bird(I forget her name). Team Rocket has never beaten anyone in a fight before. I like the new TR

Status
Not open for further replies.