• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is Better?

• DS

Votes: 217 48.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 235 52.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Figured I'd post a Nintendo product lookout for you guys.

Official 1st Party white GameCube controller with 3-meter (approx. 10-foot) cord.

It even has a white cord to complete the Wii-style look. I seriously want one of these. It would negate the need for an extension cord, AND match my Wii gear.

Works with all Wii and Nintendo GameCube systems worldwide, in case you aren't sure.

EDIT: It's also cheaper than the silver controllers with normal cables are here in the US. Add in shipping, and it's about the same price.

Last edited:
Sorry AA!. I can't join that new clan because my Wi-Fi is screwed and I don't have the nessary(sp?) games.

In other comments,that Gamecube controller looks repainted to match with the Wii.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Sorry AA!. I can't join that new clan because my Wi-Fi is screwed and I don't have the nessary(sp?) games.
I understand, but let me know whenever you can.[/QUOTE]
In other comments,that Gamecube controller looks repainted to match with the Wii.

That's the basic idea. The longer cord is also an adjustment to make owners of the Wii (whose controllers are wireless) more comfortable.

In short, I like it, but probably won't be able to get one until they come out over here. If they come out over here, that is.

Last edited:

BrawlMaster

Live long, & prosper
AA! I plan on replying to your Pm it's just that I'm so busy right now, I don't think I'll be able to participate in the brawls. I really want to but, I just got accepted to volunteer at the MD Film Festival which starts next weekend and I'll be booked that entire weekend and then with the thing I mentioned before. You know, a silly idea popped into my head this morning, I said, "Does anyone want to buy my Wii?" Then I said, "Did I just say that outloud?" I mean, what would I do without my Wii? My Wii is basically my sole means of entertainment right now, even though I'm cheating on it with my computer...

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!

pantherlogo.png

Midnight Panthers
The official Super Smash Bros. Crew of the Nintendo Wii & DS Club. In association with the Black Cat Project.
Please note that this post will be constantly updated with new members, snapshots, replays, custom stages, and other fun things from the crew.

Last updated May 3, 2008
with ANOTHER NEW MEMBER! :D

The Beginning
In March of 2007, I (known then as Burninator) started a system of Wi-Fi gaming ladders known as the Black Cat Project for the active members of the Nintendo Wii and DS Club. Hugely popular for a while, the Project eventually fell to the wayside. It's still entirely possible for the BCP to come back (and with Mario Kart Wii and Brawl out I imagine it would once again become very successful), but for now I have a different idea in mind. The old project's name was chosen because walking under a ladder is considered bad luck, as is a passing black cat. With so many ladders to climb (five at the height of the BCP's popularity), and the Black Cat watching over all of them, you needed to be good to reach the top.

This is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl crew (common competitive name for a Smash Bros. clan). Since I consider this crew to be an extension of the BCP (as it's a competitive W-Fi group of members in the NW&DSC), our name will be the Midnight Panthers--basically a bigger, deadlier Black Cat.

Goals
In the beginning, our purpose will be to help our members hone their skills and train to improve at SSBB. We'll all have members close to our skill level that we can play against, which is important when practicing anything.

After a while, we'll start looking for other groups to challenge. We'll have doubles matches, with two members of our crew fighting two from theirs, and small tournaments, where our overall standings will show us both whose team is better altogether and which has the strongest players.

Members
These are the current Midnight Panthers. Anyone that wishes to join but has not yet sent in their information is known as a Night Kitten.

Notes: Clicking on a member's name will take you straight to a blank PM directed at that member. Clicking on their AIM user name will add them to your Buddy List.

AerialAce!
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 4511-0152-2501 / A-Z
In-Battle Name: Ace!
Wii Number: 4358-3933-7338-7459
Mains:
pikachu.png
pt.png
(mostly
squirtle.png
)
Seconds:
lucario.png
mario.png
link.png
randomg.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / Burninator755
Other Noteworthy Information: My younger brother (In-Battle Name: Zink) is likely to jump in during training matches. He's not eligible to join the crew since he has no forum account, but since he's close to me in skill he's worth playing. Decent Team Brawl player, too. Just ask me if you want to play against Zink. Also, I topped the Mario Kart DS ladder in the BCP. Let me know if you want to race.

