• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Next Best Thing

Snorby

Snorby
I'll vote for Clone's Subroost set.

Last edited:

ger9119

Voting for Kit's rain dance set

MMS's Agility+WP set because it can often be hard to set up more than one DD and the power from Weakness Policy is more than enough offensive boosts

Hmmm...

My Subroost set Gers /Sub/ Shuffler set. Being able to keep DNite around puts a lot of pressure on your opponent.

Damn fairies...

rosso

DEAD ACCOUNT
I'm gonna go with ger's shuffling set, pressure on teams is real - real as it gets.

ger wins this round with his Substitute Shuffling set! On to the next round...

This weeks subject shall be Landorus-Incarnate!

landorus.gif

Deadline to submit a set is Friday at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

ger9119

Landorous-I @ Earth Plate
Sand Force
Timid Nature
4 HP/ 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Sandstorm
Earth Power
Focus Blast/HP Rock
Psychic

This set abuses Lando's other ability and is heavy reliant on Sandstorm support and removal of flying types. With Sand Force/STAB/Ground Plate Earth Power will wreck pretty much most things, Focus blast is mainly used as coverage but HP Rock can be used aswell as it is boosted by Sand Force. Psychic is there for Mega Venu mainly. Sandstorm is used for but can be swapped for /Sludge Wave/HP Ice but that relies heavy on keeping Tar and Hippowdon alive.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Knock Off
-Rock Slide

This is a neat little lure set that I tried out a while back. The main innovation is the addition of Rock Slide, which actually helps with a surprising amount of Pokemon. Notably, it 2HKOs 4/0 Gyarados on the switch after Intimidate, which is great when they think they can just force you out or set up on you. It also hits Mandibuzz harder than HP Ice and without having to suffer LO recoil. Similarly, it hits Dragonite (especially CBBNite) nearly as hard as HP Ice while, again, avoiding LO recoil. With Rock Slide, Landorus can also be a fantastic check to Mega Charizard Y, who would otherwise tank pretty much anything Landorus could throw at it before KOing back. It even 2HKOs Zapdos more easily than Landorus's other moves. Knock Off adds to the lure aspect of the set by allowing Landorus to punish switch-ins such as Chansey, Latios, and Latias with the loss of an item and/or significant damage, if not an outright KO. The 56 Atk EVs are designed to ensure that offensive DD Dragonite always dies to Rock Slide after Stealth Rock, and it adds a little bit of punch against the aforementioned targets of both Rock Slide and Knock Off as well.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Landorus @ Choice Specs
Sheer Force
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
4 HP / 252 SpA / Spe
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Rock Slide
-Psychic

This set basically hits things pretty hard and I guess I use it as a wall-breaker , but it also has coverage against a few pokemon that can revenge kill landorus, however it must be on the switch for the most part. Regardless it'll hit most things hard. Each of its four moves get a boost from sheer force. For example, it hits jolly uninvested garchomp for 92.4 - 108.9% with earth power. so it has an 87.5% chance to OHKO after stealth rocks which i personally always carry on my teams. also i use rash nature because it makes lando hit much much harder but in turn i use this set with a tailwinder on my team, usually focus sash whimsicott as it can set up tail wind and encore a pokemon to safely bring lando in. Earth Power is it's main move in this set i wanna say as it hits a lot of things that don't resist it extremely hard. Focus Blast is for those ice types that try to come in on the switch, such as weavile and mamo. Psychic 2HKO's careful fully invested mega venusaur and roserade. Rock Slide is essentially used to take out charizard Y, talonflame, volcarona and the uncommon vivillon.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Landorus-I @ Smooth Rock/Life Orb
Sand Force
Lonely
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed
- Sandstorm/Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Smack Down

I'll be the first to admit this is a somewhat gimmicky set, but it helps Landorus deal with opposing Flying types especially well, and would be useful in a sand team. Sandstorm is there to start off Landorus's boost, or if you have other pokemon with Sandstorm or rely on Hippowdon or Tyranitar for their Sand Stream, you could replace it with Stealth Rock. Earthquake is Landorus's main attack, being boosted by both STAB and Sand Force up to double its normal power, with Smack Down acting as Landorus's Rock type attack. While Rock Slide and Stone Edge would be stronger, this set's focus is to counter common Defoggers such as Crobat and Skarmory by taking away their Flying typing with Smack Down, either forcing a switch or forcing them to take a super-effective Earthquake. This could also be useful on several pokemon with Levitate that might switch in expecting Landorus to EQ or Earth power right off the bat. HP Flying is added due to Landorus's unfortunate lack of a Flying physical attack (excluding Fly), and its only Steel attack, Iron Tail, has shaky enough accuracy not to be worth using. The purpose is both to allow Landorus to hit physical walls and to surprise a Chesnaught or Breloom trying to come in and absorb your other attacks.

