• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nicknaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guvie00

Noob Collector
I try name all my Poke,

I seem to try name them using the first letter of the Pokemon....
i.e. T.J. = Turtwig, Silvester = Snowrunt, Mizray = Mantine, Cindar = Charmander. But if/when a Poke evolves it just gets stuck with the same name it had when it started i.e. Plunder = Donphan

Kojinka

An Inside Joke
I named my Luxray Vegeta before I lent my Pearl version to a friend.
Palkia was Godzilla
Piplup was Pengin (from the Chinpokomon episode of South Park)

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
I just nicknamed a few of my Pokémon I finished EV training and I'm not too keen on them. Could someone think of better ones? They're called:

Seren, My Starmie. Seren is Welsh for star. :)
Amaranth. My Roserade after the song I was listening to by Nightwish I think it's also some Greek flower.

superjesus1

Any suggestions for the name of my Mamoswine, Dusknoir and Gliscor? All of them are male btw. Thank s for any suggestion given :D

Manamanah

landing fail
You could name your Gliscor "Bram" after Bram Stoker, the person who wrote Dracula.
Dusknoir-->Ghost (not to much thought into that one)
Mamoswine--> Mamopigs (swine=pigs)

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
any other nicknames?

:D Mellisa?

superjesus1 said:
Any suggestions for the name of my Mamoswine, Dusknoir and Gliscor? All of them are male btw. Thank s for any suggestion given

Dino - Mamoswine
Darkness - Dusknoir
AJ - Gliscor

Hm,how about those?
Or,Maxie for the Mamoswine,and Raito for the Dusknoir?

Last edited:
I always nicknamed my pokemon, ever sense I was a wee boy with Red version.
In recent years I've taken to either tributing the names to people or characters such as Ike -> Infernape. or having a theme like in FireRed is Greek and Roman Gods such as Apollo -> Charizard, Aries -> Primeape, and Poseidon -> Vaporian and Emerald is based on Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy [Ford -> Manectric and so on]

Inalina

Gyaaa! I nicknamed PKMN since Sapphire.. Althogh i am still doin it!
Lopunny=Mimi
Honchkrow=Murky
Roserade= Roselass (coz it cooperate with Frostlass)
Frostlass= Frostrade (same but to Roserade)
Bibarel= Bobrik (its alternate Polish name for beaver... but somewat sweet... something like beaver-chan :p)
Lucario(F)= Rie
Voltorb- KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR XDXD
Edning with funny thingie, looking for next nicks here.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
whats the japanese name 4 prinplup?
Pochama I belive, and I nicknamed my Piplup Pengui because it sounded like Penguin =D I'm so creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.