• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is Better?

• DS

Votes: 217 48.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 235 52.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Well I just noticed something, other than me and light, no one in this club uses space animals =O

I didn't list them but I really like the way Falco plays and I'm good with Fox. Also, EVERYBODY likes Wolf. I just don't really want to main any of them.

Deception

is back
AerialAce!, with Mario Kart Wii coming out tomorrow, is there any plans to have a club tournament? This game seems to have the best wifi out of any Nintendo game, so a tournament sounds nice, especially with up to 12 players per race.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
A tournament usually has only a couple of people participating in the game. I'm not sure how I could do that if everyone jumped in to the same game. It is in the lineup for the reopening of the BCP, in the near future.

If enough people are up for it, we'll run a tournament. If not, look forward to the new BCP.

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
Hey, Hey
Got Mario Kart Wii :D
Haven't played it yet as last night I went to a party as I'm now 18 :D
IT was a ball

I do believe a 12 Player Mario Kart Online tourney could work.
Like the top 6 out of the 12 progress to the next round, Then the top 4 and then finally the top 2 go head to head against each other to see who wins.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
When have you ever heard of a Mario Kart game being anything less than great.. Yeah the character roster is a bit depressing but still...

btw I hate Fox, and Wolf.

FALCO FTW.

LTA_sig_3_25_2008.png

I never said it wasn't gonna be great, but its just not up to mario kart standards, nintendo kinda f*cked up with this one

Here is the first review I can find on a moment's notice

here

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I never said it wasn't gonna be great, but its just not up to mario kart standards, nintendo kinda f*cked up with this one

Here is the first review I can find on a moment's notice

here

So basically it boils down to this:

Cons:

New way-too-easy power slide mechanic. I expected it as soon as I heard about the Wii Wheel, to be honest. They made it necessary to learn in Mario Kart DS, and that was the first Mario Kart that I ever did well in. I hadn't heard about the mechanic before. (I ended up topping the old BCP's ladder. :D) Thank God for mission mode in MKDS, or I never would have figured it out.

More players = more items flying around the screen.

Pros: Everything else.

EDIT: By the way, Dimentio's on the Midnight Panthers' roster now. Still waiting for Shinyfufu's form, BrawlMaster to have enough free time to feel like he can fill his out without having to worry about missing things for Brawls and vice versa, and several AIM screennames.

I predict that the lowered learning curve will have this game see significantly more party game time and less serious play time than Smash Bros., but will still be a big success. It looks like too much fun to pass up, honestly.

I'm a bit worried about how the increased importance of luck will affect its success on the new BCP, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
Howdy.

I'm just wondering How many of you have Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes.
Those two have to be two of the best Wii games around, I just got No More Heroes (US) and I must it surprised me, The artstyle is bloody awesome :D
Well.
Thats my two cents.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Well after playing mario kart from 2 to 9 I have my semi review thingy about it.

Its fun, the wii wheel, however sucks but is amazingly fun with friends or battle mode

Its not mario kart anymore is lucky hax kart now, it's all based on luck and it seems every few seconds some crazy **** it coming at you in a barrage

The new levels are amazing, minus mushroom chas(idr), and the tricks help make up somewhat for the lack of snaking

Overall the game is good, but the items are broken, the wifi is amazing, so much so I want them to have a download that fixes brawl to work on its server its that great, it has some downs but it an ok game, and the battle mode is extremely fun, exspecially when using the wii wheel, the rest of the game MUST be played with ether a game cube controller, classic controller, or wiimote and nunchuck combo, or else its near un-playable.

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
Happy late birthday, Divine and [AceAussie]. I haven't been on recently.
Playing mah guitar is taking up most of my time. I can play: Happy Birthday, Slient Night, Smoke on the water, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Woo. I suck.

I want Mario Kart Wii. Maybe my sister will buy it. She wants it too.
DAMN! School tomorrow. At least I get to see my friends. And do something other than play video games. Suprisely I get tired occasionly. 5 hours of GTA: Vice city will do that to you.

How was your B-day Divine.? I go back to Virginia(and MKWii) sometime tomorrow. Dry Bowser is going to be my main unlocking priority.
Very boring. I had to watch whirly-birds fly around the sky all day. Oh well,I guess the laptop makes up for it.

Also,got Mario kart Wii. Can't play it till 7 or 7:30.

BrawlMaster

Live long, & prosper
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of posts but I've been contacting friends from elementary school. They're all grown up now. I saw MKWii in Costco yesterday but the box was empty! I thought someone had stolen it but then I remembered that those types of games have to be redeemed at merchandise pickup.

Imperator_Venit

Hey, DG! Great to see you up nice and early/late. :p

Anyhow, it has come to my attention that MK: Wii is already out in Australia. Impossible...but it's true! :O

I think I may even get it in this weekend, if I'm lucky. :p

Life's okay for me at the moment, tons of schoolwork...not enough time to procrastinate.

Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.