• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nintendo Wii Controllers? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Wow... this, IMO, really is gonna be pretty bad. Everyone's used to two-handers, and getting used to this will take forever. And SSBM and Sonic Gems? Major problems. And if you can't pause but have to put down the controller, it'll mess up the game. I'll have to wait til it comes out, though.
They have a start and select button I think you could pause. Also they would think in advance of things like this. Also there are going to be add ons like the joystick add on that you saw.

Celebii

Rose > your mom
I dont see why you are all complaining about the controller >_>. In case you havent realized yet, you can use the GC controller or use the new addon for third party games nintendo is making. Hey.. at least is better than having a banana style controller :D!

T

The Battousai

Nay this controller makes ps3's boomerang I mean controller look like a holy shrine.
Microsoft has the best controller hands down followed by the boomerang and then the remote.

T

The Battousai

True Celebii but I doubt you can play revolution's games with it

B

BonzaiMudkip

I don't think it'll be used for the revolution games.it might be used for that other thing that lets you play the old skool games.I'm not really sure,but i hope i'm right.If i'm not,how am i gonna hold the damn thing!?

M

mystic rukario

I kinda like this new controller thing as it's different but don't pay attention to me because I've never played most of these systems. Oh yeah, Shiny charizard I talked to you about this in school but to refresh your memory but you can't double post. Edit instead after you post

Solid Kirby

Back, I guess.
Shiny Charizard, dun double post. >.>

Anyways, I think Nintendo's doing a bold thing, here. Sure, not that many people will Like the New Remote Control Controller, but I'm willing to give it a shot. =)

Besides...

I can see offline SSBR Battles being extremely chaotic with thing, if that's any sort of consolation. XD

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Shadowfax said:
And you can pretty much count out games like Final Fantasy, GTA, Resident Evil being ported now, games are going to have to made exclusivly for it, not ported. Whether you see that as a good or bad thing.

Why? Final Fantasy all you need is a D-Pad and two buttons, Resident Evil will be perfect for it, slashing your knife and aiming will be much easier and GTA only requires a Analogue stick and a two buttons

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Shiny Charizard said:
Nay this controller makes ps3's boomerang I mean controller look like a holy shrine.
Microsoft has the best controller hands down followed by the boomerang and then the remote.
Remote? Read the articles. It's a motion sensitive mouse with a slot for addons, such as the control stick added onto it.

<EDIT> Sorry for being rude up there... fixed it!

Last edited:
T

The Battousai

Oh hey Lawrence. Forgot about the double posting rule I won't get banned for it will I. Anyway on topic I don't see me using this controller playing an action/adventure like zelda on this (unless its the hack n slash mini-game they showed at the Tokyo Game Show), explain to me how I can explore hyrule using a remote control (or motion sensitive mouse whatever you call it), you need two hands to play a game like that and BTW Paradox GTA is only on ps2 and xbox. It could have come to nintendo but I think revolution's controller will sway rockstar (the makers of GTA if you didn't know) and many of the other 3rd party publishers away. I can't imagine how difficult developing games to match the controls will be. I also wish nintendo would stop this innovation crap. Innovation has its place in gaming but if you focus to much on it you will limit your gameplay. DS for example only had two great games IMO AWDS and Meteos ( I expect Diamond and Pearl to be great though) the rest of the games were either shortened or what you would call tech demos (I will explain this better if any one comments)this is because nintendo chose innovation over gameplay. Nintendo fans and Die-hards don't get me wrong I love nintendo I own a 64, Cube, pocket, color, advance, sp, and DS but I just don't like the path nintendo has been taking.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Shiny Charizard said:
explain to me how I can explore hyrule using a remote control, you need two hands to play a game like that
Using the control stick you hold in your left hand, duh...

T

The Battousai

Had to do this

Shiny Charizard Vs. Shiny Clefairy
Belly drum then earth quake
Clefairy is PWN'D

Just for laughs nintendo fan
(this comment was not meant to be insulting)

anyway that control stick was an add-on and may not be used in all the games
and even if it is the layout of the controller is very weird

Last edited by a moderator:

Tendo128

R.I.P. Ridley
Do people here even realize that it's motion sensitive, or are they too caught up in it's appearance to actually bother reading about what it's potential?

