• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
What should i name my Electrive.I was thinking of electron but it does not sound so good so if you guys have better names,tell me.

I hope these will help, but try:

Energy, Wire, Ele-Fire, Electronic

the_eevee_breeder

Pokemon Breeder
Names names names...

Let's see... *works nickname magic*

Yannmega: Pest Killer... okay, but try to incorporate something about machinery...

Gible: Hmmmm. I think that fantasy names are best for dragon types... I just read a book with a dragon called Raedon, how's that?

Shiny Salamence: Is it a guy or a girl? I can't choose until I know.

Carnivine: Demeter. I like greek myths, and Demeter is the goddess of plants.

Venomoth: Dusken. Don't know why, but it seems to fit.

Female Ninetales: I have one named Mariko, try something like Natsuki or Mirele.

Male Quagsire: Try Flotsam, or Shoreus.

Cloyster: Leseee now.. Try Jetsam, or Darkperl.

*Nicknaming magic wears off*
That's all I got.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Flygon- Propeller, Wing, Gaze, Stunder (com. of Thunder and Storm/Sand)
Glaceon- Crystal, Kirsty, Frail, Diamonds
Zapdos- Zap It, Bolts, Zig Zap Zop, Zoom
Jirachi- Comet, Cosmo, Cosmic, Wishy, Bright

Ok how about you name your Flygon Ti-Lung, The Chinese Earth Dragon .

I nickname anything I use competitively, so I have like 50 Pokemon w/ nicknames. Here's a few:

Lucario: Iron Fisted
Arcticuno: Fridgidair
Nidoking: Baron Luis

I need some names too. Heres the Pokemon:

Magby
Phanphy
Leafeon
Carnivine
Treeko
Slowpoke
Dustox

If No one has gotten to this yet, I'll help you out. I do most of my nicknames in Swedish now, around 10/50 nicknamed so far, and I'm changing the ones I can at a steady rate.

Magby~ Branna (Burn); Barnen Av Eld (Child Of Fire); Vulkan (Volcano)
Phanphy~ Smuts (Dirt); Elefant (Elephant); Son Om Jord/Dotter Om Jord (Son Of Earth/Daughter Of Earth)
Leafeon~ Skog (Forest); Plantan Hund (Plant Dog); Lov Barnen (Leaf Child)
Carnivine~ Gud Av Plantera (God Of Plants); Vagglusen Atet (Bug Eater); Vin (Vine)
Treeko~ Gron Hud (Green Skin); Kvist Tugga (Twig Chewer); Trad Dvaljas (Tree Dweller)
Slowpoke~ Langsam Puff (Slow Poke); Steg Bakom (Step Behind); Lognaktig I Vanta (Lying In Wait)
Dustox~ Mal Av Raseri (Moth Of Fury); Toxin En Pa Himmelen (Toxin In The Sky); De Gamla Mask (Aged Maggot)

I remove all the accents, which may have changed the meaning of some of the words. Be wary if you are going to use these in battle against a Swede. Add spaces where necessary to make the longer ones fit.

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I don't nickname my Pokemon anymore. Once I nicknamed a female Geodude after my GF then she broke up with me about a month later. I hated nicknames after that

Utsukushii

B E L I E V E;;
Snorelax: subway

Lol.

I've always named mine after Gods/Goddesses/Legendary Figures (mostly asian)

I've always liked the name Amaterasu (shining over heaven, goddess of the sun) for Ninetales. :3 Or Kyuubi (Ninetales.). (lol.)

And with Infernape Sarutobi. (Famous ninja, name meaning 'Monkey jump')

one last name i need:

-Claydol

I can do that!

Claydol~ Hundra Oga (Hundred Eyes); Docka Av Lera (Doll Of Clay); Sten Fågel (Stone Bird)

Hope you like!

I'm looking for a nickname for a Ledyba Male...any thoughts?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I nickname anything I use competitively, so I have like 50 Pokemon w/ nicknames. Here's a few:

Lucario: Iron Fisted
Arcticuno: Fridgidair
Nidoking: Baron Luis

If No one has gotten to this yet, I'll help you out. I do most of my nicknames in Swedish now, around 10/50 nicknamed so far, and I'm changing the ones I can at a steady rate.

Magby~ Magmos

I remove all the accents, which may have changed the meaning of some of the words. Be wary if you are going to use these in battle against a Swede. Add spaces where necessary to make the longer ones fit.

Name your magby Magmos!

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I always nickname pokemon that I'm planning on using It makes it more personal. ^__^

Some of my nicknames of note are:
Slamsady the Dragonite
Ruble the Arcanine
Bird Flu the Lapras

...Er... They all have stories behind them, sort of. Slamsady was what I nicknamed a dragonite on yellow which was the first pokemon I ever manually trained to level 100. Ruble was my cousin's golden retriever's name. As for Bird Flu, it has pokerus and I thought it was a random/funny nickname. XDD

I have a lot of other ones, those are just the fist that came to mind.

EDIT: I also have a Garchomp named Sassafras because it has a sassy nature. My friends made fun of me for that one. xD

Last edited:

Romke

Dutch Trainer
I namd my Porygon Dual-Layer

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
The best possible names for the Porygon line are all related and are what they should have been called if whoever was responsible for the English names was as clever as me (although not even I would've come up with Relicanth):

Porygon - Cybird
Porygon2 - Cybird 2.0
PorygonZ - Cybird DX

Oh yes, you know these names are the best.

Romke

Dutch Trainer
The best possible names for the Porygon line are all related and are what they should have been called if whoever was responsible for the English names was as clever as me (although not even I would've come up with Relicanth):

Porygon - Cybird
Porygon2 - Cybird 2.0
PorygonZ - Cybird DX

Oh yes, you know these names are the best.

They are nice. When I am going to breed a porygon Cybird will be his nickname

Status
Not open for further replies.