• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL Thread

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
To be fair, it's a matter of perspective. You and I arguing the decision of a professional athlete isn't going to change anything. It's just my opinion and neither of us will lose sleep over it.

Any one have a team they are looking at to break out this season? I'm thinking the Lightning and Thrashers in the east and the Preds in the 'west'.

I agree with you about the preds. It seems like every season we underestimate then and then they come out making us looking like idiots.

Oh, here's a good question, what do you think will happen in Phoenix? I'm pretty sure they'll spend this season here but I if they do move and the NHL wants to keep them in the US and Portland, Seattle, and Milwaukee were the top US contenders I heard.

I hope it is milwaukee though, and in realigning the divisions they send Colorado to the Pacific and St. Louis in the Northwest (probably illogical considering the rivals the Blues have in their division now).

I agree with you about the preds. It seems like every season we underestimate then and then they come out making us looking like idiots.

Oh, here's a good question, what do you think will happen in Phoenix? I'm pretty sure they'll spend this season here but I if they do move and the NHL wants to keep them in the US and Portland, Seattle, and Milwaukee were the top US contenders I heard.

I hope it is milwaukee though, and in realigning the divisions they send Colorado to the Pacific and St. Louis in the Northwest (probably illogical considering the rivals the Blues have in their division now).

If they move to Milwaukee they *could* probably fit in the Northwest, maybe they'll end up as Minnesota's rivals.

Pre-season tonight! Game times (All EST = UTC-05)

Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00PM (Go Leafs go!)
New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00PM
Florida Panthers @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00PM
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00PM
Colorado Avalanche @ St. Louis Blues - 8:00PM
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Dallas Stars - 8:30PM
Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames (split squad) - 9:00PM
Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks (split squad) - 10:00PM
Phoenix Coyotes @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00PM

Last edited:

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
If they move to Milwaukee they *could* probably fit in the Northwest, maybe they'll end up as Minnesota's rivals.

Pre-season tonight! Game times (All EST = UTC-05)

Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00PM (Go Leafs go!)
New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00PM
Florida Panthers @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00PM
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00PM
Colorado Avalanche @ St. Louis Blues - 8:00PM
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Dallas Stars - 8:30PM
Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames (split squad) - 9:00PM
Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks (split squad) - 10:00PM
Phoenix Coyotes @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00PM

Your right,but based on the general area of Milwaukee and its division in other sports the Central Division would be a better fit rivalry wise since it keeps those two big rival cities in Chicago and Detroit (mainly Chicago).

So how's everyone's pre-season going along? Despite the humiliating 5-0 loss to the Sens in the opener, I think the Leafs are doing pretty well in the other 2 of their first three games. They redeemed themselves by beating the Sens 4-1 the very next evening, and won 3-2 against the Flyers in the 11th round of a shootout. I'm liking Kris Versteeg, Colby Armstrong, Christian Hanson, Luca Caputi and Jesse Blacker.