It sure seems that way with everyone who's said nay.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Shiny Charizard said:
Had to do this

Shiny Charizard Vs. Shiny Clefairy
Belly drum then earth quake
Clefairy is PWN'D

Just for laughs nintendo fan
(this comment was not meant to be insulting)

anyway that control stick was an add-on and may not be used in all the games
and even if it is the layout of the controller is very weird
LOL. In between Belly drum I use Metronome, which in turn...
"ShiningClefairy used Splash."

I hate my luck... BTW it's ShiningClefairy not Shiny Clefairy.

Well, when Iwata revealed it, he was holding the remote part and the joystick part, meaning they will probably be packaged together. I have doubts about there being any games at all that use just the remote thing, and not any of the attachments.

T

The Battousai

I like people like you Shining Clefairy, you support your opinion without getting too angry(some-people get so angry they start throwing death threats at me for thinking differently then them) eventhough the first time you contradicted me you cursed me out.

And to Tendo 128 I know the controller is motion sensitive although I forgot to mention it when I talked about the Zelda mini-game shown at the TGS.
Motion-sensitivity though won't change how I think or how many people think about the controller. You know even with the add on, all the layout and features of the controller are far different than a traditional pad. Game designers(more specifically 3rd party designers) are going to have to change their entire game setup to match the controller's layout. It'll be pretty difficult to play sports or racing games (popular among casuals believe me the only genres people in my school talk about, those and FPS's) companies that make those games like EA to change and are usually to lazy to change anything in their games. Those companies will probably just move to ps3 and 360 which offer a traditional control layout, (as weird shaped as ps3's controller may be) thats a huge chunk of the market swayed away from revolution. Nintendo's experiments will hurt them more than you can imagine

I like this discussion :) .

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
It's quite hard to avoid getting angry in the face of massive ignorance such as "Game designers(more specifically 3rd party designers) are going to have to change their entire game setup to match the controller's layout."

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
*Agrees with ZoraJolteon* Even if the designers can't fit it, Nintendo is releasing that shell controller as an attachment. It's more like a traditional controller.

Celebii

Rose &gt; your mom
Shiny Charizard said:
I like people like you Shining Clefairy, you support your opinion without getting too angry(some-people get so angry they start throwing death threats at me for thinking differently then them) eventhough the first time you contradicted me you cursed me out.

And to Tendo 128 I know the controller is motion sensitive although I forgot to mention it when I talked about the Zelda mini-game shown at the TGS.
Motion-sensitivity though won't change how I think or how many people think about the controller. You know even with the add on, all the layout and features of the controller are far different than a traditional pad. Game designers(more specifically 3rd party designers) are going to have to change their entire game setup to match the controller's layout. It'll be pretty difficult to play sports or racing games (popular among casuals believe me the only genres people in my school talk about, those and FPS's) companies that make those games like EA to change and are usually to lazy to change anything in their games. Those companies will probably just move to ps3 and 360 which offer a traditional control layout, (as weird shaped as ps3's controller may be) thats a huge chunk of the market swayed away from revolution. Nintendo's experiments will hurt them more than you can imagine

I like this discussion :) .

Sheesh... Doing a little research about the topic wouldnt hurt you know>_>! First of all, all of your reasons are flawed. For one, nintendo is making an addon that allows you to play the standard third party games. Second, the controller is perfect for racing and FPSs. For racing games, just tilt your controller to turn;For FPS, use the analog attachment to move, the remote to change view, and pressing A or B to shoot. Also, with this different type of controller.. It means nintendo may get some really exclusive third party games. It really has great potential. Dont say things when it isnt even out yet and you dont know what it could fully do.

a yay i saw it today at tokyo it was awesome but you do look stupid playin it hey wait a second the nintendo ds makes u look stupid
posted from tokyo peace out everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.