• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ninja PokeShowdown (032)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ha, I loved Venonat, the way it ran circles around Ash & co. I also loved the boobytraps, like the glass panes and the collapsible wall. The best part was the trick room bit with Team Rocket. Awesome.

Bulbasaur was good against Aya, but I personally loved Charmander vs Golbat more. Ember was a neat move, but the battle was just too quick. Golbat fell too easily. I wish they would've had a seperate episode for it, but no matter. It was still fun to watch.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great battles, especially the battle with Bulbasaur.

Koga was not so good gym leader. i was disappointed from him.

5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved how Ash, Misty, and Brock went around looking for Fuschia City, and then the Gym itself is in a forest outside of the city :/

The Gym itself was like a fun house. I loved the ninja traps Koga set up. The battle with Aya was almost on par with a gym battle.

I wish Koga had put up a tougher fight though. 9/10

JohnLee

I loved how Ash, Misty, and Brock went around looking for Fuschia City, and then the Gym itself is in a forest outside of the city :/

The Gym itself was like a fun house. I loved the ninja traps Koga set up. The battle with Aya was almost on par with a gym battle.

I wish Koga had put up a tougher fight though. 9/10

I thought they were all going to die in that gym! Crazy. I think that he did a pretty good job considering that Ash had already battled Aya, who he thought was the gym leader.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
The traps in this episode was awesome! The invisible walls made me laugh. & Aya with her ninja stars.....lol. Venonat was pretty cool. The fact that Koga's evolved as soon as it came out of it's pokeball was really amazing. A really good episode & one of my favorite gym battles. Charmander's fire spin was pretty cool, i might add :)

I give this episode 10/10 :D

NES

Flip me to the side!
Koga is one of my favorite gym leaders, i didn't like him in this episode though, his party and his battle skills could been better.

As an episode it is not bad!, with Psyduck, team rocket and all these fun things happening it had to be good, it's just as a gym battle episode it fails :/.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
The Gym was so cool with all the twist and turns and traps in it. I also liked the battle against Aya more than the Koga one, he was kind of a pushover. Great episode though.

G50

No longer posting
This was the 1st episode I ever saw! I really liked it. The gym battle was really cool, and it was great seeing Psyduck finally use its special attacks - Disable and Confusion at the time.

69/100

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
dude, bulbasaur vs venonat was awesome.
i remember the first time i watched that episode, and i was like "whoa, whats that move?" when venonat used psybeam.
psyduck showing some sthrenght was also good.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
dude, bulbasaur vs venonat was awesome.
i remember the first time i watched that episode, and i was like "whoa, whats that move?" when venonat used psybeam.
psyduck showing some sthrenght was also good.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I loved the traps the gym had. It was funny seeing Ash get shocked by Voltorb and run into the invisble walls.

It was nice seeing Psyduck do something useful in this episode. I was glad to see that it can actually be quite powerful, and that it's more than a dumb duck.

I liked the gym battle at the end a lot because Charmander won it. ^_^

Aquarelle

Staff member
I wonder if he's made it into the Elite Four in the Anime yet.

If he is an Elite Four, I wonder if his sister is running the gym.
Because it looks like Janine doesn't exist in the anime universe. :p

kemal07

If he is an Elite Four, I wonder if his sister is running the gym.
Because it looks like Janine doesn't exist in the anime universe. :p

Yeah well Janine didn't exist anywhere when this episode was aired as GSC wasn't in sight. But I just hate the way Janine is the only gym leader that hasn't appeared its just like a missing puzzle piece.

Kdude146

the reason why I love this episode is cuz of team rocket dresed up as Kabuki I think Koga was kind of week

Vernikova

Champion
The gym battle was better than I remembered it. The only problem that I had with this episode was that Koga decided not to use Venmoth against Ash in the second battle and instead chose a Golbat. Aya wasn't that bad of a character either though she wasn't spectacular.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I think that this episode was quite good. I loved the Gym itself and how it was such a tricky one to get around in. The Gym battle though was a bit of a let down. Considering it's now the 6th Gym Leader, they could have made it more challenging for Ash. I like how they shoed Koga's sister in it. Nice to know a bit more about the Gym Leaders.

The weird ninja building was really cool, with all those tricks. When Ash was hanged on the door because of Aja's warp stars was good, and Ash got another undeserved badge: Pidgeotto lost to Venomoth, Venomoth was never oficially beaten, Charmander defeated Golbat. Psyduck was awesome and super funny in this episode. 10/10.