Blazios
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 0989-1471-4627 / BLZOS
In-Battle Name: BLZOS
Wii Number: 3830-5892-7156-4010
Mains:
ike.png
olimar.png
dedede.png

Seconds:
falcon.png
pt.png
zerosuitsamus.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / BLZOS , MSN / dickens.b@hotmail.co.uk

CharMaster006
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 3136-6234-3810 / David
In-Battle Name: David
Wii Number: 7331-5361-6560-9168
Mains:
toonlink.png
zerosuitsamus.png

Seconds:
charizard.png
sonic.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / DavidisRAD6 , MSN / DavidisRAD6@hotmail.com , Yahoo! / DavidisRAD6
Other Noteworthy Information: I'm ready and able to battle/ chat at a moment's notice if I am online, which is alot of the time.

Dimentio
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 0044-2509-3087 / DMNTO
In-Battle Name: DMNTO
Wii Number: 8380-4724-0602-8204
Main:
lucas.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / Dimentio xXx , MSN / xiao-xiao182@hotmail.com
Other Noteworthy Information: Every few weekends my WiFi may get a bit more laggy than usual, or just up and quit on me. Also a few of my friends may already be battling me if I'm online, but feel free to jump in for Practice matches.

fhqwhgads
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 1246-8371-5488 / Derek
In-Battle Name: FHQ
Wii Number: 5351-8767-5410-1513
Mains:
kirby.png
toonlink.png

Seconds:
lucario.png
metaknight.png
snake.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / lemmingsofdeath , MSN / f-hqw-hgads@hotmail.com

Ho-oh Master
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 3136-6556-3039 / Zach
In-Battle Name: Zach
Wii Number: 6722-3251-1948-5767
Main:
fox.png

Second:
metaknight.png

Instant messenger/user name: Yahoo! / shadrahkzach , MSN / shadrahkho-oh@hotmail.com
Other Noteworthy Information: I'm not online often but I will try to play as much as possible.

Ledian_X
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 3909-7249-5028 / CMF
In-Battle Name: CMF
Wii Number: 7986-7611-0899-8663
Mains:
pit.png
link.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / CferraLX
Other Noteworthy Information: Sometimes I might have to leave after a couple matches. Life's like that.

Light-The-Archangel
Brawl Friend Code: 2191-7345-4545 / Light
In-Battle Name: Light
Wii Number: 6232-0272-2216-3236
Main:
falco.png

Seconds:
kirby.png
diddy.png
ike.png
pt.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / EnWhyCee14 , MSN / Jordon_g4l@hotmail.com
Other Noteworthy Information: Thanks for accepting me into the clan! Lol.

Meta_Ridley
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 2750-0800-8369 / PNoob
In-Battle Name: GREEN
Wii Number: 5018-7494-2694-5776
Mains:
lucas.png
rob.png

Second:
lucario.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / MetaSarge
Other Noteworthy Information: If I stop moving mid-match, it is because my mom frequently calls me to do chores.

ScorpionX
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 4897-6258-4746 / Venom
In-Battle Name: Venom
Wii Number: 5262-0133-2110-9271
Mains:
luigi.png
toonlink.png

Seconds:
kirby.png
pt.png

Instant messenger/user name: MSN / VenomX2000@hotmail.co.uk

ShinyFufu
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 2191-7323-4345 / DUNK
In-Battle Name: Fufu!
Mains:
falco.png
peach.png

Seconds:
randomg.png

Instant messenger/user name: N/A

Skater Trainer
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 1289-7896-1206 / SKTR
In-Battle Name: Shine (as Fox), SKTR (all other characters)
Wii Number: 5559-6919-6790-8659
Mains:
wolf.png
diddy.png
falco.png

Seconds:
fox.png
toonlink.png
metaknight.png
olimar.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / SkaterTrainer34
Other Noteworthy Information: Don't send me a lot of wii mails because I hate checking them and replying and my parents are nosy and love reading everyone I get if I don't get to it first, only send me it if its totally needed.

Slick
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 4253-3330-6555 / Slick
Wii Number: 5720-3072-6961-8614
Mains:
ike.png
toonlink.png

Second:
lucario.png

Virtual Chatot
Brawl Friend Code/Name: 4425-1256-5494 / Mason
In-Battle Name: Mason
Wii Number: 2099-5422-9710-4222
Main:
lucario.png

Seconds:
metaknight.png
olimar.png

Instant messenger/user name: AIM / Virual Chatot , MSN / masonwkid@hotmail.com

Current Night Kittens
Members that wish to join the Midnight Panthers, but haven't/can't yet for various reasons.
They'll be added to the roster as soon as they submit their applications.

