• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ninjask Pass Sweep [Revised]

Mock Z

Music Guru
Quick Look At The Team

;291; ;068; ;373; ;196; ;113; ;448;

Ninjask ;291;
Adamant Nature, Ability: Speed Boost
EV's: 248HP/244Def/16Speed
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute

The opening move on my team. Ninjask has the EV's on health to take on any starting attack if the opponent decides to be faster, or if my Ninjask is just naturally faster, he Subs to build up speed using Speed Boost. If there's time, throw in a couple Sword Dances for impending doom. X-Scissor for cover (what, you thought I'd have an all status Poke on my time?) Baton Pass at a reasonable time, considering the fact that he will be undeniably faster than anything. Baton Pass to Machamp.

Machamp ;068;
Jolly Nature, Ability: No Guard
EV's: 252HP/252Atk/4Speed
Moveset:
Substitute
DynamicPunch
Stone Edge
ThunderPunch

My physical sweep. With the Pass from Nin, his Speed should be atleast par with some of the fastest Poke out there, if not higher. Sub should allow for total sweepage, while DynaPunch is a great STAB 2HKO move, confusing at the same time. Stone Edge to deal with those pesky flying types and Thunderpunch for obvious coverage reasons.

Salamence ;373;
Jolly Nature, Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast

A back-up physical attacker, in case Machamp decides he wants to sit the rest of the match out. DD should make for some decent sweepage. Can't choose between the more reliable DClaw or the more powerful Outrage as a STAB move, but Earthquake and Flamethrower make use of his amazing move pool.

Espeon ;196;
Timid Nature, Ability: Magic Bounce
EV's: 252HP/4Def/252Speed
Item: Light CLay
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power [Fight]/Signal Beam/Baton Pass

This DW Espeon will reign supreme on the battlefield when it sets up Dual Screens. Although I can't decide whether to use Fight Hidden Power or Signal Beam for Dark coverage, it will only be for last resort to take out any opponents who decide to sweep through the rest of my team. This is my main Support Wall for the rest of my team. I plan to get Espeon in quick, set up Screens, and get out. I've been experimenting using Espeon and Chansey as opening moves to open up for Ninjask so as to take out the other team's opening moves by using Toxic or Thunder Wave, switching to Espeon Screener, screening, and moving on to Ninjask to set up the ultimate Machamp. Also, considering using Baton Pass so as to avoid Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail while keeping the Pass going.

Chansey ;113;
Bold Nature, Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Item: Eviolite
Heal Bell
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Toxic

My other Support Wall, Chansey will just become a royal pain. By paralyzing foes with Thunder Wave while at the same time Heal Belling the rest of my team to an annoying level and Softboiling itself just to be an awesome wall. Toxic to cripple even more and take care of those pesky Ground types that aren't named Gliscor.

Lucario ;448;
Timid nature, Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 252SpAtk/4SpD/252Sp
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Vacuum Wave

Special attacker, covering practically everything with Aura and Shadow while becoming a beast with Nasty Plot. Vacuum Wave (which I've recently discovered is a very difficult move to obtain considering I hate breeding) is a nice priority move.

Last edited:

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I get that it's under construction, but I can already tell you one very important thing about this team: it needs something to check phazers with Roar/Whirlwind/whatever and Taunters. I have shut down teams very similar to this one with both moves.

Just be aware of that, and GL on finishing the team.

Mock Z

Music Guru
I get that it's under construction, but I can already tell you one very important thing about this team: it needs something to check phazers with Roar/Whirlwind/whatever and Taunters. I have shut down teams very similar to this one with both moves.

Just be aware of that, and GL on finishing the team.

Thank you for the patience, the wait is up, and quite quickly, too! :D

What changes would you consider? The only thing I'm worried about phazers is them bringing out my Ninjask which cannot hold on its own in the offensive sense, and it can Sub only for so long. Pardon my noobishness, but why should this build be especially afraid of Taunters? I lose my Support Walls, but I can still use brute force and sweep with the attackers I have established: Mach, Sal, and Lux. Not as dependable and strategy kinda goes out the window but...what would you suggest?

Quagsireking

I am the king!
Your main threat here are the ghost types that tend to use will O wisp. They can cripple a good portion of your team, so you may want a pokemon with taunt.

Last edited:

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Here's why Passing teams like this are scared of taunters: Once the primary passer(s) have been taunted (so that they can only use attacking moves), then their whole team falls apart.

Like I said, I have shut down entire teams with taunt and phasing moves.

