• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NFL Club '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
Whoo watched some pre-season games last night I just wanted to watch football and I'm excited that its almost here!!

Will Aaron Rodgers be able to suceed the great favre?
Doubt it, he will be compared to Favre for at least this season and he'll hear a lot of if Farve were here and those types of things.

Will the Pats go undefeated?
I hope not that would just be boring lol.

Can Reggie Bush finally get going this year?
I watched him play a little bit last night and he didn't do much but if he does get going they could be a team to beat this year.

Can the Falcons and Dolphins redeem themselves?
The Dolphins prolly not they lost 99 now to and Pennigton never really impressed me either so it looks like a rough season again.
As far as the Falcons I have no clue haven't really seen or heard much about them yet.

How will Brett fair as a Jet?
I hope he does okay it would be a shame for him to retire on a mistake.
But if I were him I would of just stayed retired rather then switch teams. It makes it seem more legendary.

DanK84

Manyula Trainer
Let me just say this, I think he will have a better season than most people think. They have a good receiving corps and will have a good running game as well. In the long term I really don't think he will, Favre is one of the all time greats. I think he will have a successful career though.
Will the pats go undefeated?
No, even with the easiest schedule. I could see them losing at least two of these games: At San Diego, At Indianapolis, At Seattle. There's also a chance for losing at least one of these games: At New York Jets, Vs. Pittsburgh, or At Buffalo, and Vs. New York Jets. Maybe At Oakland and even Vs. St. Louis, but I doubt it and I really don't even know if the Jets can beat the Patriots in New England. Or even some other team could beat them, of course suprises do happen in the NFL.
Can Reggie Bush finnaly get going this year?
I think this is the year he could with all of the weapons the Saints have. He now has the chance to earn compliments from guys like at ESPN. Last season they were criticizing him unlike his rookie season where they were overrating him because of his college career. Defenses are probably going to pay even more attention to Marques Colston and Robert Meachem is playing this season. I think these two, along with the addition of Shockey, take pressure off of Reggie as defenses can't focus on him as much now.
Can the falcons and dolphins redeem themselves?
I think the Dolphins might be able to and the Falcons MIGHT be a little better than some think. Depends what redemption would mean for either of these teams. 5 or 6 wins could mean a successful season.
How will Brett fair as a jet?
I think he will do well, especially with Cotchery and a healthy Coles, but I really don't know if the Jets will make the playoffs. I don't think Faneca will help them as much as everyone thinks, but I think he can be solid. It is an even numbered year so the Jets have that going for them, on ESPN it was noted that the last three even numbered years the Jets have made the playoffs.

Okay, now that was probably my longest post in a long time, even if it wasn't THAT long.

Last edited:
I won't answer all the questions though I think Rodgers has the potential for a great career. When Steve Young replaced Joe Montana for the San Francisco 49ers, he was compared but gave them I believe 2 Super Bowl Victories and had a good career himself.

DanK84

Manyula Trainer
Because of Charlie Batch's injury, the Steelers have signed Daunte Culpepper and Byron Leftwich. It will be very interesting to see these guys in black and gold.

EDIT: Ok, they actually only signed Byron Leftwich. Well, and the punter Mitch Berger.

Last edited:

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack

Rodgers will suprise many. Do not doubt him. He's focused, and knows what he has to do. He will be a big change for the pack, replacing our favorite quarterback ever, but he will do well his career with the packers.
will the pats go undefeated?
No. I'm guessing 14-2 with losses to the Chargers and Colts fairly early in the year.
I really have no idea. Its tough. I've been thinking the same thing every year. Will he do well? And he has dissapointed me somewhat. Again, don't doubt.
Can the falcons and dolphins redeem themselves?
Falcons 7-9
Dolphins 4-12
How will Brett fair as a jet?
As much as I hate to say it, he'll do well. He can still throw it regardless of what team he's on. I will say around 3,200+ yards and 25 touchdown passes.

DanK84

Manyula Trainer
Just letting you guys know, I'll be on vacation until next Saturday. See you guys then.

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
I'll join. The Cowboys are still my favorite. It's Tampa or bust for Dallas. Tampa or Bust!

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've been here... tough offseason for Packers fans, that's for sure. I don't think we'll be able to tell whether Favre or the Packers' management were right or wrong until after this season. Let's see about these questions...

Will Aaron Rodgers be able to succeed the great Favre?

Well, that's the franchise-defining question for the Packers, isn't it? If Rodgers fails, guys like GM Ted Thompson could be gone, and Rodgers may never see another starting job. If he succeeds, the Packers could be on their way to another NFC title game, with all the young talent. I'll reveal my season predictions a little later, once the preseason is over, but my guess is... no.

Will the Pats go undefeated?

I don't think so... going undefeated is an incredibly hard thing to do, no matter how easy a schedule is... and who knows what will happen coming off a Super Bowl loss. But they proved last year that 16-0 is possible... maybe not 19-0, though.

It's about time, isn't it? But I really don't think he will be all that much better from the last two years... a solid player but not a star.

