• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nintendo Club Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemonkey1

Fire Champion
Can I join again? I doubt that anyone remembers me that well. I'm currently waiting for Mario & Luigi RPG 3 to be released in North America. They say that it will be here in June, but I doubt it. cough*ihatewikipedawhenpeopleprovidefalseinformation*cough. Now that I don't have that cough any more, what are nargles? They are creatures from Harry Potter that live in mistletoe. I googled them.

Last edited:

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Can I join again? I doubt that anyone remembers me that well. I'm currently waiting forMario & Luigi RPG 3 to be released in North America. They say that it will be here in June, but I doubt it. cough*ihatewikipedawhenpeopleprovidefalseinformation*cough. Now that I don't have that cough any more, what are nargles? They are creatures from Harry Potter that live in mistletoe. I googled them.

Sure, you got the password and everything, just wait for AA! to show up.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82826

Everyone else see this?? I'm super excited now xDD

Skater Trainer, Ocarina, link to the past, Super Mario world, super mario bros. 3, SM64, World of Goo, SaP, Helix(lol) Kirby64, HM, Mother 1 & 2, things like that

I've never tried Megaman, and I've missed out on a lot of old games. (but I don't like donkeykong country)

About the heroes colliding thing, no clue lol.

Slick

Banned
So I got Platinum yesterday, and I've already finished it. TAKE THAT SLICK

Hey, you. Get a ****ing life.

Can I join again? I doubt that anyone remembers me that well. I'm currently waiting for Mario & Luigi RPG 3 to be released in North America. They say that it will be here in June, but I doubt it. cough*ihatewikipedawhenpeopleprovidefalseinformation*cough. Now that I don't have that cough any more, what are nargles? They are creatures from Harry Potter that live in mistletoe. I googled them.

Nicely hidden. I was about to say gtfo.

Anyway, I want iPod Touch nao.
But I'll wait until Japan.
Also, what Japanese will I need to know as a tourist in Japan? I hope one of your morons guys can help me out with that.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I'm planning to learn how to speak some Japanese before I go. I need it really. Akihabara ftw.
Anyway, which of the two games should I get?
Matter of personal preference, I suppose. I'm picking HeartGold because, well, I played Gold Version. Zink got Silver.

If the version-exclusives are the same, you could pick based on that, or wait for release to know for sure which are alone in which version.
This thread needs some major boosts. Come on guys, start posting more, but I guess I'm one to talk aren't I?
Been sorta busy. I say sorta because I've had chances to post, just haven't had enough to say to warrant one of my famous walls of text.

Also, E3 is coming up. I'm pumped!! I have been speculating on what nintendo has to do this show to make up for last year and to get a big boost. After looking at articles and reading some stuff, I have compiled a list of what I think Nintendo's press conference will consist of. I don't claim to know anything, this is just speculation, nothing I say it truth until proven otherwise.

So the conference will go as such. Opening with Sales numbers and some new DS games coming to North America. The conference will then turn to Red Steel 2, they will have a demo on stage showing off some stuff. After Red Steel 2, I believe some No More Heroes info will be shown. Then they go off into some Zelda Spirit Tracks information. After that Wii Sports resort as well as some Wii motion plus stuff. Then the big title, I'm predicting one or more of the following New Wii Zelda, Pikmin 3, NEw Starfox, new Kirby, new Kid Icarus or new F-Zero. Then at the every end, a new IP. Since we haven't seen a new nintendo franchise since pikmin and the start of the Gamecube, I think its right time we get a new franchise that's not just "Wii Something"
Sales numbers are a given, and Pikmin 3 might as well be. Red Steel/No More Heroes could go either way. Ubisoft will probably have something to show on them, I guess. Hopefully some gameplay footage, maybe some MotionPlus demonstrations.

Motionplus demos in general and Zelda: Spirit Tracks are pretty much guaranteed.

Star Fox? Unlikely now, but we'll see. Really hoping for Kirby Wii to get some attention, and that rumored Kid Icarus would be way awesome. Also, Sin & Punishment footage/info plz.

God I suck at the Kid Icarus game =S, I'm so used to a bit more forgiving and easily controlled gameplay that the 8 and 16 bit games are hell for me ;_;
I'm not bad with old school games, but Kid Icarus is brutal. Can't make it past the Underworld... um... temple, or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]

but I was hard, but so rewarding.
I... didn't need to know that.

Absolutely. Welcome back!

