• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL Thread

Didn't see a hockey thread anywhere, so I thought I'd kick one off!

So now we're in the 2nd Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Any thoughts about this or whatever else in the NHL? Then go on and post!

I'm lamenting that the Flyers and the Preds, the two teams that I want to make the Finals, are on the brink of elimination.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
Make that eliminated, in the case of the Preds. Who would have predicted a Phoenix-LA West Final going in? No Vancouver, Chicago, Detroit, San Jose... a complete overhaul. Anyway, I think I'll be rooting for Phoenix from here on in, the small portion of fans who have stuck by this franchise through all of its awful years really deserve to enjoy this success in my opinion.

Make that eliminated, in the case of the Preds. Who would have predicted a Phoenix-LA West Final going in? No Vancouver, Chicago, Detroit, San Jose... a complete overhaul. Anyway, I think I'll be rooting for Phoenix from here on in, the small portion of fans who have stuck by this franchise through all of its awful years really deserve to enjoy this success in my opinion.

Honestly, it's probably going to be one of the best series this year. Just seeing as how the Kings, knocking off both top seeds, and Phoenix, raising up from the ashes and playing their tails off, have done. And both have been touched by as what I call "The Gretzky Touch." And as for the Devils-Flyers and Capitals-Rangers, I think we'll see the Devils and Rangers play against each other. Losing Giroux as a presence for Philly really impacts what will happen tonight.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
This thread always dies. But before it does, I must proclaim that the Rangers finally booted the Caps out and kept Ovechkin from another Conf. Finals. Feels good.

This thread always dies. But before it does, I must proclaim that the Rangers finally booted the Caps out and kept Ovechkin from another Conf. Finals. Feels good.

Does it die due to lack of NHL fans on Serebii? Anyways, it's now Division Rivalries in the Conf. Finals: Kings v. Coyotes, and Rangers v. Devils.

Yeah.

Maybe this time the Rangers won't get pushed into a game 7.

The Rangers have never, in their franchise history, lost a Game 7 at home, I don't think. So they may survive another one if they have to play it. And last year's champs had to play 3 Game 7's to win the Cup.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I don't pay attention to the whole NHL like I do, say, the NFL. I follow the heck out of the Penguins, but I'm a bad fan in that there are several teams in the league I couldn't tell you anything about. So once the Pens choked and embarrassed themselves losing to Philly, I had nothing left to contribute.

That said, the Pens might be out, but at least the Flyers, Caps, and Red Wings are, too. I'm pulling for a NJ/LA final.

I don't pay attention to the whole NHL like I do, say, the NFL. I follow the heck out of the Penguins, but I'm a bad fan in that there are several teams in the league I couldn't tell you anything about. So once the Pens choked and embarrassed themselves losing to Philly, I had nothing left to contribute.

That said, the Pens might be out, but at least the Flyers, Caps, and Red Wings are, too. I'm pulling for a NJ/LA final.

I'm also leaning for a NJ/LA final, as well. But initially, I'd wanted Vancouver out. I just despise them.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
The LA Kings are friggin' absurd right now. An EIGHTH seed that started the playoffs 11-1? This is why I hate when people complain that the NHL lets too many teams make the playoffs. You can't tell me the Kings don't belong out there.

KickAsh

halted development
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU god am I mad the Caps lost. New York sports teams blow.
I'm all for Phoenix from here on out, I've been secretly routing for them the last 2 years. But they're down 3-0 in the series now, so I guess the LA Kings truly are unstoppable.

Vernikova

Champion
They'll be unstoppable until they reach the Finals where the Rangers will crush them in seven. I only say seven because the Rangers seem to enjoy playing full series this year.

They'll be unstoppable until they reach the Finals where the Rangers will crush them in seven. I only say seven because the Rangers seem to enjoy playing full series this year.

How are you so sure that the Devils won't defeat their Division Rivals?

Vernikova

Champion
How are you so sure that the Devils won't defeat their Division Rivals?

Because I'm a New Yorker and as a result have an ego about things I support. In other words, I have no evidence.

Because I'm a New Yorker and as a result have an ego about things I support. In other words, I have no evidence.

Oh, good, I didn't have any evidence either lol. But yeah, the Eastern series looks pretty good. I'm not saying the Wesern one doesn't, but LA is just chewing up their competition.

Vernikova

Champion
Oh, good, I didn't have any evidence either lol. But yeah, the Eastern series looks pretty good. I'm not saying the Wesern one doesn't, but LA is just chewing up their competition.

**** I could've bluffed. The Kings' run has been nothing short of amazing though. Luckily, the Coyotes have avoided getting swept.

**** I could've bluffed. The Kings' run has been nothing short of amazing though. Luckily, the Coyotes have avoided getting swept.

At least they have that much to show for. Plus they still have a shot at lasting a bit longer.

KickAsh

halted development
Still gotta win 3 in a row to make the Finals. If Phoenix makes it and beats the Rangers, I guess it will soften the blow of the Caps losing a little bit. Here's hoping they can.
But I think the Kings deserve to win. Those guys are on fire.

ForeignDude

Oh my, Hockey fans!

Well that was a pretty sad ending to the Coyotes season. I really felt bad for them. Not sure if that should have been called a penalty or not. Brown does have the bad rep around him... Ah oh well. I'll be rooting for the Kings anyways because I'd like to see the cup go to a franchise that hasn't won it before.