If running Sandstorm, it could be wise to have Landorus hold a Smooth Rock to allow the sand to last longer, but otherwise you'll want to give him Life Orb for an added power boost (bringing EQ to 260 power in Sand, Smack Down to 87 power, and Hidden Power up to 117). Lonely nature sacrifices some of Landorus's physical Defense to allow it stronger EQs without giving up the power in its special move, but if you're confident that Hidden Power will kill what it needs to even with a hit to its power, Adamant could work as well.

The biggest downside to this set is that it relies heavily on Earthquake to deal damage. Hidden Power is only useful on things with high Defense that would otherwise resist Earthquake and Smack Down, particularly bulky Grasses like Chesnaught, Tangrowth, or Venusaur, and occasionally to power through bugs that aren't part Poison, Rock, Steel, or Flying (non-Mega Pinsir or Heracross in particular come to mind), and Smack Down is weak enough that it's really only useful to remove the opposing pokemon's immunity to Ground so you can threaten it with a powerful Earthquake or to hit something that's 4x weak to it that would otherwise resist EQ (which is essentially only Bug/Flying types). The other downside is that it's somewhat weaker without Sandstorm support, but Earthquake is still powerful without Sand Force boosting it, and Hidden Power is unaffected by Sand Force anyway.

Snorby

Snorby
Landorus @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
4 Sdef / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Earth Power
-Gravity
-Calm Mind
-Rock Polish/Focus Blast

Gravity Landorus-I, while somewhat gimmicky, is an incredibly fun way to punch holes in the opponents team, as 2 pokemon (Breloom an Pinsir) in the OU tier resists Earth Power after Gravity is up. (Granted, pokemon like Celebi and Chesnaught in UU do resist it, but they are fairly uncommon.) Calm Mind is on this set because after a Calm Mind, Landorus hits stupidly hard, and makes it pretty good at taking hits. For example:

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 320-376 (87.9 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 255-301 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 204-244 (63.7 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah. It OHKOs one of the best tanks in the game after a Calm Mind boost after stealth rock, and will survive the most powerful special nuke in OU from full health after the same Calm Mind boost. It doesn't even care about a x4 effective Hidden Power Ice from it's OU genie brother, Thundurus.

After a Calm Mind, there are only three things that really stand in Gravity Landorus-I's way: Pokemon faster than 301 speed, Powerful priority from things like Talonflame, Mamoswine and Azumarill, and Pink Blobs. Landorus has no way around powerful priority attacks, so the last moveslot goes to whichever of the other two you hate the most. One Rock Polish will allow Landorus-I to outspeed everything in the game slower than 252 Timid Scarf Electrode (Base 140 speed). Focus Blast (which will never miss under Gravity) 2HKOs standard Chansey at +1. Keep in mind Earth Power achieves this at +2, and Chansey is rather easy to set up on, so Rock Polish is generally preferred.

This Landorus' destructive potential is mind-boggling. Get the powerful priority users and the blobs out of the way, and that's pretty much the game right there if you can set up properly. The biggest flaw is that Gravity lasts only 5 turns, so if the opponent plays around it well enough, they can save a pokemon immune to Earth Power that can OHKO this Landorus, like Dragonite. (Dragonite is actually the only Pokemon in OU that can OHKO +2 speed +1 Special Defense Landorus with a commonly seen set before Landorus sets up Gravity and OHKOs in return bar priority users, and even there it needs a Choice Banded Outrage. Scary stuff!)

Last edited:
mms breloom resists it too :$

Landorus-I @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower / Knock Off / Explosion

Basically the standard Scarf Lando-T, but slightly weaker and a bit faster. This has two advantages over Lando-T: higher Speed and Sand Force. With its Speed, it's able to revenge kill prominent threats like +1 Jolly MCX and Scarfed Kyu-B that Therian form cannot effectively handle. U-turn gives it an advantage over ScarfChomp, its main competitor. With Sand Force, when paired with Tyranitar its EdgeQuake combo outdamages Garchomp and Landorus-T, so it has that going for it. The last slot is a bit of a toss-up depending on what your team needs, though I'd generally go for Knock Off.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 Spd / 36 Atk / 224 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Going to be straightforward when I say this isn't the most creative set out there, but it's one of the most effective possible that aren't insanely standard. This set packs just about as much power as the standard Lando-I. The point of this set is to do everything the standard Landorus is capable of as well as lure and kill Chansey. The EVs allow Chansey to be OHKO'd 100% with Knock Off + Superpower in consecutive turns and outspeed all base 100s. The only problem with this set is it struggles to deal with Skarmory now and has a harder time with Rotom-Wash.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Welp, no idea when voting is gonna end, but since the deadline has been past, I assume it's safe to put in our votes?

Either way, my vote is for The Imposter's Scarf set. I'm really surprised that his and mine are the only two with a physical focus. >_>

Will also vote for user The Imposter. nb at all.