• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NHL Thread

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
All of the Detroit teams play "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey rather often, though, for that one line "Born and raised in South Detroit," though. Just a fun fact.

I wonder how the band reacted when the SF Giants played the Tigers in the World Series...the band are fans of the SF Giants, they formed in San Fran

"Detroit Rock City" could make a good "second intermission stretch" song at Red Wings games.

Anyway I have faith that Detroit could win the Stanley Cup. I'm normally a Blue Jackets fan being from Ohio but they never usually make the playoffs.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
^ Lol, are you watching this game? If the Red Wings can't beat a team like the Blues, they have no business being anywhere near the Stanley Cup this season. Heck, if they're going to look this bad the entire season, they have no business being anywhere above last place in the NHL. Seriously, they've looked so bad, their farm team could probably beat them.

Oh, look, 6-0 Blues as I type this.

*sigh* Maybe I just need to face the facts. The Red Wings dynasty is over, and it's never coming back. The Red Wings are going to suck for years.
Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere else other than Michigan. Michigan has the crappiest sports teams ever. They were great in the past, but those days are gone.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
^ Lol, are you watching this game? If the Red Wings can't beat a team like the Blues, they have no business being anywhere near the Stanley Cup this season. Heck, if they're going to look this bad the entire season, they have no business being anywhere above last place in the NHL. Seriously, they've looked so bad, their farm team could probably beat them.

Oh, look, 6-0 Blues as I type this.

*sigh* Maybe I just need to face the facts. The Red Wings dynasty is over, and it's never coming back. The Red Wings are going to suck for years.
Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere else other than Michigan. Michigan has the crappiest sports teams ever. They were great in the past, but those days are gone.

I have generally liked reading your insight from the NFL thread. You take stuff a bit hard there sometimes, but you are smart and insightful and pleasant.

But damn... this moping about the Red Wings is borderline insufferable. For one thing, they got beat by the Blues, who are a favorite to reach and win the Stanley Cup this year. So there are worse teams to lose to.

Secondly, it was ONE GAME. It's not like the Red Wings had never lost a game before or even ever been blown out. It happens to everyone.

And finally, I'll be blunt with this one: Ain't no one in the damn world going to feel bad for the Red Wings if they have an off-year or ten. They made the playoffs over TWENTY YEARS IN A ROW, most of the years as a home ice seed. They've won, what, 3 or 4 Cups and made it to at least two other Finals. From 1991 to 2012, they did not miss a single post-season, and they were THE most dominant franchise in sports over that period.

If you're REALLY convinced one loss against a probable powerhouse is your entire season, then at least appreciate what you had for YOUR ENTIRE LIFESPAN (I checked your age on your profile).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I haven't been a sports fan my entire life. In fact, I only got into sports recently, and I've only gotten to enjoy the Red Wings since like... 2010? They were showing signs of decline then. That said, you're right. I overreacted. As on the NFL board, I have the tendency to post with my emotions without taking the time to logically think about things, a habit I'm going to try to kick starting with Monday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
I've calmed down now, though. I promise, and I apologize for overreacting.

And I guess I had just convinced myself that the Blues were a fluke last year. That Ken Hitchcock was the sole reason they were any good (and let's be honest, Ken Hitchcock is a coaching genius who could probably get an AHL team in the playoffs; he's that good of a coach), and that this year, everyone would figure them out, and they wouldn't be as good as they were this year. Also, I have (somehow) convinced myself that losing Lidstrom wouldn't make that much of an impact on the Red Wings, yet the proof is in the pudding. It has made an impact in the past. Like there was one game last year, where Lidstrom was injured while the Wings were playing the Montreal Canadiens. They lost 7-2 to the second worst team in the Eastern Conference without Lidstrom.
Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking there.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Reall shame the red wings lost, I hope they do better for the remaining games.
They have to.

I give them a week. If things aren't back on track by then, they probably won't make the playoffs.

They looked almost TOO awful yesterday, though. Like, the Grand Rapids Griffins could have played the Blues better than them, bad. They can't be that bad, right? *knocks on wood*

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
They have to.

I give them a week. If things aren't back on track by then, they probably won't make the playoffs.

They looked almost TOO awful yesterday, though. Like, the Grand Rapids Griffins could have played the Blues better than them, bad. They can't be that bad, right? *knocks on wood*

My team is Calgary who also lost >_> I hope they eventually turn things around and Kiprusoff starts dominating..

Hudsonn98

The Sabres (my team) had an awesome rally against the Flyers. Five to two in the third. If we keep it up, maybe the Sabres won't screw it up this time!!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Lighten up will you... You can't give up faith just because of that pathetic lost. And Detroit/Michigan is far from having the worst teams out there, except maybe the Lions (but that's getting off topic) Trust me, I believe the Wings can step it up

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, after watching tonight's game, I certainly feel silly now for overreacting there, and again, I apologize for it. Like I said, posting with my emotions, not with logic.

Ugly win against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I'll take it. I'd like to see them beat a slightly better team, though. Next up is their home opener against the Dallas Stars, and the Wings are one of, if not the most dominant home team in hockey. We'll see how that one goes. In any case, at least they're not last in the Central anymore.

Also, that last shootout goal by Damien Brunner was beautiful. Kudos to Ken Holland for getting him.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well Sid isn't playing game 1 of the playoffs tonight. That's so awesome. I wish I made so much money for going to my job 40% of the time.

Vernikova

Champion
Another year, another playoff failure for the Rangers. Let's try the reverse jinx for this one.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Red Wings had a bad game and lost their first game to the Ducks. Whatever. They haven't won their first road playoff game since the '90s, and that never stopped them. Not that I think the Wings are going to win the Stanley Cup or anything, but it would be nice to see them not see a first round exit, like last year.

I don't like the Ducks anyway.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm already horribly pessimistic for the Leafs. Loss in 5.

Vernikova

Champion
Why give them the benefit of the doubt for one game? Calling a three-game sweep with forfeiture in the fourth.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Red Wings had a bad game and lost their first game to the Ducks. Whatever. They haven't won their first road playoff game since the '90s, and that never stopped them. Not that I think the Wings are going to win the Stanley Cup or anything, but it would be nice to see them not see a first round exit, like last year.

I don't like the Ducks anyway.
Sucks they blew the lead last night, but still ended up winning in overtime