• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ninja PokeShowdown (032)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ninja PokéShowdown!

Entering what they think may be Fuchia Gym, Ash & co. get caught by loads of traps and confronted by a girl Aya and her Brother Koga. Can Ash battle them and get to the gym Leader?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

T

The Super Venonat King V

first of all, i really enjoy talking about the fisrt year, and this is my favourite ep, so...

Aya´s venonat s less experient than koga´s, but even in johto, after a long time, her venonat didn´t evolved! and it has stun spore and psybeam that are good moves

but maybe in cartoon each specie has some caracteristic moves, so no matter the level, the pkmn has it.. what do u think?

2) i think koga´s venonat(before evolving) had the same moves of aya´s venonat, cos she learns with him and they have the same pkmn

well, i hope that someone post here too...

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Koga was awesome. This episode had some nice quotes.

"Born in darkness, living in darkness, such is the fate of the ninja. I am Aya, ninja warrior"

"My Venonat has a great deal more experience..." I liked the way he said it.

The Kabuki scene with TR was cool.

8/10

V

vulpix

i think this episode was pretty good,i love Aya's Venonat.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
A great gym battle episode indeed. ^_^ I liked the overall Japanese theme the episode had too it, something rarely seen in the anime. The slapstick abuse of Ash throughout the begining was funny (poor guy XD), lots of new Pokemon introduced, and Psyduck, Charmander and Bulbsaur all battled incredably.

Koga seemed quite confident with his choice of Venonat when Ash sent in Pidgeotto. It was obvious that he knew his Venonat was on the verge of evolving so he knew it would be the best choice against Pidgeotto.

Team Rocket's Kabuki show was awesome as well, though I would have liked to see their Pokemon dressed up for it too. XD

Sebok

Banned
The pokedex said Golbat can drain an opponent's blood! I think that was the first and only time something related to gore was mentioned in the anime.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really HATE the kabuki motto (I think it's the only motto I hate!) because it's so bizarre, but otherwise this episode is pretty interesting. I like the gym with all its traps, especially the wall that fell out on Ash. That was a surprise. I also like Pikachu's reaction when Ash stepped on a voltorb and got shocked (that "chu chu" was so cute). It's also interesting that Team Rocket captured the voltorbs and kept from getting shocked, thanks to the webbing.

Also, I love Psyduck in this episode!!! :D :D :D It's great that he finally got to prove himself in battle, even though his attacks only work every so often. I love him, though. :)

Tazzler

Finally, pidgeotto was in a good gym battle but it loses w/o doing anything. Why did the writers hate pidgeotto?

R

Ryuko_pkmn

The problem here is that ash's bulbasuar uses whirlwind in the english version (?), I think they messed it up on the translation a little

too much

Last edited by a moderator:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Ryuko_pkmn said:
The problem here is that ash's bulbasuar uses whirlwind in the english version (?), I think they messed it up on the translation a little

too much
Actually, Satoshi orders Fushigidane to use whirlwind in the original version too.

V

Volt Tackle

I wished Venomoth actually battled more. Misty's *****ing at Psyduck was really annoying That was worse than Team Rocket ruining the gym.

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
i would be terrifide if i found myself in a building like that.....having said that thay didnt even check what the building was before thay went in