• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NFL Club '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
With just under two weeks until the opening kickoff of the 2008 preseason, I thought it a good time to start up the club again.

All site rules apply:

No flaming;
No spamming;
No double posting (unless absolutely necessary);
Do not bash any member of the club, any franchise in the NFL, or any player from any team. Intelligent argument, debate, or heated discussion are all perfectly acceptable. Just keep it civilized.
Everyone is welcome to join, so don't wait for permission.

Member List:
(Owner) Fez the Mysfit Elf--Carolina Panthers
(Co-owner) DanK84--Pittsburgh Steelers
(Co-owner) -SI---Green Bay Packers
(Co-Owner) legendary master Jose--New Orleans Saints
(Member #1) Signal--N/A
(Member #2) spongeaud--Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(Member #3) Matt Thorndark--Chicago Bears
(Member #4) Kyogre35--N/A
(Member #5) RadiataAlchemist--Cleveland Browns
(Member #6) PWInsiderTorch--Indianapolis Colts
(Member #7) ground tamer--New York Giants
(Member #8) May Ketchum--Dallas Cowboys
(Member #9) Crazy Packers Fan--Green Bay Packers
(Member #10) Swampert_22--Seattle Seahawks
(Member #11) goliath_unit--San Diego Chargers
(Member #12) latino heat--San Diego Chargers
(Member #13) LegendaryDarkrai--Philadelphia Eagles

So everyone have fun, and enjoy yourselves.

Last edited:

Matt Thorndark

Unassuming Local Guy
Hey, I'm from last year's club, and I would like to sign up again. I know I haven't been around the site much since it ended last year, but I'll be sure to be a bit more active this time.

Matt Thorndark

Unassuming Local Guy
Hey, I'm from last year's club, and I would like to sign up again. I know I haven't been around the site much since it ended last year, but I'll be sure to be a bit more active this time.

DanK84

Manyula Trainer
Hey, I'm back too. I already told Fez this, but just to let everyone know, I probably won't be as active as I've been as I don't really visit this site too much anymore. But, once again like I told Fez, last year's club was pretty much the only topic I posted in so when I do post on these forums it will probably be in this topic.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Cool This looks interesting....I guess I'll join.

Welcome back to our three veteran members, and welcome to the club for our newest member.

And I myself don't come to the site too often (When I do it's usually for the club.), so inactivity is nothing to worry about. (Just so long as I don't let the club die again.)

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
Awesome.
I'm returning from years past.

GO PACK!

Favre or not, i'm making a strong prediction. 10-6.

I R BACK lol

well anyways im still waiting for the season to start =(

Fez if you want to post this at the top go ahead the current member list lol

Member List:
(Owner) Fez the Mysfit Elf--Carolina Panthers
(Co-owner) DanK84--Pittsburgh Steelers
(Co-owner) -SI---Green Bay Packers
(Co-Owner) legendary master Jose--New Orleans Saints
(Member #1) Signal--N/A
(Member #2) spongeaud--Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(Member #3) Matt Thorndark--Chicago Bears
(Member #4) Kyogre35--

Colts fan here. The Hall of Fame game was a bit cringe-worthy although it's only preseason still. We have rematches against New England and San Diego which were fairly big losses last season.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
The Colts actually lose most or all but one of their preseason games almost every year...so I wouldn't worry yet.

I'm hoping my Browns can keep some momentum going from a great season by Cleveland standards last year. I'm still upset that we traded Leigh Bodden though, he was a great corner.

Last edited:

DanK84

Manyula Trainer
Hey guys, welcome to the club. Glad to have you here.

Brett Favre is now officially a New York Jet.

Last edited:
As a Panther fan, I must say that it's a better choice then Tampa Bay. (Besides which, I think the have enough QB's down there.)

Anyway, welcome to the club to our two newest members. (And thanks for the list, Jose.)

As a Panther fan, I must say that it's a better choice then Tampa Bay. (Besides which, I think the have enough QB's down there.)