BrawlMaster
Cairen
Imperator_Venit
ShinyFufu

Regarding Honorary Panthers
Family and friends are allowed to join any training matches, unless the players have a specific thing in mind. Just make sure they don't drag items or coin battles into serious practice games. This includes those playing on other Wiis. It's always good to add people to your Friend Roster.

This ONLY includes TRAINING battles. You cannot bring non-Panthers into challenges against other groups.

Communication
Most communication among Panthers is to be kept in Private Messages, but certain situations may require Wii-mails. There is also the possible future use of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl's voice chat for real-time communication in practice matches and Team Brawls, but that can be discussed at a later time.

UPDATE!
In order to set up matches you MUST use either Private Messages or AIM. We now require that each Panther have an AIM screen name (you can sign up for one here). We encourage you to lie in the application. The Man doesn't need to know where you live. You DO NOT have to download AIM's normal software in order to use the messenger. Simply go to meebo and use their free online AIM client if you don't wish to download it.

Information on the results of matches and war stories are allowed to be posted in the Club, but not pre-battle posts.

Joining
To join, simply PM the following information to AerialAce!:

SPPF User Name: In the final roster, this will be a link to the PM system, so that you need only click a Panther's name to compose a message that's already addressed to the right person.
Brawl Friend Code/Name: This name is the one that shows up on your friend roster, so people know who you are when you start or join a match.
In-Battle Name: This is the one that floats over your head during Brawls, and keeps track of your control schemes.
Wii Number: For messages if SPPF is down, demonstration replays, custom stages and other fun things.
Main(s): Main character or characters used in serious or competitive Brawls.
Second(s): Secondary characters you use to mix it up while still playing seriously.
Instant messenger/user name: Name any IM services you use and your name within them. This is optional, of course.
Other Noteworthy Information: Just as it says.

Some time later I may require auditions to join, but for now the crew is open.

Downloadables
In the near future, this space will hold replays of our crew's battles, snapshots taken by our members, and possibly custom stages.

Character heads swiped from Smashboards' smiley collection. All other art will be made by AerialAce! unless otherwise noted.

Last edited:

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
This post is intentionally double posted to separate it from the Midnight Panthers post above. Keep in mind that I'll have a logo up soon, and I'll be adding new members as soon as I get applications.

The downloadables section I just came up with, but I thought it sounded like a good idea. I'll put up instructions for downloading replays and stages when I add the content.

Clicking names sends them a PM. Clicking AIM names adds them to your buddy list.

AA! I plan on replying to your Pm it's just that I'm so busy right now, I don't think I'll be able to participate in the brawls. I really want to but, I just got accepted to volunteer at the MD Film Festival which starts next weekend and I'll be booked that entire weekend and then with the thing I mentioned before.

No problem. I look forward to adding you to the roster later.

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
How about Daniel Radcliff and his mystery Ausie? Apparantly, Radcliff was at a film festival and this woman was staring at him all night and when he finally decided to get her digits, he couldn't find her. He's asked an Australia paper to help him find her. Perhaps you guys( Slick, [AA], and any other Aussies] have read about it. Um, I have decided that I will not be getting MK:Wii because I want to save up for WiiFit. Also, I will be limiting my activity due to a 5-7 page reasearch paper I'm doing which is due in like 2 weeks and then right after that I have about 2 weeks before HSA's and then it's off to the races for Finals. Jus twanted top give you guys a heads up so you won't miss me and think that I'd fallen off the face of the Earth.

Yeah heard about that. I thought it was good for him and for me as then he won't date Emma Watson. Woo. For some reason I always like girls that I have no chance with.
I suck.
Anyway to explain my Absence I was at Dubbo. Again I saw a cute girl but it was in Dubbo. So I would never see her again anyway. Sucks to be me.

Currently playing:
Metroid Prime 2, Guitar Hero 3.

I NEED BRAWL! UHH!
I has a job lol.

Hi, Wizard of LOZ. I just now remembered who Daniel Radcliff is. Does Emma Watson play Hermoine?

My friend and I Brawled for two hours yesterday(over Wi-Fi, I might add). I kicked his butt nearly every time. In fact, I decided to let up on him, so I picked Random. I got(green) DK, so I was pretty ticked, since DK is one of the worst characters, along with Yoshi. Anyways, it was on Lylat Cruise and I died pretty easily in the beginning because I was used to R.O.B.'s recovery. I then proceeded to killing him with a little Up-B and Down-B spamming, as while as a couple of powerful smashes.

