• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empoleon: Stalin (Stalin means "Man of steel" in Russian. I might just be steel though, idk)
Torterra: Anguirus (Toho monster that resembles a Torterra)
Infernape: Flare or Firestorm (That's what I name all my Fire starters)

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
I rarely nickname, but my Ditto is named Dugley.
The others are stupid stuff like Pikachu I called "uggly butt" (Excuse spelling, this was based on the Pikachu i had in Pokemon Yellow)

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
lol; i didn't gave a nickname to pokemon in any game except for 3 pokemon in emerald
marshtomp: swampy
loudred: ASD
a shell witch i evolved into gorebys i don't remember how it's called: BIGSHELL
marshtomp and loudred were part of my E4 party :D

in the mistery dungeon, i named me(squrtle) napoleon and my cikorita partner hitler XD

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
(commander BlitzKreig) Stalin isn;t even a real Russian name...it don';t mean nothing (I'm Russian) he was just a communist dictator (but it makes sense though lol).

i like giving human names to my Pokemon...like....i don;t know. i usually give them names from japanese anime.
*go Itachi!*

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
I called my Lucario "Shadow" once I evolved my Riolu.

LucaEddeh

Lucario Ashamer :D
I usually gives nicknames to my main pokes I use though most ends up with random/weird/silly names, sometimes more realistic names. That or just what I see them as, like my Kangaskhan, they're big mommies with baby in the pouch...so I named her Big Momma. :/
The thing is I never see the pokémons as creatures someone trained but a rpg-styled group of six pokémons that happens to wander the world for no reason. It's weird like that.

CataclysmX7

*Old School Trainer*
I give my guys nicknames sometimes. I have a Pidgeot named Skydra and I named my ditto after my real name, because then it says I transform into stuff and attack. Its corny but fun. That's my thinking.

Water_Duke

Love Sky Forme
I like Nicknames. I don't nickname all of my pokemon, but if I feel like it, I will nickname one.

Vileplume-Rafflessia(Vileplume's name in Protuguese[I'm Portuguese that's why], French, etc..)

Buneary-Mimzy

Ninetails-Cynthia

Pikachu-Kixapuch (It sounds cool, it's like the Kingdom Hearts thing because Organization XIII's names are anagrams of their human counterpart with an 'X' added somewhere)

I have a shiny Cyndaquil, and I was going to name it Basil, just because I thought it fit well, but then I remembered that Basil is green....so I was considering Mace, but i don't know anymore.

Any suggestions?

Cool Frood

<-- Feelin' Blue...
I like the Japanese name, Hinoarashi. This means "fire storm."

I also like Basil, it sounds cute :D

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
I nicknamed my Crobat, Frightful. And my Umbreon, Tsuki.

;006;

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
I usually name my Typhlosion its japanese name before I always migrate it to my Diamond.

"Bakuphoon"

Water_Duke

Love Sky Forme
I like the Japanese name, Hinoarashi. This means "fire storm."

I also like Basil, it sounds cute :D

I was going to use its' Japanese name, but I always nickname my pokemon Japanese words or names, so I was thinking Fruit, Flowers, or Spices and Seasonings. Plus, Dried Basil Leaves are of a reddish tint right?

Fly8888

Lucario Fanatic
My Staraptor is named Riley, I don't know why, it just came to me.
My Blaziken was named Chicken,
and my Swampert was named Muddy.

LolEcksDee

I'm a nub
My Blissey is called Ignorance. Lol, like they say, "ignorance is bliss".

Kass

>: D Well, I just watched the first three episodes of Star Wars last weekend and while I was catching Heatran, I was joking with my friend that I should cll it Anikin. But I didn't because I really think that would've been in bad taste and I'll never use the pokemon anyway.

Duraza

The Mad Irishman
haha, I was obsessed with 300 for a while, and named my new-caught Machop Leonidas :p

Status
Not open for further replies.