Anyway, welcome to the club to our two newest members. (And thanks for the list, Jose.)

NP Fez

and so begins season 1 A.B. (after brett)

well let me get these polls out of the way

Will Aaron Rodgers be able to suceed the great favre?
I know little about rodgers so i cant say
will the pats go undefeated?
possible but i doubt it
Can Reggie Bush finnaly get going this year?
I hope so
can the falcons and dolphins redeem themselves?
i think one of them will be able to
how will Brett fair as a jet?
i dont know

and so there they are feel free to post your opinions

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I'm in, Go Giants! Funny how all the news is about other teams and not the reighning Superbowl winners.

And no jose, you meant Day 1 A.B. Brett hopefully wil retire after this year. I can understand someone wanting to not stop doing what they love, but for 25 million, I don't think anyone else would say no to retiring.

Will Aaron Rodgers be able to suceed the great favre?
I doubt it, but in all reality if he can keep par with Farve nobody will care much about the trade.
Will the pats go undefeated?
No chance. Even if Farve wasn't on the Jets, they wouldn't do it again. It's to hard, and in my mind I believe that they won't even make the playoffs.
Can Reggie Bush finnaly get going this year?
Hopefully. He is an amazing athlete and is lucky that his team got Shockey to add to there team.
Can the falcons and dolphins redeem themselves?
I have a strong felling that the Dolphins will get Pennington, and i think that they will redeem themselves. The Falcons are in rebuild mode, so i wouldn't think to highly of them for a few years.
How will Brett fair as a jet?
I hope he suffers a career ending injury during the first game. Not really, but i am going to hate Jet fans for gloating all year that they got Farve...

I have to ask you. There was a rumor sometime back that Bill Cowher was going to take over as Panthers coach and this season would be John Fox's last year. I know Cowher is filling in for another year on the NFL Today roundtable though has anything been said about this?

I'm in, Go Giants! Funny how all the news is about other teams and not the reighning Superbowl winners.

welcome to the club and dont you mean how all the news is about brett?

saints won! theyre one step close to 23 - 0 :D

tha pats lost so now they can only go 22 - 1 HAHAHAHA

well i guess that all for me for now till next week (or some major non favre related event happens.)

Will Aaron Rodgers be able to succeed the great Favre?
Considering Favre holds the records for most yards and TDs in a career, not to mention he led the Packers to a Super Bowl win and is a three-time MVP winner, I don't see him ever succeeding Favre. He might lead the Packers to the playoffs, maybe even a Super Bowl over time, but I doubt he'll ever succeed Favre.

Will the Pats go undefeated?
It's possible. I actually think their schedule looks weaker then last year. They only play against four playoff teams, three of which they have very recently defeated. Indianapolis and San Diego are their toughest opponents, so it depends on what they can do.

Can Reggie Bush finally get going this year?
I think it depends on Deuce McAllister's health. If he stays healthy, Bush will get fewer carries, thereby greatly limiting him.

Can the Falcons and Dolphins redeem themselves?
Eventually, I'm sure, but I don't see either happening this year.

How will Brett fair as a Jet?
Considering they signed him a mere few hours before they first game of the season, I don't think he'll be able to pick up everything he needs to have a successful season. Especially considering who their division rival is, I don't see a trip to the playoffs until at least 2009.

I have to ask you. There was a rumor sometime back that Bill Cowher was going to take over as Panthers coach and this season would be John Fox's last year. I know Cowher is filling in for another year on the NFL Today roundtable though has anything been said about this?

As far as I know, it's just speculation. Bill Cowher's excuse for retiring was that he wanted to spend more time with his family, and since they all currently live in Raleigh, it's been heavily speculated that he would jump at the offer to coach again without giving up his family time.

That is, of course, assuming the Panthers don't win this year. After two embarrassing loosing seasons, Fox's job is likely on the line, so it depends on how the Panthers fare this year. If they win, he'll likely finish out his contract. (Which goes through 2010, I believe.) If they don't win, he'll likely be out of the job, and Cowher will be the best candidate for replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.