• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The next pokemon game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think the next pokemon (handheld) game should be? we got jhoto-kanto, we got sinnoh, we got hoenn, and we have kanto. I think the next one should be of all the regions put together (the same idea that G/S/C uses), from kanto-jhoto-hoenn-sinnoh. Or that maybe a new region altogether, just not with new pokemon - i mean, really? how are you gunna top 500?

what are your thoughts?

-P.S I dunno if this is the right kinda place to post this thread. It was the closest thing I could find to the topic!

TomChomp

It really seems unreal that Nintendo could create any more Pokémon anymore but I don't know about a new region either. But the leader of Pokémon said that "Pokémon will be thriving for years to come"...

Dosen't sound like THAT could be accomplished!

Mewtw0

Teh aura is with me.
Well probarly they shoud really make the regieons clearer because i though they were differnt plantes but then maybe a new region with like... OMG got it random and rare primal pokemon

i do know at some point primal plakia's coming out however...
i had him on my wallpaper once

Combusken-94

I really like your idea to put all of the regions together - that would be awesome. And then even add another new region in at the beginning or end of the game. It's really unlikely to happen, though.

I'm just expecting the games to continue being the way that they are.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
handheld orre? with actual gyms?

Rannoyin

sing your story
I really like your idea to put all of the regions together - that would be awesome. And then even add another new region in at the beginning or end of the game. It's really unlikely to happen, though.

And thus the cycle continues.

Please don't make someone explain why this won't happen again. :[

There are rumors of a new handheld being created (at least, it seems like a company was hired to put their chip in it? I'm not sure of the entire story), so I don't expect a new generation until it's released, if there is one.

..I'm not really sure on what other spin off they could make for the DS, but it seems like there will be plenty of time to make one. If anything, I wouldn't mind it being different than the PMD or Ranger series for once.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
I think a remake of Gold & Silver would be a good idea.

But seriously, another region, with 100+ new Pokémon, as always.

I think a remake of Gold & Silver would be a good idea.

they'res heart gold and soul silver!

another handheld?? Thats stupid! they have a gameboy, gameboy advance, DS, and DSi. What more?

you'd think maybe since the DSi has internet that they'd atleast get system updates/upgrades instead?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Oh, it'll follow the exact same formula as 3rd and 4th.

Make two games with a new region and Pokemon, make a game on the console, make a revolutionary third game of the previous two/remakes of Ruby and Sapphire with many more features, make the other one, unleash spinoff titles unveiling Pokemon from the next generation, repeat.

There will be one. Nintendo and Gamefreak don't wanna give up the money that oozes out of this franchise.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan

Make two games with a new region and Pokemon, make a game on the console, make a revolutionary third game of the previous two/remakes of Ruby and Sapphire with many more features, make the other one, unleash spinoff titles unveiling Pokemon from the next generation, repeat.

There will be one. Nintendo and Gamefreak don't wanna give up the money that oozes out of this franchise.

Really. They'll find a way to make Pokemon continue. Besides, we haven't got our R/S remakes yet! ;)

MetaPheonixPal

Its going to be a new region with new pokemon with new legendaries with new story and whatever. And don't event start with this crap about all regions put into one game >.> It's not going to happen because the regions happen at different time periods >.> and would create a giant time paradox >.>
And will most likely be on the next handheld

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Here's my message to all of ya'll: THERE WILL BE NEW GAMES ONCE THE TIME COMES, HISTORY DICTATES THAT!

This thread will soon be locked/closed/deleted, trust me...

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
And don't event start with this crap about all regions put into one game >.> It's not going to happen because the regions happen at different time periods >.> and would create a giant time paradox >.>

G/S/C had Kanto in, and occured 3 years later than R/B/Y. If they hypothetically do have a new game with all the regions in, they'll all occur at the same time, a few years later.

But, they wont, due to memory issues in cartridges. However, when cartridges advance enough to hold more data, then possibly.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
We're not allowed to talk about Generation 5 so I won't.

Since we're getting this Generation's " Pikachu " game soon it looks like the only spinoff we're missing is Pokemon Pinball. I imagine if they do anything else for the DS it'll be Pokemon Pinball. Though it seems kind of lackluster it makes a bit of sense. Most countries will get Heart/Soul in 2010 and there's talks of the DS' successor coming out sometime that year anyway. We'd be all right for main series games for the time being.

JD

Ughhhhhh might want to discuss this In th create or rename anything thread we aren't allowed to discuss the fifth gen though sorry :(.

squeezcheese

how about some sort of roll reversal kind of thing where you start as a pokemon and train people.

Pikachu sent out Brock!
Squirtle sent out Misty!
Pikachu: Brock use bite!
Squirtle: Misty dodge that and use tackle!
Pikachu: Quickly dodge Brock, and use Spit up!

Uhhh... forget I ever said anything.

Burning Orphanage

Liscensed Pedophile

The topic should have ended here.

Game speculation is frowned upon until we have some actual info to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.