• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nintendo Club Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the "What are nargles" thing?

Sorry, that was a typo on the year, I meant to say either 98 or 99, I really don't remember.

GrizzlyB, there IS such a thing as human error, you don't have to try and be a smart*ss just to prove a point you know.

Slick

Banned
GrizzlyB, there IS such a thing as human error, you don't have to try and be a smart*ss just to prove a point you know.

Yes he does.
I guess you're sorta in now.
y halo thar

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to do a simple trade then trade back for PokeDex purposes. I'm looking for EVERY Legendary excluding ones available in D/P/Pt. PM me if generous.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Do you mean the "What are nargles" thing?
yup. Welcome to the club.

If he didn't, somebody else would've. I would have if it weren't your introductory post. Picking apart things like this is a common hobby on the Internet, mainly because it's fun. Just laugh it off like everybody else does. :p

Besides, it's the reason we all like GrizzlyB. He's cool like that. We also like Slick for being a tool when it's funny to do so.
Do I count as a new member?

"What are nargles?"
Close enough. Welcome back, GT.

To be honest, I had no idea that this club was going to do a renewing. My computer that I used freaksly broke about 1 1/2 months ago, and I haven't been able to get the darn thing fixed due to baseball/needing money. My activity on the forums has pretty much been nonexistent since, and I can only use my parents computer every so often.

Shhhhhhhh***************!
I keep forgetting to send out the PM to people that were active in the old club. Every time I tell myself I need to do something later, I forget about it. I need to get better at doing things as I think of them.

Whatever, I'll either send it out tomorrow or have someone else do it. It's about time I appointed a co-owner that's not [AceAussie]. Nothing against him, it's just that he left his old post because he was going to be inactive.

Last edited:
lol, sounds like you think I'm new to forums c(=

Truth is I've been around for over three years. Don't ask, I'll just ignore the questions =]
I knew of GB for a long time, and I've seen the newer smart*sses aleady =P, they just make me lol ^_^

Is there a topic right now? Cus I haven't really noticed one.

-scratches head-

Anyway, LOOK AT MAH LAST POST PLZ> I NEED POGEY MANS
Oh for God's sake,fine. I will then. PM me when you feel like doing it.

Anyways, researching for songs that have hidden meanings. Really fun it is. ^_^

EDIT:
Feel free to make one. Doesn't have to be Nintendo related cause all we talk about is problems about our lives. Also, welcome to the club.

Last edited:

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
lol, sounds like you think I'm new to forums c(=
It was just that your wording was really similar to the people I run into that meet BCVM22 for the first time and get all indignant whenever he has a problem with something they say.

Either way, your typo was hilariously misleading. You were begging for it. XD

There hasn't been, technically speaking, a solid topic yet. Feel free to get the ball rolling if you want.

Feel free to make one. Doesn't have to be Nintendo related cause all we talk about is problems about our lives. Also, welcome to the club.
Hush, you. We socialize and mention what's going on, but it isn't the core discussion point of the thread and never will be. I don't want us shut down.

The hint is to hold in your offtopic garbage until you have something to post that actually relates to the club's main point of discussion or the conversation at hand, and share then.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh, regarding the Nintendo Club's Wi-Fi gaming ladder system, the Black Cat Project: I'm reviving it when my niece returns to her house sometime next week. I'll be too busy hanging out with her to keep it up until then. I kind of want to make it a forum-wide thing but I'll need help to keep things running smoothly if I do so, and I want to hear opinions on whether or not you guys think it's a good idea.

So... what do you think?
Vets: explain things to new members if they don't get what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
AerialAce! Hehhee, yeah, that typo was me shooting myself in the foot with a rusty bullet. BCVM22 can kiss me where the sun don't shine. I don't care for, nor do I fear, faceless internet idiots. I've seen much worse than those amateurs.

Alright then, since there's no topic I guess I'll start one

What was, in your opinion, the best Nintendo gaming console and/or handheld system ever made and why?

Best gaming system, the N64. It was revolutionary, even if it didn't have THE best graphics, it made me see video games as something more than pixels and clockwork. Somehow it gave life and personality to characters through animation. Arcade gaming was lame for me, and my cousins had an SNES, but I never played it; but as soon as I had my N64, no one could keep their hands off it. Even assembling the system was fun. We'd fight over the controllers to play Super Smash Brothers. Ahh, the nostalgia =P

pokefh

SMILES GO FOR MILES!
What are nargles?

gotta love nintendo.

