• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The new Team Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
I don't think we can accurately judge the new TR (especially only eight episodes in) until we see what the show is going to do with them. See, before, they were comic relief. In the background and only needed to do what they needed to do. Here, however, they are clearly being set up for something the same way Iris is. The thing is that we don't know what that is. It's something different than how we usually approach these sorts of things in the Pokemon anime. So I think this is a wait-and-see approach for this Team Rocket.

But, just to stay on topic, the minute Kojirou busted out the smoke bomb, I fell in love with the new TRio.

Jagged

I kinda miss the old TR. This is mainly because their humour was part of their character, and to see them so serious in this series actually did a number on me. I'll admit that the added seriousness makes them a bit better, but to see them not "blast off again" is kinda sad :(

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
The only reason I'm not sad nor missing their "blasting off" or their comic relief is cause...I mean, really, we've had that for over 600 episodes. If I really wanted to see that after this change, I would just go watch those. I really wasn't sure if I wanted to get back into the anime and I was prepared to drop it if I saw that their seriousness was just a one episode thing, but like, it wasn't and a combination of the new TRio, Mijumaru and Iris/Dento's voice actors are what keep me watching

But then again, this is coming from someone who just tolerates them now.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
i think we can all agree any time there is change some like it and some dont. that all being said,

does anyone know what giovanni has told the TRio (great way to say it) specially in the last few episodes?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I have mixed feelings. I like the new evil Team Rocket, but I miss their humourous one-liners.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I find a serious and an actual threat of TR, has its ups and downs. Sure we all have become accustomed to TR showing up, failing constantly, then being blasted away. It becomes annoying, but you start to miss it once it's gone. I've always wanted TR to take a step up, show Giovanni, and become a threat. So I do have high expectations for TR, as soon as James owns a single pokemon.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
TR? serious? i have two opinions on this.

1) It isn't going to last long. they were always the comic relief in the show. DP took it wayyy too far, i mean after watching them in DP, i found them as a joke. they were like characters only to use to take 5 seconds break before we return to the main trio of the show. and the blasting off just got more and more and more irritating. so them serious? nearly as serious as the great Team Galatice arc in DP is very hard for me to believe.

2) On the positive side, i have to admit that the writers finally made them a serious criminal group. after 15 years of trying to catch one mouse did the writers give them more criminal attitude. although they have their few silly moments, buts its nothing compared to the last seasons pokemon had to offer. and also im looking forward in their little plan. so me taking TR serious might take a long time, but i must admit, they sure have gone interesting to me again after a long time of blasting off everytime they got hit with thunderbolt.

gliscor&yanmega

I like them even more then I did before(And I liked them a lot before). They have a much more serious role now, but at the same time they haven't completely lost all comedic affect. I still find them funny from time to time, some of it being the oddness of the drastic change, other being stuff with how Meowth was painted as a Umberon and just walked away like he was a plain old Meowth. I find them perfect now.

Status
Not open for further replies.