• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL thread (for those about to Puck, we salute you)

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'm pretty sure this got deleted, so I decided to start it up again. Let the hawkey begin!

http://www.nhl.com/

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'll definitely be pulling for the Wings tonight! Michigan pride! I'm stoked for the NHL playoffs this season.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Disappointed that the Blue Jackets couldn't get back into the playoffs this year, though I hope we can carry our momentum from the end of this season into the next. Hopefully it won't be long before our first consecutive playoff berths, let alone the Cup.

This year I'm pulling for either Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver to win the Cup. It's been 22 years since a non-American team won the Cup.

Mye

Someone has to win..
After looking at the matchups, I have to say that Tampa/Detroit interests me the most purely because both teams are so scarily youthful (Tampa because they've "built" for a few years and Detroit because they easily have the best scouts/drafting in the league). That being said, I don't have either team winning with my pick being the islanders in an upset over the ducks.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Redwings win! Mrazek played great! The Wings definitely stole that game. Hopefully they play more aggressive on both sides in the next game.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Redwings win! Mrazek played great! The Wings definitely stole that game. Hopefully they play more aggressive on both sides in the next game.

Agreed. Until we see a game that ends in 7-6 or 8-7, we aren't seeing the true talents of either team.

ger9119

My Rangers looked real impressive against the Penguins, horrible calls throughout though by the officals

Mister_SGG

Pens fan here but after the disgusting performance towards the end of the season they don't deserve to win the cup. Hope the Rangers sweep them to knock some sense into them and they come back stronger next season. If that happens I'll probably jump on the bandwagon for some of these underdog teams like Nashville or Minnesota. Interested in how far the Sens make it too.

This year I'm pulling for either Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver to win the Cup. It's been 22 years since a non-American team won the Cup.

As much as I hate the Habs, they probably are the mostly likely to take the cup (of the Canadian teams) and I'd love to see a Canadian team do it.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I kinda agree. Calgary's a weird team that "technically" could make the finals, but could also be swept in any round due to their lack of playoff experience.

Oh, and Brayden Holtby is ill so the caps are starting Phil Grabauer (not like goaltending is important on their team). I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks the caps are ridiculously one-dimensional and will probably be swept in the first round?

ger9119

I kinda agree. Calgary's a weird team that "technically" could make the finals, but could also be swept in any round due to their lack of playoff experience.

Oh, and Brayden Holtby is ill so the caps are starting Phil Grabauer (not like goaltending is important on their team). I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks the caps are ridiculously one-dimensional and will probably be swept in the first round?

Doesn't look like they are being swept, even though watching that game it looked like it throughout.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Minnesota and St. Louis are picking up where they left off 24 years ago. The series is tied at one game apiece now.

Vernikova

Champion
Rangers did look good, but they were slowed down a bit by the Penguins after their good first period.

The Tampa Bay game was a blow out so I didn't care too much about that.

NBC switched to the tail-end of the Minny game, but that ended unspectacularly as well.

A solid start.

Mye

Someone has to win..
The draft lottery is over, and EDMONTON! got the first overall pick, proving that there is some karma in this world and top canadian talent shouldn't rot in american cities. In all seriousness, I was really hoping the Kings (despite having the slimmest of odds) would get first overall. With mcdavid almost ensuredly going to edmonton, they're free to let go of a few of their high-priced players with little consequence and can go about what they've been doing for the last decade. Tis a dark day on hockey.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm just happy the Rangers are back to winning. Last year's disappointment won't go away without the big metal cup.

ger9119

I'm just happy the Rangers are back to winning. Last year's disappointment won't go away without the big metal cup.

They got a great chance, and even a better chance if we get Klein back soon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So the Blackhawks are up 3-1 against the Predators in the 1st playoff series. I expect them to win the series, probably by winning the next game tomorrow. I'm not sure how far they'll go, but it seems like they're off to a great start in the postseason.

ger9119

Kevin Hayes stepped up huge last night for the Rangers, he'll be one of the top forwards in the league in a few years.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Tampa Bay stole that game in the Joe. Darn it. The series is all tied up 2-2, I had a feeling it would be a close series. Honestly, I can see this series going to 7 games.