Looking at your team right now, you really don't depend too much on passing, which is a VERY good thing. In fact, you probably won't have too many problems with taunters/ phasers (except Skarmory, who is infamous for using whirlwind and Stealth Rock/Spikes to mess up passing teams).

If taunters/phasers worry you at all, consider Espeon with Magic Bounce, as their phasing attack (bar Dragon Tail) or Taunt will be bounced right back at them. Other than that, good work. You seem to have done your research.

Mock Z

Music Guru
Here's why Passing teams like this are scared of taunters: Once the primary passer(s) have been taunted (so that they can only use attacking moves), then their whole team falls apart.

Like I said, I have shut down entire teams with taunt and phasing moves.

Looking at your team right now, you really don't depend too much on passing, which is a VERY good thing. In fact, you probably won't have too many problems with taunters/ phasers (except Skarmory, who is infamous for using whirlwind and Stealth Rock/Spikes to mess up passing teams).

If taunters/phasers worry you at all, consider Espeon with Magic Bounce, as their phasing attack (bar Dragon Tail) or Taunt will be bounced right back at them. Other than that, good work. You seem to have done your research.

Funny you should mention Magic Bounce Esp, as I've actually considered it. Although, the only reason why I don't use it though is due to the fact that it's a bit of a hassle to actually get an Espeon that does know Magic Bounce. The only reason why I don't have one (and I'd probably replace my Bronzong and make it a Dual Screener, although I'd lose Stealth Rock) is just because I'm too lazy to take the time to invest in one. Just lazy me.

Thank you! I have done a lot of research and am actually looking forward to winning big time with this team.

365pokemon

I recommend changing this team to an all out baton pass team, since ninjask doesn't really work otherwise, with taunters and phazers on almost every team. If you decide to do this, Mr. Mime with soundproof can take roars, set up calm minds/barriers, and if you baton pass speed to a smeargle, it can put something to sleep and set up a shell smash to pass, or if your opponent has a whirlwinder, set up ingrain, which blocks that. Magic bounce espeon will allow you to completely stop taunt, and then you can set up a few more boosts, possibly baton pass around a bit more, and then pass out to one of your sweepers.

Last edited:
An alternative Ninjask set:
Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

First use Protect for a free Speed boost. Then use Swords Dance and live with your sash. Baton Pass. You can spam Substitute (although your sash will go to waste) for free Speed boosts if you like. You can even switch between Protect and Substitute! If you're lucky enough, you might be able to Baton Pass a Substitute although this is rare.

Mock Z

Music Guru
Hey guys, I want to replace Bronzong with a Magic Bounce Espeon and give it Dual Screens, but I can't figure out what would be a good moveset for it beyond that. I was thinking Dual Screens, Psychic, and some sort of Hidden Power. Any input?

365pokemon

Screens / Psychic / Baton Pass (In case you baton pass to espeon to block a roar, whirlwind, or taunt, and you want to keep your baton pass chain going)

Mock Z

Music Guru
Hey guys! Thanks to 365pokemon for the suggestion on Espeon! I'm still thinking about adding the Baton Pass, and wondering whether that will help my strategy more, or just leave me vulnerable to Dark types....

Also, just bumping this forum to get some more suggestions!

Last edited:

Mock Z

Music Guru
bumpppppppppp

pavak

Hey buddy whats up?

Its correct that teams like this fall apart when they are Taunted.Well i also agree that this team should be turned into a Baton Pass team.

As far for the sets on Lucario remove either Vaccum Wave for Close Combat or something else for a Blaze Kick. And get Swords Dance instead of Nasty Plot.

365pokemon

As far for the sets on Lucario remove either Vaccum Wave for Close Combat or something else for a Blaze Kick. And get Swords Dance instead of Nasty Plot.
No, he's running nasty plot lucario, he doesn't have a viable special sweeper besides espeon. And blaze kick is terrible on lucario.

Mock Z

Music Guru
No, he's running nasty plot lucario, he doesn't have a viable special sweeper besides espeon. And blaze kick is terrible on lucario.

Yep, couldn't have said it much better myself. And yes, that's exactly right, I'm running SpAtk Nasty Plot Lucario. Even though I have BP on Ninjask for Spd and Atk boost and BP on Espeon to prevent Taunters or Phazers, how else could I make this an excellent BP team?

Also, a bit of a strategy question: what happens when my Espeon gets beat by an opponent Taunter or Phazer? How do I stop that from happeneing?

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
You could consider giving either machamp or salamence an expert belt as they both have pretty good coverage. I think Pokemon with trick or an equivalent move such as switcheroo might have some fun with your team. Other than that it looks good