Ah! A new member that read the rules and got in on the first try! And an Australian too! THat something we don't see very much! Please,welcome,sit down! Slick! Get this man/woman/potato something to eat!

(jk)

But seriously, welcome to the club!

So that thing of trading between Slick and me didn't work out that well. Guess he'll never get that data off me.Meheheheheheehehe...

Most of the games I traded in were 1st or 2nd-party games D: I wanted to get my sister a DSi, too, though. The only games I kept were Brawl, MKWii, TP (only because I have yet to finish it), GHIII and RB, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Play, and Boom Blox.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Oh, regarding the Nintendo Club's Wi-Fi gaming ladder system, the Black Cat Project: I'm reviving it when my niece returns to her house sometime next week. I'll be too busy hanging out with her to keep it up until then. I kind of want to make it a forum-wide thing but I'll need help to keep things running smoothly if I do so, and I want to hear opinions on whether or not you guys think it's a good idea.

So... what do you think?
Sounds good to me. Will be happy to join once it is revived.

Best gaming system was definitely the N64. Gamecube was good too, of course, but the 64 wins because people still actually liked the games then, not just the graphics and whatnot.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
The_Mexican_Smeargle said:
GrizzlyB said:
You either got your systems confused, or your date is off by, like, a lot. In fact, the amount you're off by, should that prove to be the case, could very well be described as inconceivable.

lol, wow, you've got to be pretty touchy and/or insecure to think that was a smartass remark. That wasn't even snarky. I'm well aware that there was an error in there somewhere, as no person with a functional level of intelligence could have thought they had something six years before it even existed. I simply pointed it out, using a choice of words which some people found amusing. (and just so we're clear, this comment, unlike my previous one, has some insulting connotations behind it, specifically douchy ones... which are well-warranted, I might add)

AerialAce! said:

Yeah, could somebody do that? I don't know what it is (at least that I'm aware of), unless it's just that big list of FCs that goes on the first post.

Anywho, the best Nintendo console/handheld? I don't know, probably a toss-up between the N64 and GBA (SP, specifically). They both have a ton of my favorite games, like Paper Mario, Ogre Battle 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. on the N64, and Fire Emblems, Golden Suns, Mario & Luigi, Tales of Phantasia, Pokemon R/S/E, and tons of other RPGs and ports on the GBA (and the SP's folding/light are just sexy). And then they both play well, and do the graphics necessary for the games, so they're pretty equal, as far as I'm concerned.

pokefh

SMILES GO FOR MILES!
What was, in your opinion, the best Nintendo gaming console and/or handheld system ever made and why?

my favourite handheld would be the DS; i don't have a favourite DS in particular, i mean the phat was really cool when it came out, the lite was even better, and the i makes me feel better than the person sitting opposite me on the bus with a scratched up phat.

the touch screen really added something new to gaming, and the library of games is GREAT. whenever i look at the DS section i never think to myself 'there isn't a single game here i would like to try my hand at.' i've yet to try tetris, ninjatown or the Korg synthesiser game for DS, and i really want to. but i have to finish Mystery Dungeon first, and my funds are being saved for Platinum when it comes out in Australia.

BUT;

despite the fact it never really took off, i always wanted a Gameboy Micro. They were so small, which would be handy for public transport.

*sigh* i guess my parents are reasonable in not letting me ebay for one since i have a DS lite.

Now, as for a console. I have a Wii, and i love it to bits; it is my one possession that i would feel no shame in sueing a blood relative for, if it were ever damaged, but tbh a lot of the newer games aren't impressing me. of course you have greats like Twilight Princess, SSBB and other such first party titles, but pikmin was a letdown; the sonic games were let downs; no more heroes was ridiculously short; and animal crossing went from 110 bucks down to 58 bucks in the span of two months or so. not that i can comment on the quality of the game, i haven't played it, but i assume it isn't remarkable from the dramatic price drop.

but the console that never let me down was the N64; oh the childhood memories i have vested in this machine. waking up in the morning and jumping out of bed to see what would happen to Link today, the very first SSB (oh that giant hand...what fun) oh man, and my first experience of a truly BAD game: Dual Heroes. (HA.)

unfortunately, growing up with the N64 has made me too impatient for 8-bit and 16-bit games. which is a shame, because i usually think of myself as one who appreciates the classics thouroughly, but i just can't sit through more than half an hour of the very first zelda.

well, that's my two cents.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Welcome to the club, pokefh. Good to see you don't need a high member rank to elaborate in a post. ;D

Best Nintendo systems, eh?

Virtual Boy. It's like you're IN the GAME! And it's red and black! Doesn't get any better than that.

