• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NFL Club '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
Yeah the Falcons have me a little worried to the Bucs still have them and Carolina to play last time I saw ESPN the Bucs were the division leaders but Carolina and the Falcons are right behind so it could go either way.

Beating Green Bay is never out of the question this season, given the pathetic way the defense has performed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina put up something in the upper 30s in points, running the ball non-stop right over the overrated A.J. Hawk.

I don't know about that. The Panthers have yet to play consistently. If statistics are in their favor, they'll most likely have a difficult time. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see an embarrassing rout at the hands of the Packers come Sunday.

Yeah the Falcons have me a little worried to the Bucs still have them and Carolina to play last time I saw ESPN the Bucs were the division leaders but Carolina and the Falcons are right behind so it could go either way.

If I were the gambling type, I would have my money on an easy NFC South championship for Tampa. If you ask me, the Bucs have the easiest remaining schedule in the division. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were to have a clean sweep of the five remaining teams.

I myself expect to see Tampa Bay win the last five games and take the division at 13-3, Atlanta loose to only to Tampa and finish 11-5 and a possible wild-card spot, New Orleans to loose only to Tampa and Atlanta and finish 9-7, and Carolina to get their only remaining victory in the Denver home game, finishing 9-7 to tie for last in the division. (I certainly sound like a loyal fan, don't I?)

I don't know about that. The Panthers have yet to play consistently. If statistics are in their favor, they'll most likely have a difficult time. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see an embarrassing rout at the hands of the Packers come Sunday.

This is bad, when both of our teams have disappointed us to the point that we're trashtalking our own teams and picking the other one to win. I'd swap records with Carolina in a heartbeat, though. I think that after such an embarrassment by New Orleans, the Packers' defense will have lost all its confidence and play poorly again.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
This is bad, when both of our teams have disappointed us to the point that we're trashtalking our own teams and picking the other one to win. I'd swap records with Carolina in a heartbeat, though. I think that after such an embarrassment by New Orleans, the Packers' defense will have lost all its confidence and play poorly again.

On the contrary, I'm sure Charles Woodson would be embarassed by his young squad, and pump them up, rather. I know they're better. Everybody does. I think the Packers will finish the season strong, but fall short of the Playoffs.

I feel like Malcolm from Jurassic Park... I hate always being right. What a pathetic performance by the Packers' defense against Carolina, again. I hope they can at least make it to 8-8.

LegendaryDarkrai

Darkrai Master
Beating Green Bay is never out of the question this season, given the pathetic way the defense has performed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina put up something in the upper 30s in points, running the ball non-stop right over the overrated A.J. Hawk.
That is pretty much exactly what happened
I am going to join my favorite team is the Eagles

In Green Bay's defense, they pretty much outplayed Carolina. Both defenses were equally terrible, and aside from a few long plays from Steve Smith, the Carolina offense was easily outperformed by the Packers. Carolina's field special teams performance was the only significant difference, as it consistently gave the Panthers good field position. (I still can't believe we actually had a productive day on kick returns!) But still, I have to say that it was one of the more entertaining Panther games this year.

And welcome to the club, LegendaryDarkrai.

Last edited:

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
Well I guess the Bucs and Carolina will duke it out on Monday night that will be an interesting game. And I like how the Giants aren't taking Buress back they don't really need him if he's just gonna be a distraction but I enjoyed watching the Vikings the other night I kinda like them.

Basic NFL playoff scenarios for this weekend:
Giants- clinch division & bye with win
Cardinals- clinch division with win or 49ers loss
Titans- clinch division with win or Colts loss, clinch bye with win & Jets loss
Steelers- clinch playoffs with win, Dolphins loss & Patriots loss

Packers playoff scenario:
win all 4 games + 2 Vikings losses, in order to win division

Not gonna happen.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Philadelphia has much of a chance. The first wild-card spot should go to either Carolina or Tampa Bay (whoever doesn't win the division), leaving the battle for the second spot between Philadelphia, Dallas, Atlanta, Washington, and Chicago. Atlanta currently has an easier schedule, and I believe Dallas still has the talent to win games, so I expect one of these teams to be the #6 seed.

And Adam Jones is now out for the season with a neck injury, which may actually be career-threatening. Things just keep getting worse for the Cowboys.

It looks like it's going to be a crazy finish in the NFC, and the Eagles are certainly part of it, though winning out may be necessary for them. I was surprised to see that the Redskins have fallen to last; when did that happen? Too bad Green Bay won't be part of all the playoff madness this year, thanks to an utterly awful defense.

This time last year, who would've guessed that we'd be looking at a playoff group consisting of the 4-12 Falcons, 4-12 Ravens, and 1-15 Dolphins? Not to mention #2 Carolina, division-winner Arizona, and wild-card berth Indianapolis. It's amazing what can change after a single season.

Anyway, I'm picking Atlanta, Minnesota, Baltimore, and Indianapolis to win this week. (Three-of-four wild-card teams? Why not?)

I'm going with all road teams to win, Atlanta, Philly, Baltimore and Indy. My only hope for this postseason is that the Steelers and Vikings both fail to reach the Super Bowl. I know, though, that the Steelers have an incredible string of good luck in their favor, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if the much-easier-to-beat Dolphins win and give the Steelers an easy game next week.

But my preseason pick remains the same: Indianapolis wins the Super Bowl. Over whom, I'm not sure, not Dallas, that's for sure. Maybe New York.

So Arizona and Pittsburgh will be facing off in the Superbowl. Who ever would've guessed? I doubt that even the Cardinals fans thought they had any hope for the conference championship. This is really a bigger surprise then last year's New York Giants team making the Superbowl.

And it looks like Julius Peppers is done in Carolina. His agent has confirmed that he wants to play elsewhere next season. As if the embarrassment against the Cardinals wasn't bad enough for Carolina fans...

What a shocker, the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. That's one of those things you'd never expect to see in your lifetime, yet here they are, with a 9-7 record (tied with the SB XIV Rams for worst ever for a SB team). If they won it all they would be a more shocking champion, although I give them more of a chance than I gave the Giants last year. Go Cardinals!

You know where I want to see Julius Peppers end up... Green Bay. The Packers have a new defensive coordinator in Dom Capers who I hope will turn things around, and I'm already excited for next season. Forget the Super Bowl, bring on the draft!

Well, the Steelers won their sixth Super Bowl. It looked like the Cards had it for a minute, but Warner and Fitzgerald scored too quickly to lock up the game. Kind of fitting, really.

And now, we have the Pro Bowl to look forward too, before a two-month dry spell until the Draft. Bitter-sweet, I suppose. (Here's rooting for the NFC.)

All I know about the Pro Bowl this year is that they're wearing ridiculous uniforms. I'll probably nap through it like most years. Hopefully April comes soon, because with April comes the NFL Draft and hope springing eternal for all teams. If all it takes is 9-7 to reach the Super Bowl, pretty much every team is a contender next year.

Someone must be asleep at the wheel in New England. How can they possibly trade Vrabel and Cassel for nothing but a second-round draft pick? Cassel alone probably could've fetched that much (if not a first-rounder) if they had shopped around long enough.

And since I apparently forgot to comment on the Peppers situation: I love Julius Peppers. He's an absolute beast on defense. I wish he would sign a long-term contract. But forcing him to stay, even after he's said he wants out, is just dumb. And when you consider the fact that he'll be payed over one million dollars per regular season game, the decision is simply idiotic. I love Peppers, but I think we need to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.