• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nintendo Club Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
Fuuuuuuuu-

yeah thanks, I'll edit it later.

Elementman-Novapoke

Posting here because we're dying.

Got WSR, and the 2nd Motion+ just came in the post.

LOVE:
SwordPlay
TableTennis
BasketBall
WakeBoarding
FlyingGames

HATE:
Canoe
Cycling
PowerCruising

Others are MEH.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Oh, I just mean, I'm not into that sort of stuff.
Of course, if I do get the Orange Box, I will play Half Life 2.

Oh. It'd be best to play some Half-Life 2 first to get used to the controls. They're pretty much the same in TF2. And I would've given you my TF2 guest pass. :\

At the moment I'm too poor to get Wii Sports Resort... I'll end up getting it sometime soon (Christmas) along with a second WiiMotion Plus for multiplayer of course... other than that, still waiting for NPC! Pikmin 2.

Slick

Banned
Oh. It'd be best to play some Half-Life 2 first to get used to the controls. They're pretty much the same in TF2. And I would've given you my TF2 guest pass. :\

Is Half-Life like...sci-fi horror, or what? It's the main reason I wouldn't choose to buy it myself, but would bear with it if I did get it (I get my money's worth).
Also, TF2 guest-pass?

-looks at "The Nintendo Club Mk II"-

noobers, just reply through Visitor Message.

Is Half-Life like...sci-fi horror, or what? It's the main reason I wouldn't choose to buy it myself, but would bear with it if I did get it (I get my money's worth).
Also, TF2 guest-pass?

-looks at "The Nintendo Club Mk II"-

noobers, just reply through Visitor Message.
Pfft,we talk about all sorts of random crap and you're worried about talking about it in this club? Wuss.

Looking a mp3 version for Three Minutes Clapping. That thing's hard to find and download.

I'm gonna laugh when you guys get banned ._.

ANYWAYS.

Wii Sports Resort is fun. I've only played Bowling and Swordplay so far. Swordplay looks to be my favorite already. Bowling is very different from the original one. With the MotionPlus, my curve goes in the opposite direction.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Why?

And Bowling? Seriously?
AGAIN?!

Bowling and golf came back, both enhanced greatly by MotionPlus. There are ten other sports, though, and every one of them comes with several different modes. Each mode can be mastered separately for Pro status and to earn Stamps, which are basically achievements. Some of them look wicked hard.

Archery has one called A Secret To Everybody, wherein you find and hit the secret targets in each stage. I can't find the effing things.

I'm enjoying the Showdown mode in Swordplay. You basically run through a course beating the living hell out of Miis with a plastic sword. Gets difficult later on when they learn to defend themselves. The various bowling challenges are great too, and cycling surprised me by tiring my arms out more than Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games did.

Last edited:

Elementman-Novapoke

Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun!

Ace, the locations of the 3 secrets ones are:

Beginner Mode: To the right, by the waterfall. It's Orange. The camera will follow the arrow if you're close. You need to to aim by the sticky-out bit of rock that's much higher. Takes at least 20 tries (for me) to hit!!

Intermediate Mode: Right again. In the tennis court by the House thingie. Aim upwards slightly, by the leaves of the Palm Trees. Quite hard again. It's Orange. Camera will follow if you're close.

EXPERT MODE!!!: It's to the right, again. Just sitting on the beach, waiting to be impaled. It's miles away, so you have to pretty much aim to the sky, with the mountain to the left JUST in the circle thing. 'Tis green. Camera follow = close.

How good am I?

Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun!

Beginner Mode: To the right, by the waterfall. It's Orange. The camera will follow the arrow if you're close. You need to to aim by the sticky-out bit of rock that's much higher. Takes at least 20 tries (for me) to hit!!

Intermediate Mode: Right again. In the tennis court by the House thingie. Aim upwards slightly, by the leaves of the Palm Trees. Quite hard again. It's Orange. Camera will follow if you're close.

EXPERT MODE!!!: It's to the right, again. Just sitting on the beach, waiting to be impaled. It's miles away, so you have to pretty much aim to the sky, with the mountain to the left JUST in the circle thing. 'Tis green. Camera follow = close.

How good am I?

MUST NOT LOOK.

Swordplay Showdown is amazing. Have you guys gotten Reverse Mode yet?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun!

How good am I?
Thanks, man. I need to get this one before I reach Pro class, because I'll lose every point I have in the process.

