• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
I never nicknamed any off my pokemon except my Blastoise in Blue (forgot what it was though). But the thing that really gets me angry are the nicknames for the pokemon you trade in-game eg. Farfetch'D = CH'DING? WTF?!?

VenoSpyder

I'll bite you...
Spheal - Chip
Empoleon - Pengin (=P)
Staraptor - Birdy (?_?)
Garchomp - Rocket
Blaziken - Blazey (it sounded original when it was a Torchic ;_;)
Dialga - Dracolyth
Heatran - Vulcan (?)
Metagross - MetaMage
Giratina - Giragon (sister's fault =P)

Need ideas for Lucario's nickname ;_;

Romke

Dutch Trainer
I am planning to nickname my porygon-Z ; DualLayer
Because I just bought 5 DualLayer DVD's
What do you think of it?

Last edited:
Hey, this is my first post =]

Before my game was erased by accident i had these nicknames...

Chimchar - Zippo
Pachirisu - Ecstasy
Zubat - StevyWondr [ idk...hes blind...sorta... ]

When I get my chager back to start a new game I don't want a Chimchar, I want a Turtwig but I haven't come up with anything good. i'd really like a shiny Turtwig but I don't want to waste my time trying to get it. (I don't even know if you can get shiny starters...Pretty sure you can)

Chii

First Time Cosplayer
Sometimes i name then according to their type or parts of their names.. Like :

Turtwig~ Twiggy

StarRaptor~ Starry

Blaziken~ Blaze

They Sorta Childish, But My Friend Has A NickName For his Infernape:

~FlameoGorin

One More Of Mine

Ampharos~ Amped

I like that u can give them nicknames, i just cant find the right ones.. any ideas?

~Chii~

jaxonferz

Hey, this is my first post =]

Before my game was erased by accident i had these nicknames...

Chimchar - Zippo
Pachirisu - Ecstasy
Zubat - StevyWondr [ idk...hes blind...sorta... ]

When I get my chager back to start a new game I don't want a Chimchar, I want a Turtwig but I haven't come up with anything good. i'd really like a shiny Turtwig but I don't want to waste my time trying to get it. (I don't even know if you can get shiny starters...Pretty sure you can)

u can. soft reset. anyway my infernape is inferno. my luxray is thunder my rhyperior is superior my dusknoir is dusk my kingler is nortic(a beach place in my area) and my salamence is Warren(meaning gods warrior or sumthin. all of my evees are named after egyptian/roman/greece gods. then there is my first shiny( a shiny dodrio i caught in leafgreen) whos name is.... shiny... those are all i remember.

Hoshikuzu

Too many Eevees! D:
Gardevoir - Melody
Skitty/Delcatty - Seiza
Absol - Shiro
Nidorina - Nina
Cherrim - Sakura .... -_-;
Torterra - Tortilla (It... it sounds kinda similar, so.. xD)

Um... I also once named a Weedle 'Arceus' just for the heck of it. xD Really though, I don't like nicknaming my pokemon in D/P much for some reason. >.> None of the one I really use have any except for my cherrim, but... I think I might change it.

Last edited:

LtSurge91

i usually name them after UFC nicknames like
Butterfree-Killa B
Blastoise-Warmachine
Scyther-Assassin
Pinsir-Maximus
Electivre-Rampage
Lapras-Iceman
Garchomp-Beastman
Rhyperior-The Natural
Hippowdon-Sandman
Metagross-Juggernaut

u can. soft reset. anyway my infernape is inferno. my luxray is thunder my rhyperior is superior my dusknoir is dusk my kingler is nortic(a beach place in my area) and my salamence is Warren(meaning gods warrior or sumthin. all of my evees are named after egyptian/roman/greece gods. then there is my first shiny( a shiny dodrio i caught in leafgreen) whos name is.... shiny... those are all i remember.

What's a "soft reset"?
and if the Turtwig, or any of the three for that matter do end up being shiny... will they show up as shiny when I'm choosing my starter out of the breifcase?

shinygroudon232

I plead the 5th!!
Soft resetting is just saving in front of, say legendary or one-of pokemon before battling it, and if its not shiny, you just turn the game off and battle it again until it winds up being shiny. you can do the same for starter pokemon, all you have to do is just save right before you choose your starter.

zigzagoon=ziggy
slowbro=special
Psyduck=yellowy
Dugtrio=Browny

Browny....

I don't usually name my Pokemon unless I restart a game, and then I have to name EVERY ONE for the sake of my OCD sanity. And they all have to be in a certain manner, like Oddish being Plume, Charmander being Riza, ect. And if I can't think of anything cool that fits for something I've caught, power off and restart.

As for D/P, I started off a Diamond game with Emp the Piplup and Raptor the Starly, then restarted because I was already doing the same with FireRed.

But that's my unoriginal method, anyway.

But asdf.

Last edited:

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
I nickname shinies and favorite pokemon, or pokemon that look like they need a nickname.
Shiny roselia: Dark petal
Charmander: Flames
Execute: Eggs

graymonkey0

graymonk
i only nickname my ev trained pokes

weavile- bandit
porygon z- macro
ludicolo- washout
gengar- nightmare
skarmory- IronRaptor
tyranitar- DMreX

Ghost_Hunter

I ussually don't nickname Pokemon(even when I intend to) but the other day I caught a Starly in the Safari Zone by accident so I nicknamed it McLovin(I was watching Superbad). I have a Feraligator that I named Hydro from Colloseum, he has a horrible moveset. I'll probably just evolve the Croconaw I hatched(evolved it for the Pokedex data) and train that one instead. I've been thinking about giving my Luxray the nickname Simba. And I had a few others that I just can't think of at the moment.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I used to never nickname my Pokemon, but ever since R/S I have. I always nickname them now. I'm not going to tell you all of them since that's like thousands of Pokemon, but yeah.

I plan on catching a whole bunch of Spinda and making a Spinda Mafia, can anybody give me some really good Spinda nicknames? Male AND Female names, and some that are gender neutral please [you know, like Dizzy. Not really a name, so it's gender neutral].

Status
Not open for further replies.