• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookist

I normally dont use nicknames since i cant come up with any good ones (swampert=man fish)

Mupen64 Man

Hitmonlee
Yep, I named My Porygon2 Mr. Rogers, I named my Shiny Victreebell Mr. LeafMan, Named my Himonlee Bruce Lee, and so on. I Nickname mostly all of my Pokemon.

I've only nicknamed my future Wi-Fi team:

-Charizard is Charcos
-Umbreon is DarkNight
-Ampharos is Neon
-Jynx is Smoochi
-Gastrodon is Slugster
-Porygon-Z is Virus

chubb-o-wub

marowak - skellybone
clefable - "she" (VERY FUNNY!)
blastoise - dude
victreebel - cool whip
magmortar - omgwtfbbq
magnezone - voltz

CyanFox27

I nickname every single Pokemon I get, usually on sight and normally based on the first thing that pops into my head. I sometimes name them after video game or anime characters (I have a Gallade named Saionjii, a Glaceon named Edea, and a Lopunny named Fran), but usually I just name them based on the first thing that pops into my head (I have an Electrike named Missy, because she just looked like a 'Missy', a Cloyster named Icee, a Smeargle named Da Vinci, a Froslass named Aiko...) I always end up with a lot of female Pokemon for some reason...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Marill:Zoomy
Mime jr.: tappy
Pikachu: Chewy

bearfish

The Constant Decay
Useful-Bidoof
Banana-Infernape

I stopped giving nicknames, now I just lowercase their names.
ex-Charizard
Its easier on the eyes

pikapokepower

I'm not a fan of nicknaming my pokémon. However, In Diamond I have a Piplup that I'm not going to evolve and I nicknamed it Pochama since I love that name.

so u named your piplup piplup just in japanese?

Demented Kirlia

I Rarely Post
Torterra: Irwin. Mostly because Turtwig reminded me of Irwin from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I think it was in that one Halloween episode where Irwin dressed up as a turtle. It'd be kickass if I got a Cleffa and named her Mandy.

Luxray: Shadow. She has a disturbing similarity to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Gastrodon: Sparklies. Because she was a shiny Shellos when I caught her.

Drifloon: Floon. The only nickname I could think of. Floooon.

Lopunny: Paris. I really want a new nickname for her, but I can't think of anything else! *is distraught*

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well i know it is odd but here is my top 12 weirdest names of all times

12.- T-kiss - togekiss thunder wave strategy, also have a togekiss with the name hot-cake because it knows flametrower and it looks like a hot cake
11.- Eleonor - Gardevoir
10.- Lorelei - Vaporeon female
9.- Kingpink - shinny male weavile(the reason goes with my avatar)
8.- Link - Gallade
7.- Goku - infernape
6.- Ryu - Lucario
5.- Claire - milotic
4.- Mr T - Machamp
3.- Chuck N. - Mister mime
2.- My cellphone number(i cant rmember it so it helps me to remember) - rayquaza (im not giving you my cellphone)
1.- Horny - Heracross Male, and Rypherior male. Heracros it has a big horn and rypherior it horn is bigger then the female one, you know that you just want it bigger just becase it looks cooler and more intimidating.

I know not so funny at all

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

12.- T-kiss - togekiss thunder wave strategy, also have a togekiss with the name hot-cake because it knows flametrower and it looks like a hot cake
11.- Eleonor - Gardevoir
8.- Link - Gallade
7.- Goku - infernape
6.- Ryu - Lucario
5.- Claire - milotic
4.- Mr T - Machamp
2.- My cellphone number(i cant rmember it so it helps me to remember) - rayquaza (im not giving you my cellphone)
1.- Horny - Heracross Male, and Rypherior male. Heracros it has a big horn and rypherior it horn is bigger then the female one, you know that you just want it bigger just becase it looks cooler and more intimidating.

I know not so funny at all

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

11.- Eleonor - Gardevoir
8.- Link - Gallade
7.- Goku - infernape
6.- Ryu - Lucario
5.- Claire - milotic
4.- Mr T - Machamp

I know not so funny at all. i almost forgot my swampert - Swampster and brellom - punchy

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
Medicham- Sammer.
Blaziken- Goku.
Drifblim- Floon.
Azumarill- Brooke.
Honchkrow- Giovanni.
Roserade- Croacus.
Luxray- Simba.
Clefable- Kirby.
Empoleon- King Dedede
Slaking- yomama