I picked Random again, and just my luck: YOSHI. It was on Smashville, and my friend was playing as Zelda, his best character. At first, I was getting owned, so I used his Side-B. I then fell off of the side of the stage, but I popped open and used my Up-B. I forgot that Yoshi's barely gave him any recovery, so I died. But my friend came down to attack me and died too XP In the end, I won.

Last edited:

Imperator_Venit

Yes.

Although that question sounded quite random...I'm sure it for a perfectly good reason. :p

My inactivity stuns me. :(

I've been getting tons of school work lately, and no matter how hard I try, there seems to be barely any time to procrastinate after finishing it all...which might have something to do with my lack of posting. :(

Oh well...I can't wait for Brawl. I'm unsure how good MK: Wii is going to be...but I'll see if I can con my parents into saying that I'm allowed to get it (With my own money, though).

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Added Blazios' mains and Virtual Chatot's information to the Panthers' post. Also added a couple of sentences to "Communication."

So. What do you think?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
You know...I really like those icons. They're pretty sweet!

LX

Thanks. I noticed Smashboards had them up as smilies so I figured I'd save a copy for myself. These are hosted in the Panthers' new Photobucket gallery under icons if you want them.

The snapshots album is for snapshots that team members Wii-mail me and preview images for custom stage files may upload to the Internet later. The art album is for logos and other stuff I will get around to making later. Now I have to do the homework I ignored yesterday so could type out that post. :p

I'm glad I could get the PM auto-address and AIM "add buddy" links working. That's a feature I don't get to play with often.

BrawlMaster

Live long, & prosper
LOL at dattebayo's quotes Blazios! Um, I'll be meeting Edward Norton (The Illusionist, The Incredible Hulk) next week at the MD Film Festival which I'm really excited for. Has anyone sen that wacky commercial for MK:Wii? I was watching Discovery Channel yesterday and it came on, that's when I decided that I'm definitely NOT getting MK:Wii. HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Now go hug a tree.

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
Hi, Wizard of LOZ. I just now remembered who Daniel Radcliff is. Does Emma Watson play Hermoine?

My friend and I Brawled for two hours yesterday(over Wi-Fi, I might add). I kicked his butt nearly every time. In fact, I decided to let up on him, so I picked Random. I got(green) DK, so I was pretty ticked, since DK is one of the worst characters, along with Yoshi. Anyways, it was on Lylat Cruise and I died pretty easily in the beginning because I was used to R.O.B.'s recovery. I then proceeded to killing him with a little Up-B and Down-B spamming, as while as a couple of powerful smashes.

I picked Random again, and just my luck: YOSHI. It was on Smashville, and my friend was playing as Zelda, his best character. At first, I was getting owned, so I used his Side-B. I then fell off of the side of the stage, but I popped open and used my Up-B. I forgot that Yoshi's barely gave him any recovery, so I died. But my friend came down to attack me and died too XP In the end, I won.
I know someone that'll destroy you with DK. :p

It just so happens that he goes by the name of Ace as well..

Ace.. Don't you think you should make a separate thread so it is easier for people to see? x_x

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Ace.. Don't you think you should make a separate thread so it is easier for people to see? x_x

Nope. I have several reasons for this, so I'l use the oft-ignored list tags.

1. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding online gaming clans at Serebii, but I doubt we'd be approved as a club.
  2. I'm afraid we may be shut down in the Nintendo Wi-Fi forum as well.
  3. By listing our group in either of these places, we'd likely attract a lot of traffic. I think we'd be better as a smallish group than a huge one.

If I were to restart the Black Cat Project as a forum-wide thing, however, THAT would be great. It's meant to have a ton of users.

Holy crap, it's brilliant!

That's what I'm doing next, in a couple of weeks. (I want the clan to hold the spotlight for a while.) I'm making the Black Cat Project a big deal again.

I can even get somebody else to do the art so it looks more professional, and do away with individual ladder rung graphics to make it easier to keep up-to-date.

Nice one AA!. Just added everyone's codes.

Thanks. I got into loads of trouble for wasting all that time, but it was worth it. Oh, note that Meta_Ridley's Wii Number was added after you posted this, if you're registering those as well.

I still haven't registered some things, so I'll get on that as soon as I have access to the Wii.

Has anyone sen that wacky commercial for MK:Wii? I was watching Discovery Channel yesterday and it came on, that's when I decided that I'm definitely NOT getting MK:Wii.

Why not? They compromised graphics for(hopefully) no lag for Wi-Fi. After all, it can have 3 times the players that Brawl has.

Ace!, I got your... WTF stage. I am currently figuring out how it does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.