Can the Falcons and Dolphins redeem themselves?
Not this year.

How will Brett fare as a Jet?
Another huge question for Packers fans, as Rodgers will likely be judged not only on his own performance, but on Favre's in New York. I really don't know how well a guy can play after planning on retiring for so long, then suddenly coming back and going to a brand new system. I wouldn't count him out, but I don't think it's going to go as well as many Jets fans think.

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
I have a new topic:

Is it Tampa or Bust for Wade Phillips in Big D?

Dallas kept Kevin Garrett for a reason, he WILL be Wade's successor if Dallas doesn't make it to the Super Bowl

I have a new topic:

Is it Tampa or Bust for Wade Phillips in Big D?

I don't think so. If he has a truly terrible season, such as 12-16 losses, then it may be possible. (But really, do you see that happening?) And even so, it would be hard for the organization not to give him a second chance after he give them a 13-3 season. I think if he wins three or more games, he's good for at least another year.

Last edited:
We need to get some more action going on here... the NFL season is only one day away! So I'll post my season predictions here...

AFC
AFC East
Patriots: 14-2
Jets: 7-9
Bills: 7-9
Dolphins: 3-13

AFC North
Steelers: 9-7
Ravens: 6-10
Browns: 6-10
Bengals: 5-11

AFC South
Colts: 13-3
Jaguars: 12-4
Texans: 9-7
Titans: 7-9

AFC West
Chargers: 12-4
Broncos: 9-7
Raiders: 6-10
Chiefs: 5-11

NFC
NFC East
Cowboys: 12-4
Giants: 10-6
Redskins: 7-9
Eagles: 7-9

NFC North
Vikings: 10-6
Packers: 8-8
Bears: 5-11
Lions: 5-11

NFC South
Saints: 10-6
Buccaneers: 9-7
Panthers: 8-8
Falcons: 3-13

NFC West
Seahawks: 11-5
Cardinals: 7-9
Rams: 5-11
49ers: 3-13

AFC Playoffs:
#5 Jaguars over #4 Steelers
#3 Chargers over #6 Broncos

#1 Patriots over #5 Jaguars
#2 Colts over #3 Chargers

#2 Colts over #1 Patriots

NFC Playoffs:
#5 Giants over #4 Vikings
#3 Saints over #6 Buccaneers

#1 Cowboys over #5 Giants
#2 Seahawks over #3 Saints

#1 Cowboys over #2 Seahawks

Super Bowl XLIII:
Indianapolis 31, Dallas 20 (MVP: Peyton Manning)

(For more detailed information on my season predictions, go here, as all my commentary is too big to fit on this board.)

My predictions for the weekend:

Giants over Redskins (Sure-fire bet, this one.)
Seattle over Buffalo
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Jets over Miami
Pittsburgh over Houston
Jacksonville over Tennessee
Atlanta over Detroit
New England over Kansas City
Baltimore over Cincinnati
Philadelphia over St. Louis
San Francisco over Arizona
San Diego over Carolina
Dallas over Cleveland
Indianapolis over Chicago
Minnesota over Green Bay
Denver over Oakland

And my prediction for the season:

AFC
North:

Pittsburgh 10-6 (#4 seed)
Cleveland 9-6-1 (#6 seed)
Baltimore 7-9
Cincinnati 7-9
East:
New England 11-5 (#3 seed)
Buffalo 8-8
New York Jets 8-8
Miami 4-12
West:
San Diego 12-4 (#2 seed)
Denver 8-8
Oakland 4-12
Kansas City 3-13
South:
Indianapolis 13-3 (#1 seed)
Jacksonville 12-3-1 (#5 seed)
Tennessee 9-7
Houston 6-10

NFC
North:
Minnesota 11-5 (#3 seed)
Chicago 7-9
Green Bay 6-10
Detroit 2-14
East:
Dallas 13-3 (#1 seed)
New York Giants 12-4 (#5 seed)
Philadelphia 6-10
Washington 4-12
West:
St. Louis 11-5 (#4 seed)
Seattle 9-7
San Francisco 5-11
Arizona 4-12
South:
New Orleans 12-4 (#2 seed)
Tampa Bay 11-5 (#6 seed)
Carolina 9-7
Atlanta 4-12

Playoffs:

AFC Wild-Cards:

#6 Cleveland < #3 New England
#5 Jacksonville > #4 Pittsburgh
NFC Wild-Cards:
#5 New York Giants > #4 St. Louis
#6 Tampa Bay < #3 Minnesota

AFC Divisional:
#5 Jacksonville > #1 Indianapolis
#3 New England < #1 San Diego
NFC Divisional:
#5 New York Giants < #1 Dallas
#3 Minnesota > #2 New Orleans

AFC Championship:
#5 Jacksonville < #1 San Diego
NFC Championship:
#3 Minnesota > #1Dallas

Super Bowl XLIII:
San Diego > Minnesota (MVP: L.T.)

