• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Metagross...Meteorite.

Star Dust

live let live.
Haha. I named my gyarados garydos.
Why? I'll never know......
But i think i did that cause i think the only thing that comes out of gary's mouth is hot air, similar to my gyarados.
And there's Bibby for my Blissey. And raichu, pichoochoo. :D

Think Togepi

Here I Am.
Is there a place to nickname or change their name back, in D/ Pearl?

mawile_lover1993

Tactics Play Trainer
Is there a place to nickname or change their name back, in D/ Pearl?
It's at the first floor of the Eterna City Condo

Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy
For what it's worth, I think this is a good idea! Nice thinking, Mawile.
Thank you very much for the comment.

Xion_Master

Helloween Rocks!
mmmm here are some nicknames:
Mismagius-Helloween
Rampardos-SkullTyrnt(Tyrny beacuse there was no more space for tyrAnt lol)
Zangoose-MC_Blood

mmm do you have any good name for a Vaporeon,Dragonite or Foretress?

Scenice

~ Grace ~
I usually don't nickname, but sometimes I do for fun. Started my Diamond yesterday and called my Chimchar Info ^^

I nicknamed my Lucario Rukio, my male Riolu Adiuvo, and my female Riolu Rilara. That's it basically though.

I named my Ninetales Kitsune
I named my DDGyara Orochi
I named my Froslass Yukimenoko

Just some of mine. ^

Xain

The Psychic Savior
Back in the 3rd gen i didn't name my pokemon. I cant remember why i started doing it this gen but i enjoy the process.

In no particular order:

Muk: The Muk--Just because Muk is such an awesome name.

Torkoal: Asher--an appropriate name for what it does

Medicham: Godhand--Self-explanatory

Empoleon: Bonaparte--Sounds cool and fits perfectly.

Driftblim: Goodyear--my friend helped me with this one. Goodyear has been pretty good to me too.

Magnezone: Thundadome--Me and my friends where talking about Mad Max one day and the rest is history

Gallade: Sir Gawain-- If you studied British Literature then you don't need to read this....It's from a story called "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" that's part of the Arthurian legend. (King Arthur) he represents both characters of course.

Weavile: Shifty--i know this awesome Halo player that goes by the name of Shifty....sounded cool so i stole it.

Hippowdon: QuakerOats--Awesome x10. He was the last of my stable to get a nick. My friend suggested Quaker...i then said "no. Quaker Oats!"

Staraptor: Rawk Hawk-- He will RAWWWWKKK you! (especially after i re-breed him) If you haven't caught on by now, i took the name from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Froslass: Yuki--it begged for a Japanese name so it got one....the first part of its own JP name.

Dusknoir: Grimy-- Instead of going sinister, i decided to go a bit cute. i think it suits him fine.

Magmortar: Piros: If there was one pokemon i could name..it would be him...i can't pronounce Magmortar to save my life. anyway...because of the stigma that surrounds poor Piros, I named him after a character from the .hack series who no one likes. This character is also big and hideous.

Leafeon: Digitalius-- Ah now i remember why i named my pokemon...it was because of this awesome name i thought up. Its the scientific name for plants or flowers. However the spelling is taken from a ship called the "B-1A" from R-type Final.

Now your probably wondering (or not), "hey, Gardevoir Avatar, Gardevoir sig...where the Gardevoir?" Well, the one i use is my awesome one from emerald so i never named it. besides....Whats a better name than Gardevoir?

Back in the 3rd gen i didn't name my pokemon. I cant remember why i started doing it this gen but i enjoy the process.

In no particular order:

Muk: The Muk--Just because Muk is such an awesome name.

Torkoal: Asher--an appropriate name for what it does

Medicham: Godhand--Self-explanatory

Empoleon: Bonaparte--Sounds cool and fits perfectly.

Driftblim: Goodyear--my friend helped me with this one. Goodyear has been pretty good to me too.

Magnezone: Thundadome--Me and my friends where talking about Mad Max one day and the rest is history

Gallade: Sir Gawain-- If you studied British Literature then you don't need to read this....It's from a story called "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" that's part of the Arthurian legend. (King Arthur) he represents both characters of course.

Weavile: Shifty--i know this awesome Halo player that goes by the name of Shifty....sounded cool so i stole it.

Hippowdon: QuakerOats--Awesome x10. He was the last of my stable to get a nick. My friend suggested Quaker...i then said "no. Quaker Oats!"

Staraptor: Rawk Hawk-- He will RAWWWWKKK you! (especially after i re-breed him) If you haven't caught on by now, i took the name from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Froslass: Yuki--it begged for a Japanese name so it got one....the first part of its own JP name.

Dusknoir: Grimy-- Instead of going sinister, i decided to go a bit cute. i think it suits him fine.

Magmortar: Piros: If there was one pokemon i could name..it would be him...i can't pronounce Magmortar to save my life. anyway...because of the stigma that surrounds poor Piros, I named him after a character from the .hack series who no one likes. This character is also big and hideous.

Leafeon: Digitalius-- Ah now i remember why i named my pokemon...it was because of this awesome name i thought up. Its the scientific name for plants or flowers. However the spelling is taken from a ship called the "B-1A" from R-type Final.

Now your probably wondering (or not), "hey, Gardevoir Avatar, Gardevoir sig...where the Gardevoir?" Well, the one i use is my awesome one from emerald so i never named it. besides....Whats a better name than Gardevoir?

Very good nick names
I just named my Infernape "Gokazaru"

Also, I saw one person who named their Castform "Popo". Popo is the nick name of a pokemon in a manga.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
Steel/Rock type with Adamant nature: Adamantite

Sceptile: Geico

(Insert Pokemon you can't think of a nickname for here): No name

Status
Not open for further replies.