Yeah, could somebody do that? I don't know what it is (at least that I'm aware of), unless it's just that big list of FCs that goes on the first post.

Guess I'll do it, as nobody else has. In the Wii and DS Club, and later in the Nintendo club, there was a system of Wi-Fi ladders known as the Black Cat Project that Ace! came up with because he was bored and wanted to play with Photoshop/challenge people online. In essence, you sign up for, say, a Mario Kart ladder, and everyone is placed in random order on that ladder. To advance, you must challenge the people above you to climb up to the top. You basically end up with everyone ranked more or less by skill for every game.

It died because people kept forgetting about it and stopped making challenges in the past. I'd like to bring it back into the light, but I'm not sure if it'll do any better at all if the only difference is the time at which it is revived. It was a lot of fun as a club-wide thing where we could discuss matches and such, but it may die again if it's not brought back on a bigger scale.

lol, wow, you've got to be pretty touchy and/or insecure to think that was a smartass remark. That wasn't even snarky. I'm well aware that there was an error in there somewhere, as no person with a functional level of intelligence could have thought they had something six years before it even existed. I simply pointed it out, using a choice of words which some people found amusing. (and just so we're clear, this comment, unlike my previous one, has some insulting connotations behind it, specifically douchy ones... which are well-warranted, I might add)

I said you TRIED, never said you were successful, or that you specifically tried to attack me using a semi-complicated way of explaining things. What it was is idiotic, but whatever, apparently you enjoy stating the obvious to try and be funny, I don't really care.

I'm wondering about the motion+ thing for the Wii remote. Is it just me, or could they have done that sooner? I know it's all about the money, but still.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Smeargle and GrizzlyB, would you mind not needlessly flinging insults at each other? Griz admitted that he was simply pointing out the obvious and now you're doing the same by restating it in words that you find more amusing. This comment itself is pointing out the obvious if anyone happened to look back at the whole thing. The irony is drilling a hole in my skull.

@Wii MotionPlus: If you look at the information releases and such from before the Wii's release, it's more like they thought the original Wii Remote design was enough, and decided later to expand on it. They went through a lot to make it so the Wiimote didn't read things wrong from the very start, that it could read the angle it was being held at without needing any motion to do so, etc. The fans simply thought that would be ENOUGH to give them 1:1 motion control from the beginning and were wrong.

Wii MotionPlus is basically what all the big-eyed fanboys and -girls expected the Wii to be when they saw the commercials and didn't look into it. It may have been achievable sooner, and certain games would have been far cooler if it was, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Hopefully they'll come out with controllers that have MotionPlus built into them later or something. While the $20 addition for a MotionPlus add-on isn't staggering, the $80 necessary for a Wii Remote + Nunchuk + MotionPlus is a bit much for new players.

Yeah I know, Aerial. I don't believe much in apologies these days, they don't fix much. I'll give you a card for my neurosurgeon ;D

Meh, you should see the price tag on Wiiplay here in Mexico. When I bought it in the states it set me back 50 bucks, here it costs well over 1,000 pesos, which is around 90 dollars with today's exchange. Looking at it that way, the motion plus Wii remote and Nunchuck combo is bound to cost about 200 dollars here =O

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
AerialAce! said:
Guess I'll do it, as nobody else has. In the Wii and DS Club, and later in the Nintendo club, there was a system of Wi-Fi ladders known as the Black Cat Project that Ace! came up with because he was bored and wanted to play with Photoshop/challenge people online. In essence, you sign up for, say, a Mario Kart ladder, and everyone is placed in random order on that ladder. To advance, you must challenge the people above you to climb up to the top. You basically end up with everyone ranked more or less by skill for every game.

Whoa, that's actually pretty awesome. And effective-sounding. Though I guess that's entirely determinant on whether or not people stay interested in maintaining it, of course. It's sort of like both the ideas I had for the Brawl Club rolled up into one.

And speaking of Brawl, those of you who've played me in it will be pleased to know that my grabbing will now be more annoying than ever. =D I finally took the liberty and ten seconds required to learn reverse pivot grabbing. With the right characters, you can make some awesome-looking chains, not to mention it's more or less jump-canceling your grab (does that exist in Brawl? I don't even know). Also, even though I rarely tried her until just tonight, turns out ZSS is super easy to use. If you can paralyze the opponent (hell, you don't even need to do it) and get a grab in, just d-throw and you're set up for some easy aerial combos. 'Course, this would be more pertinent to the Brawl Club, but... I'm here right now.

Yeah I know, Aerial.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.