I love it, you predicted a tie between Jacksonville and Cleveland. I wonder what the odds are on that... it's probably like 1000-to-1. But if it happens, you'll be the only one who called it.

It all starts up in less than 12 hours, although for me, Sunday's games are basically just for fantasy football purposes.

My predictions for the weekend:

Giants over Redskins (Sure-fire bet, this one.)
Seattle over Buffalo
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Jets over Miami

Pittsburgh over Houston
Jacksonville over Tennessee
Atlanta over Detroit
New England over Kansas City
Baltimore over Cincinnati
Philadelphia over St. Louis

San Francisco over Arizona
San Diego over Carolina (what a catch)
Dallas over Cleveland
Indianapolis over Chicago
Minnesota over Green Bay
Denver over Oakland

Indicates correct prediction
Indicates wrong prediction

this was a good week for the NFC

meh im too lazy to put up my predictions right now maybe at the end of the season :p

and in other news

How will brady's injury affect the pats for the rest of the season
im gonna go with either still win thier division or make the wild card spot

is chad ocho cinco a moron for changing his name?
i think he was proably drunk at the time but yes

what was the biggest shocker for week 1?
i think it was the panthers beating the chargers (that or perhaps the falcons win)

how would you rate jet favres first regular season with the new york bretts?
i didnt watch it but ill give him an 8 anyways =P

who do you think is under more pressure right now Aaron Rodgers or Matt cassel
i think aaron rodgers because hes truly fighting for the starting job but on the other hand cassel has to fill in for the guy with 3 rings.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers looked pretty good in his first game, being very efficient. Unfortunately the Packers committed way too many penalties and almost ended up costing themselves a win, but fortunately they pulled it out.

Otherwise, it was a bizarre opening week in the NFL, especially with the Brady injury. I still think the Patriots will win their division, but their Super Bowl chances have greatly diminished.

I love it, you predicted a tie between Jacksonville and Cleveland. I wonder what the odds are on that... it's probably like 1000-to-1. But if it happens, you'll be the only one who called it.

That's actually just a wuss-out on my part. I couldn't decide who I wanted to win, so I just called it a tie.

And for today's predictions:
Green Bay over Detroit
New York Giants over St. Louis
New Orleans over Washington
Jacksonville over Buffalo
Cincinnati over Tennessee
Oakland over Kansas City
Carolina over Chicago
Indianapolis over Minnesota
Tampa Bay over Atlanta
Seattle over San Francisco
San Diego over Denver
Arizona over Miami
New England over New York Jets
Pittsburgh over Cleveland
Dallas over Philadelphia

How will Brady's injury affect the Pats for the rest of the season?
Definitely no 16-0 repeat. A playoff spot wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not betting on a SUper Bowl run.

Is Chad Ocho Cinco a moron for changing his name?
I think he'll change it back to Johnson within the year. That's how publicity stunts go.

What was the biggest shocker for week 1?
If it weren't for Manning's injury I would say Chicago beating Indianapolis, but I'm going to go with Carolina beating San Diego. (Not that I'm complaining or anything.)

How would you rate Jet Favre's first regular season game with the New York Bretts?
Even considering the fact that he was playing against the worst team in the league, I thought it was an impressive win. I can see them being a playoff contender late in the season.

Who do you think is under more pressure right now: Aaron Rodgers or Matt Cassel
I think it's Aaron Rodgers. If Cassel is a bomb, the Pats are only down until Brady gets better. If Rodgers is a bomb, the Packers can't jump back to their original QB, as I doubt Mr. Favre would ever consider playing in Green Bay again. They'd be screwed for at least this season, plus however long they decide to hold on to their current roster of QB's.

alrighty then lets get my predictions in here then

Bengals over Titans
Jaguars over Bills
Saints over Redskins
Giants over Rams
Packers over Lions
Bears over Panthers
Colts over Vikings
Chiefs over Raiders
Seahawks over 49ers
Cardinals over Dolphins
Chargers over Broncos
Buccaneers over Falcons
Jets over Patriots (this was hard to pick)
Steelers over Browns
Cowboys over Eagles

so there yo go my picks for this week

Last edited:
Another great performance by Rodgers and the Packers are 2-0. They blew a 21-point lead in this one but still ended up winning by 23.

Then there were the Colts coming back from down 15-0 to win 18-15 at Minnesota, the Panthers coming back to defeat Chicago, and the truly bizarre San Diego-Denver game, featuring failed replay, an "inadvertent whistle," and two 2-point conversions as the Broncos win 39-38. Another great week of NFL football.

alrighty then lets get my predictions in here then

Bengals over Titans
Jaguars over Bills

Saints over Redskins
Giants over Rams
Packers over Lions

Bears over Panthers
Colts over Vikings
Chiefs over Raiders
Seahawks over 49ersCardinals over Dolphins
Chargers over BroncosBuccaneers over Falcons
Jets over Patriots (this was hard to pick)
Steelers over Browns
Cowboys over Eagles

so there yo go my picks for this week

and now you all know why i never pick lol

Status
Not open for further replies.