• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL thread (for those about to Puck, we salute you)

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
good luck to Tampa Bay fans.... and to the Lighting themselves. not sure if I'm gonna watch any of the final games. maybe game 1 if anything since I'll be off work that night.

KillerDraco

Yeah, Blackhawks win and I immediately lost all interest in watching the finals. GG Tampa, you'll be dead in 5 games.

Didn't people say likewise with the other 3 of the Original Six teams that Tampa had to go through to get to this point, though? I wouldn't be too quick to assume, but I suppose time will tell.

Mye

Someone has to win..
The problem I'm seeing with Tampa all comes down to goaltending and overall experience. If they had faced the ducks, the goaltending matchup would have been pretty even (as no matter how many goalies they put in net I still think the Ducks have a weird goalie-friendly system which allows them to use basically anyone with decent results). Instead, they're facing Corey Crawford and a Blackhawks team which could not only win the cup this year but will probably win 2-3 more before the end of this decade. Should Tampa want to win this series, they'll need to up their scoring quite a bit (stamkos will need at least 10 goals) and Bishop will have to lower his GAA. Doing both will be a pretty tough task.

ger9119

The problem I'm seeing with Tampa all comes down to goaltending and overall experience. If they had faced the ducks, the goaltending matchup would have been pretty even (as no matter how many goalies they put in net I still think the Ducks have a weird goalie-friendly system which allows them to use basically anyone with decent results). Instead, they're facing Corey Crawford and a Blackhawks team which could not only win the cup this year but will probably win 2-3 more before the end of this decade. Should Tampa want to win this series, they'll need to up their scoring quite a bit (stamkos will need at least 10 goals) and Bishop will have to lower his GAA. Doing both will be a pretty tough task.

Bishop is just as good as Crawford if not better, Crawford has been up and down the whole season/playoffs while Bishop has been light out. Stamkos isn't even their best player in this playoffs and isn't on their best line (The Trio line with Johnson is), their defense has been great and JT Brown has been a huge factor on the wings. They had a tougher road to the finals as well winning in the garden in game 7 hasn't been done before for a road team. These Blackhawks aren't as good as their teams in the past either. Tampa in 6

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Didn't people say likewise with the other 3 of the Original Six teams that Tampa had to go through to get to this point, though? I wouldn't be too quick to assume, but I suppose time will tell.

Fairly certain a lot of the media said the Wings would lose in 5 games against Tampa Bay, and not a close 7 game series. Don't like the Hawks, hope they lose.

ger9119

If Tampa can beat Price and Lundqvist they can beat Crawford. You guys can keep underrating Tampa until they win the Cup. I'm loving it.

Pretty much this, they beat two of the elite goalies in the game.

ger9119

Tampa takes Game 2. While I want them to win I also want this series to go to game 7, short finals are boring.

It will go 7 both teams have shown all playoffs that they play it real close and have a problem closing series out.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think it is good that Tampa Bay won last night's game, it ensures the clincher will be on the widely-available NBC instead of the scarcely-available NBCSN (which would have been a nightmare scenario for the NHL). Personally I think all the games of the Stanley Cup Finals should be on the main NBC network. None of the other major sports leagues has any part of their championship round on cable: the Super Bowl rotates between CBS, Fox and NBC, the World Series airs on Fox and the NBA Finals air on ABC. There is a reason why ESPN isn't in the Super Bowl rotation despite paying more money for their share of NFL broadcast rights than the other networks that air NFL games (making Super Bull [sic] 40 the last one to air on a Disney-owned network for the foreseeable future).

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, Tampa actually pulled out a win there. Didn't think they would, but meh.

Also, based on the way latvian goalies have played (especially in the olympics) they should be fine, albeit Vasilevskiy was the backup in the game in which Canada scored on 1 of their 59 shots on goal.

ger9119

Well, Tampa actually pulled out a win there. Didn't think they would, but meh.

Also, based on the way latvian goalies have played (especially in the olympics) they should be fine, albeit Vasilevskiy was the backup in the game in which Canada scored on 1 of their 59 shots on goal.

Bishop played today and they won, and they'll more than likely win the series.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Bishop may not play the entire series though, or more importantly he probably won't need to. And we'll see after game 4, as Chicago could very easily win the next 2 games and put tampa on the bubble.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Here's something I've been wondering about: when the league realigned to accommodate Winnepeg, why didn't they just put Nashville into the Southeast Division to replace the Thrashers? I know time zone conflicts were a big part of it, but what does time zone conflicts even mean?