• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL thread (for those about to Puck, we salute you)

Vernikova

Champion
I have to agree with the above. Then again, if ratings were at stake then I would obviously try my best to re-align those divisions.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Meh, if you want to watch canadian teams win awards then watch the olympics. Or watch the CFL.

Vernikova

Champion
The Canadiens are making a come back anyway, so the divisions might not be necessary.

ger9119

I have to agree with the above. Then again, if ratings were at stake then I would obviously try my best to re-align those divisions.

So the ratings will only be good in Canada, I mean all the teams have an equal chance to be great especially in playoff hockey where anyone can win. I mean there's an inbalance when the Oilers get top pick pretty much every year and can't do anything with it.

Vernikova

Champion
So the ratings will only be good in Canada, I mean all the teams have an equal chance to be great especially in playoff hockey where anyone can win. I mean there's an inbalance when the Oilers get top pick pretty much every year and can't do anything with it.

I'm sure most Canadian tams are getting better shares in their respective cities than a lot of American cities give their teams. At least higher than Tampa Bay.

ger9119

I'm sure most Canadian tams are getting better shares in their respective cities than a lot of American cities give their teams. At least higher than Tampa Bay.

I'm talking from a salary cap pov and other stuff like that. I'm not talking about TV Contracts, I would love for some relocation though especially with the Flordia Panthers.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'd actually like to see a few mexico-based teams added to the mix just to spice things up (or have a few games played in Japan/China like what they're doing with the european NFL games). While expanding past 32 teams would be a horrible idea, broadening the global audience couldn't hurt them in the longrun.

Vernikova

Champion
They should make it successful in the other states before even thinking about moving it to Mexico, which isn't even in the most stable of states atm.

I'm talking from a salary cap pov and other stuff like that. I'm not talking about TV Contracts, I would love for some relocation though especially with the Flordia Panthers.

I'm talking about ratings than contracts.

ger9119

I'd actually like to see a few mexico-based teams added to the mix just to spice things up (or have a few games played in Japan/China like what they're doing with the european NFL games). While expanding past 32 teams would be a horrible idea, broadening the global audience couldn't hurt them in the longrun.

They wouldn't draw there, It's hard enough to get people to go to Panther games why would people living in Mexico go to a hockey game? I think Seattle is the most logical place at the moment for a team

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I can't believe that out of the four teams participating in the Pacific semis, the lone American team emerges. I guess they were better. Seriously, the NHL needs to rethink separating the 7 non-American teams.

Anyway, Montreal is the last hope of breaking the American streak of Stanley Cup winners. I'm sure they can do it. They have a pretty good team.

ger9119

I can't believe that out of the four teams participating in the Pacific semis, the lone American team emerges. I guess they were better. Seriously, the NHL needs to rethink separating the 7 non-American teams.

Anyway, Montreal is the last hope of breaking the American streak of Stanley Cup winners. I'm sure they can do it. They have a pretty good team.

Why would they separate them, if they aren't good enough to make it they don't deserve to make it. The whole logic behind it is dumb, let's put a bunch of teams together that can't get it done just because they aren't American. Don't think Montreal gets out of the east.

Vernikova

Champion
The last ten minutes of the NY game were ridiculous. I'm glad that the Rangers will clinch tomorrow.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This is really disappointing. 5 non-American teams make the playoffs. None of them make it to the final four. I hope the NHL puts them all in the same division come 2016.

Mye

Someone has to win..
To be fair, Montreal kinda gave that series away. While tampa had an amazing offense, they shouldn't have been able to beat Carey Price so bloody easily. Aside from that, all the other teams shouldn't have actually made the playoffs with Vancouver being a perennial joke and Ottawa/Calgary/Winnipeg being in rebuilds. If Boston and LA hadn't blown up, we could've seen a way different picture.

ger9119

This is really disappointing. 5 non-American teams make the playoffs. None of them make it to the final four. I hope the NHL puts them all in the same division come 2016.

They aren't good enough so let's make it easier on them to win, that's horrible. Montreal should've beat Tampa though, was actually rooting for them in that series.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I was actually rooting for the lightning kinda, as they need something to get away from that whole "Vinny/St Louis are the only way we can win anything important" image that's been going on for the past decade. That being said, their two leading point getters are Kucherov and Johnson, so they're definitely surprising me when it comes to their scoring depth.