====================
Time I filled y'all in on why my life is weird.
About five years ago, I got mononucleosis infectious [The kissing disease, without the actual benefit of having kissed someone at the time. Lucky me.], and since then I developed migraines. Severe, debilitating, and above all incredibly common by comparison to anyone else I know with the effing things. Took ages for the doctors to figure out that they were migraines, because they came on so suddenly, at the same time as the disease.

In any case, for years my treatment wasn't enough, because the source of the headaches wasn't being treated, as I didn't know what that was. Throughout the entirety of high school I was plagued by repeated absences, and the school couldn't fail me for them because I had a doctor's note for every day I missed and somehow managed to keep up with the schoolwork. The situation improved somewhat when I started getting allergy shots, as sinus issues turned out to be one of my migraine triggers, but never went away. At one point a sinus infection didn't go away, and I learned I had a cyst in one of my sinuses. When a doctor went in to deal with it he learned I had an outrageously deviated septum and took care of that while he was in there. I had weeks of severe pain when the swelling from surgery combined with my migraines and missed a tone of school causing me to need to drop out and switch to online classes for a while. I went back to normal school after finishing the semester. That's when the digestive issues started.

Diarrhea that sprang up out of nowhere, lasted for hours on end and didn't go away for hours (resulting in dehydration and trips to the emergency room on multiple occasions). At first occasionally. It was dismissed as irritable bowel syndrome, until it got worse. Then the random severe abdominal pain kicked in. After ages of confusion, an ultrasound revealed a shadow in my gallbladder. We sort of guessed it might be gallstones, but couldn't be sure. More tests confirmed that there was something solid in there. They also confirmed that my gallbladder was swollen to the point of bursting and if I didn't have it removed immediately it'd release infected...stuff... to flow freely into the rest of my body, which commonly kills people. It was removed, just in time. It was stretched to the point that you could literally see through its skin. Loads of recovery time, but I managed to stay in my normal classes.

I got over that just in time for my sinuses to swell or whatever the **** they did. needed surgery again to cook away the membrane or something. I was in too much pain to really understand what was going on that time, but at least it was easy to figure out, unlike every other problem I had.

At this point I had missed so much school it's not even funny and couldn't possibly hope to make up my schoolwork, had to switch to online classes again, and learned I wouldn't be able to graduate on time. Needed a second senior year, though I didn't technically fail anything. I just stuck to my online classes for the first semester since I was already in the middle of a couple of them from attempting to catch up over the summer, and was told by my guidance counselor and a person from the district that I'd be able to come back for the last semester and finish off the last of my credits for a proper graduation. Then the Vice Principal decided to be a gigantic prick and said "No. GTFO of my school." I'm currently waiting for the adult education people to give me a date to take my GED test (which is the equivalent of a high school diploma--I'm smart, I'll ace it). I'll go to the community college for a two-year degree (it's cheap, it's not a bad school, and after I have a bachelor's degree no university I apply to will care at all about the conditions of my high school education).

IN THE MEANTIME I developed severe leg pains, which at this point have been going on for nearly a year. After a couple of months of physical therapy it was determined that it was caused by a pinched nerve, which I then (EVENTUALLY) learned was caused by a herniated disc in my lower back. I'm currently undergoing a series of injections with a steroid that is intended to relieve the pressure on the nerve by reducing the swelling of the fluid(?) leaking out of the punctured disc. I walk with a cane now, which is actually not bad apart from the pain that caused me to need it in the first place. I've always got something to play with when I'm bored, anyway.

So yeah. Thinking back, I'm amazed I'm not emo. Thank God for video games and books. And more recently a little anime. And my habit of making things out of obscure materials when I'm bored. I've determined that all emo kids need a ****ing hobby. Sucky lives can seem a lot better if you find a distraction.
====================

Anyway, back to what's been keeping me recently, apart from the medical and educational things mentioned in the spoiler tags. A lot of reading, a little gaming, a bit of apathy and a lack of anything to post about.

Got a few new games recently, though. Viewtiful Joe and its sequel on Gamecube and n+ (baed on the flash ninja game n). n+ is crazy awesome, Viewtiful Joe is deceptively hard. Not far in either because they're brand new. Also went through my other games and yanked the unfinished ones, which I then sorted by the amount of time it'll take to finish them. Step one on clearing my rather sizable unfinished games list complete. I'll get to the stack after I finish obsessing over one of my favorite games ever, though I just picked it up, Cave Story.