Also, did nobody else notice it was a reference to The Legend of Zelda? Play more old games, guys.

Haven't found any other Nintendo in-jokes or references yet. You think they'd have been more generous with those things. Maybe a Mario statue in the fountain or something, I don't know.
Swordplay Showdown is amazing. Have you guys gotten Reverse Mode yet?

mhmm. I'm working my way through stage 19. I'll see if I can finish it off tomorrow. I'm 12 away from the 2000 point line, and I'm wondering what comes after Pro.

Last edited:

Elementman-Novapoke

Also, did nobody else notice it was a reference to The Legend of Zelda? Play more old games, guys.

Haven't found any other Nintendo in-jokes or references yet. You think they'd have been more generous with those things. Maybe a Mario statue in the fountain or something, I don't know.
But, the weird thing is, that in Wii Fit, which, as I'm sure you know, plays on WuHu Island, too, there are a few 8-Bit sprites dotted around the island, one was on the big red bridge, if I remember correctly. However, It's not there in WiiSportsResort!

I am OUTRAGED!

Also, when you reach superstar level at 2000 points, do you unlock something extra?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
But, the weird thing is, that in Wii Fit, which, as I'm sure you know, plays on WuHu Island, too, there are a few 8-Bit sprites dotted around the island, one was on the big red bridge, if I remember correctly. However, It's not there in WiiSportsResort!

I am OUTRAGED!

Also, when you reach superstar level at 2000 points, do you unlock something extra?

Interesting, I wasn't aware of those. Prolly because I stopped playing Wii Fit after my leg started giving me trouble, which led to finding out about my nerve issue, which led to surgery. Honestly, if it weren't for Wii Fit, I may not have found out about the problem early enough to save me from losing the use of my left leg entirely.

I'm going to assume Superstar status changes your appearance the same way Pro status did. The ball with stars on it in bowling, the upgraded armor in Swordplay, and... um... other things I haven't got yet I suppose.

Elementman-Novapoke

I'm going to assume Superstar status changes your appearance the same way Pro status did. The ball with stars on it in bowling, the upgraded armor in Swordplay, and... um... other things I haven't got yet I suppose.
I think it's funny that when you get Pro in Swordplay, you gain a crotch plate XD

I know that when you get Pro in Wakeboarding, you get a stripy wakeboard.
Pro in Frisbee Dawg = a different frisbee, I think.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Huh. Getting Superstar in Showdown didn't give me the final set of armor, but beating all the bonus stages did.

Managed to get every stamp in Showdown. I'm only missing the perfect game in bowling, and I haven't reached Superstar status yet. I think I'll go for cycling next, then wakeboarding. Probably shoot for those secret targets before I really get into archery. I'm better at that in real life than in WSR.

@EMNP: add me to MSN already! It's not like you need to pay anything to install it on the laptop, too...

Last edited:

Elementman-Novapoke

@EMNP: add me to MSN already! It's not like you need to pay anything to install it on the laptop, too...
True, but my laptop is outdated AND the firewall blocks it.
I do not want to mess about with the firewall, see.

Hmm...
I'm now trying to make this On-Topic...

Oh Yeah! We found out yesterday that my mother is amazing at bowling. Seriously. On her first go, she beat both me AND my brother, who were almost pro. She got a spare on nearly EVERY go!!

It's mad!

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
True, but my laptop is outdated AND the firewall blocks it.
I do not want to mess about with the firewall, see.
Alright, then. That's understandable.

So it turns out that once you're good at standard bowling, 100-pin is incredibly easy. I got every stamp in minutes, and I'm 150 points or so from Superstar status, which should be easy if I can get almost all strikes. Trying for a perfect 3000 now.

Still missing the perfect game stamp in standard bowling, and I'm like halfway into Pro status. Decided to break from it while I mastered Showdown. I'll work on it now, I guess. Starting to wear out my right arm with all this swordplay and bowling practice. I'll have to switch to something more relaxed for the next game. Wakeboarding doesn't seem to use too much energy.

Wait a minute...
We're being active. And I'm POSTING things. Sweetness.

Now to get off my lazy *** and update the Brawl club's member list...
Meh. It can wait. I'mma go play 100-pin bowling.

Elementman-Novapoke

Post 500 is mine!!

Well, I don't have much to say on the game front, but I'd like to know, who's gonna get Scribblenauts?

I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.