• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnmonster

Ghost from the Past
what's a good nickname for Infernape, and i'm looking for something different but that makes sense. Thanks
Rafiki. Just kidding. :p
How about Dante? You know, like in Dante's Inferno? Or is it too cliché? I think it sounds cool. Better anyway than the one I'm stuck with, since my Infernape is from GTS and its name is CHIMCHAR2.

mew801

i never nickname my pokemon, i think its a bit stupid. they suit their proper names

I am known to nickname my pokemon after anime characters. Like My two Glaceons-to-be are names Ren and Ai, and my Froslass to be's name is Yukihana.

If anyone knows the name of the nime those three are from, you'll win a special prize.

kittylitter

pikachow the pikachu

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I usually nickname my pokemon based on their Japanese name, what kind of Pokemon they are, or on anime or video game characters. For example, I have a female shiny Flygon...and since it's known as the Mystic Pokemon, I named her Mystikka. Two other examples: in PMD2 I named my partner (which is now an Empoleon) Peruto, which Empoleon's Japanese name is Enperuto and I have a recruitment named Midna (from the Zelda video game Twilight Princess), which is my Froslass.

PK

SO BEAUTIFUL!!
I usually nick name my pokemon a slightly wierd way...

You see I rearrange the pokemons (Final evolution) japanese names till well it suits my taste.

ex.

Pikachu: Churai

Turtwig: Tatiosdo

kittylitter

pikapoop the pikachu

SkarmoryTen

Fire Trainer
Pretty much always nicknamed mine.
Spooky the Furret, Alice the Gengar, Checkers the Infernape, Arro the Quilava
Skeeter the Skarmory and (French) Fry the Ampharos

I have loads of nicknamed pokemon
my starter empoleon is called Jazz
My hm slave is called HM Slave (lol)
Staravia is called Stars
Luxray is called Sparx
My team is a blissey called Backstabbr
A Shiny milotic called Sunset
A Garchomp called Your dead
A Gengar called Nightmare
Skarmory called Swift Sky
I also have others like a Bronzong named Beyond
A Dusknoir named Gh0StLy
And I have a habbit of calling legendaries their name but in lowercase for example: HEATRAN is caled Heatran on my game
And I only do that for legendaries. Makes them special.
And I nickname my shinies. Like my Shiny Mr mime is called Ballavoida as it took so many god damn balls to get it. My Shiny Shinx Is called Furry :) X
My Graveler is called Exsplozion (Meant to be spelt like that)
Ok, I'm done.

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
Here are some of mine:
STARMIE - RoyalJewel
LUCARIO - CaptFalcon
INFERNAPE - FireFalcon
SNORLAX - Mmm..Donut

Not the best, would of named my BLAZIKEN RoastChikn, but it was transferred from Emerald so too late!

Rupikos

Meals on Wheels!?
I rearrage the letters of the Pokemon's names to see if I can make funny names or catchy names that sound cool.

Rupikos - Skorupi.
Sloshel - Shellos
Zuralli - Azumarill
Ricketto - Kricketot
Zefla - Azelf
Earthan - Heatran
Tangme - Metang
Luroi - Riolu
Pippoh - Hoppip
Melun - Numel.

Some of them are just random letters.

LucaEddeh

Lucario Ashamer :D
I start using a new nicknaming method but it still in the rather dumb vein... my main lucario is named Lucaritard. I just don't know, I love giving stupidfier name to my pokes cause I always imagine them as a bunch of idiots (probably due to me...)

Melun - Numel.
They...they are also somewhat melon colored. :D

Last edited:

Rupikos

Meals on Wheels!?
LOL,

Descripion for Numel -
Melon with four legs and a face.

Rupikos

Meals on Wheels!?
LOL,

Descripion for Numel -
Melon with four legs and a face.

some of my awesome names

dodrio--triplekill
starmie--mehlazaar
garchomp--oneofakind
gengar--***shire
Blissey--sheila (its a rvb thing)
Slowking--da king
absol--roflknife
shiny latias--latius
shiny latios--laties

Hamo

Ev trainer
some of my awesome names

dodrio--triplekill
starmie--mehlazaar
garchomp--oneofakind
gengar--***shire
Blissey--sheila (its a rvb thing)
Slowking--da king
absol--roflknife
shiny latias--latius
shiny latios--laties

is that like swearing or something?

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good nick for my brand new Charizard. Thought about Ryu, but it seems too short and boring.

Any help would be great!

lol no its f-_-a-_-gshire

Status
Not open for further replies.