Cave Story's a freeware PC game developed entirely by one guy. Music, art, character design, story, gameplay, programming, everything. He even has his own file format for the music in the game. And EVERY BIT OF THIS GAME IS AMAZING. It's no wonder a studio has picked it up to adapt it to WiiWare. I'll post a link if anyone wants one, it's short enough that you won't mind playing it through before its release. Otherwise, look forward to seeing it on Wii after E3. The pro developers are working with Pixel (the original creator) to make it a decent upgrade. They're doing the music and looking for approval every step of the way, while Pixel doubles the resolution of the graphics of everything in the game himself. It'll support widescreen and fullscreen. It'll have the ability to be upgraded through DLC (expecting a boss rush mode, hoping for two-player co-op, and the ability to play as my favorite awesome character). It's sort of an adventure/platformer/shooter. Kinda Metroid-y in its genre, but with a character-rich story with multiple endings based on your choices and actions throughout the plot. The normal one is sad, and the hard one is... rather difficult. Haven't beaten it yet.

Killed my save file on accident. Need to try again to get back to where I was. :/

Last edited:

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
Sure, you got the password and everything, just wait for AA! to show up.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82826

Everyone else see this?? I'm super excited now xDD

OMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *orgasm*

I've been waiting for this for so long!!!!!!!! Viewtiful Joe will own your souls!! <3

If Tatsunoko vs. Capcom has Wi-Fi I'm owning you all with V-Joe kthxbai.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
I just won 3000 wii points from a online brawl tourney lol. I was thinking of getting these games.

I already have:

Megaman 2
Super Mario RPG
Bomberman 93

I was wanting to get:

Majoras mask 1000
The legend of zelda link to the past 800

Then i get lost on what to spend the other wii points on.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Hey haven't played anything on my wii in a long time.. I just haven't found the time and a good game to sit me down. >~<

Hopefully E3 will bring something GOOD this year. >.>

Cave Story, No More Heroes 2, Cave Story...

...did I mention Cave Story?

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
Surprised a new thread was made during my shot absence.

Anyway, I would like to join-

What are nargles?-

since I'm a Nintendo fan. My interest is slowly waning, but I still play with my Wii.

Topics are lost on myself so I have no clue what we're talking about... and the last posts are not helping. XD

Anyway, I got back to using my Wii after letting it collect dust, and that's all I've done regarding said console...

Slick

Banned
Matter of personal preference, I suppose. I'm picking HeartGold because, well, I played Gold Version. Zink got Silver.

If the version-exclusives are the same, you could pick based on that, or wait for release to know for sure which are alone in which version.

Yeah I was thinking about that. I'll check out the version exclusives asap.

I just won 3000 wii points from a online brawl tourney lol. I was thinking of getting these games.

I already have:

Megaman 2
Super Mario RPG
Bomberman 93

I was wanting to get:

Majoras mask 1000
The legend of zelda link to the past 800

Then i get lost on what to spend the other wii points on.

Definitely get MM. :] Definitely.

No More Heroes 2,

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
True story: I actually played The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for four straight days (barring bathroom and sleep) just to get the good ending.

It was worth doing.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Surprised a new thread was made during my shot absence.

Anyway, I would like to join-

What are nargles?-

since I'm a Nintendo fan. My interest is slowly waning, but I still play with my Wii.

Topics are lost on myself so I have no clue what we're talking about... and the last posts are not helping. XD

Anyway, I got back to using my Wii after letting it collect dust, and that's all I've done regarding said console...
Welcome back! Good to see you around again.

Topic's sort of bouncing back and forth between E3 wants/expectations and whatever else people want to talk about lately. Nothing special as of now.

Anyway, I've added you and Firemonkey1 to the member's list.

Slick and Divine.: your strikes expired and your names are clear on the list again.

Lego Batman, it a sort of an average game.

Slick and Divine.: your strikes expired and your names are clear on the list again.
Uhhh,.... Yay?

Anyway:
Games I want this year (at present)
MadWorld
Platinum
M&L3
The Conduit
No More Heroes

Funnily enough Slick, I saw NMH the other day. Didn't get it. Got Corruption instead. Worst friggin' mistake I ever made.

You know what I wouldn't mind seeing at E3, and I'm like 90 thousand percent sure I'm not gonna see it, a game for this little guy:

*shot for advertising*

Anyway, anyone else kinda not rolling on the floor hugging their wii remote out of joy for the Metroid Trilogy thing coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.