• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nintendo Wii Controllers? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
I think the main reason people are bashing the controller is because they're reluctant to try out new ideas, when the standard controller has been doing good (for 20 years... time for an upgrade if you ask me).

If people rejected every new idea the way they rejected Nintendo's, we'd still be in the stone age. People need to be more willing.

T

The Battousai

that controller your talking about isn't that for the virtual console feature on revolution,were you purchase a classic nintendo games for a fee and it downloads to the hard drive I don't think its for the actual games for the console. If it is post a link to an article about it, also Celebii post a link were it says they made a controller for third party developers. Those things I posted are what I think based on observing and studying the controller (basically its my theory on 3rd parties reaction to the controller). By the way why would you want to buy three different controllers just to use the console to its full potential. I would have to buy a third-party controller to play games made by other companies and a classic controller to play nes,snes,and 64 games I download (this is if the innovative controller is included) and this is just for one-player games, what if I want to play with multiple people I would have to buy at least another set of controllers. You see where I'm going right thats a crapload of money I will be selling out for add-ons or new controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pikachu_4_president

Hey, looks can be deceiving.

You were probably the same people that freaked out when the N64 introduced the anolog stick. And we all know games wouldn't be the same without the analog stick.

Changes are essential to bring players back for something new and intresting. I mean, c'mon, Nintendo started out as a playing card company. If they didn't change and start creating consoles for example, life would suck.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Shiny Charizard said:
that controller your talking about isn't that for the virtual console feature on revolution,were you purchase an classic nintendo games for a fee and it downloads to the hard drive I don't think its for the actual games for the console. If it is post a link to an article about it.
The Revo doesn't have a hard drive, does it? I think we'll need to download the games onto some sort of card.

As for the classic games, turn the remote thingy sideways for NES, and most likely the shell for SNES and N64.

What do you mean when you say virtual feature?

Shiny Charizard said:
I like people like you Shining Clefairy, you support your opinion without getting too angry(some-people get so angry they start throwing death threats at me for thinking differently then them) eventhough the first time you contradicted me you cursed me out.
Yeah, sorry about doing that. I try not to get angry like that because people respect your opinion more when you aren't all **** about it.

Last edited:

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
That's another thing that makes me angry. People too damn lazy to even read through a single page to find a link.

I'm really growing towards the idea of putting this in my sig, or at least something like that but not whipped up in 2 minutes.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
ZoraJolteon said:
That's another thing that makes me angry. People too damn lazy to even read through a single page to find a link.

I'm really growing towards the idea of putting this in my sig, or at least something like that but not whipped up in 2 minutes.
ROFL! That's too funny. Even if it was a 2 minute effort, it'll still work, IMO.

T

The Battousai

Off topic I gotta get a sig, anyone knows sites were I can find sigs. All the ones I find are to big, or better yet can someone teach me how to make a sig

Last edited by a moderator:

mewtwo1414141414

Sea Ruby Trainer
People who are asking about the rev's controller will work for ssmb, didend you read what ign thought it might do, here ill quote it"Fighting Games Popular examples: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Soul Calibur III

How it might work: Considering we already know that a Revolution version of Super Smash Bros. is currently under development, it goes without saying that the wizards at Nintendo have already given serious thought to the use of the controller in fighting games. Now imagine this: you've used the pointer to lock in your fighter selection, and you're controlling a classic Nintendo character in a vast 3D landscape using the attached analog stick. However, rather than reverting to the skilled-yet-panicked method of finely tuned button mashing, you're now making precision strikes to your opponents to thanks to pre-defined motions with the pointer.

Jab three times quickly to the right for a Kirby flurry of punches. Hold the pointer for two seconds to the right and then slam it left for a charged Smash slice from Link's trusty sword. While it may seem awkward to imagine, the possibilities for attacks are plenty, and each character would have its own predefined range of movements to master. Now toss in the buttons -- A for jumping, and B for grabbing items. The shoulder buttons above the analog stick could easily raise your shields and grapple your enemies. From there, how exactly you choose to punish them depends on the flick of your wrist. Given the physical, frantic, and furious nature of most fighting games, this is one genre that could be very satisfying to control with a little added motion. Just be careful not to get too carried away and smash your brand-new controller in the process."see. Also i think that this controller is good for pople who are left handed.

Manene!

Nintendo Revolution

I'm in the middle of the road with this. The idea is brilliant but like with the Nintendo DS, They'll use the Motion Sensor with everygame made by Nintendo. Even if it's not needed. Some game it will work: Metroid 3, The Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil but, some they'll force it to work with the controller. It will help some games, like Luigi's Mansion 2 & Mario Sunshine. It could bring possiblites. More Ninja Games, Duck Hunt Revolution. But, Since I don't no much about it I can't fully post my opinion yet. We'll see what Nintendo has planned.

T

The Battousai

Need to rest I'll see were this discussion has gone tommorow its getting late

0Hero

Knuckle Trainer
I'm a little iffy about this..........interesting concept, but it's weird, but I love the fact they are coming with a shell.......also......another thing bugging me is the add-ons, I do not want to continuesly(I spelt it wrong for sure -_- can't think straight) for games, I am not rich =(, but if Nintendo does a bundle, I would buy the bundle.

Another thing bothering me is the motion sensor..........brilliant idea, but I am scared..........I am very agressive when I play ie. I move around a lot, would that distrupt my gaming? And since I am holding the controller with one hand, I have a feeling I would throw it by accident.......gulp.

Very good idea, but I am afraid that I will be a one man wrecking crew =(

S

S:C

I like the concept of a motion sensor a lot, but the orientation of the controller really isn't something I'll enjoy if I ever get a Revolution.

Porygandrew

I like the sim games, like in the commercial you see an old couple waving it around like a baton (Wind Waker, anyone?), and then the american drummer using 2 controllers (hopefully they'll be cheap) as drumsticks. Taiko drumming?

I watched some things about PS3 games and 360 games, and all they really showcased was either racing games or FPS games. Both are fine, but I don't play those games. I find them tedious and boring. I like puzzles, problem-solving, and strategizing.

bob799

Cheese ^_^
i had already heard all about them and seen the video of it and i have one thing to say.
nintendo has released its secret weapon.
my mom said i will finally get exercise while playing XD
i would say the worst new system is gonna be the xbox 360 the ps3 has blue-ray discs the revolution has the controllers. xbox has... uhm halo which ive never played.
EDIT!
check out this i found a pic on the nintendo forums.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/articl...1026412-000.jpg
if its real its a shell for the controller.

Last edited:

Zikachu

Cascade Trainer
That controller shell thing looks cool! At first I thought the controller looked stupid but knowing Nintendo, they're going to make some kind of unique game style thing that we'll all get used to eventually. So I'm now a yay!

Eszett

one love
I am absolutely head-over-heels with this controller. It is certainly a great advancement from the clunky two-handled controllers, which oftentimes promoted button/joystick mashing. The idea of simply waving it to achieve a movement strikes me as very natural; all other controllers feel artificial to me after seeing this.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
this controller took some getting used to, but like everyone else, I'm sure Nintendo will find some way to make it work, and so long as we could still use Game Cube controllers or use that attachment, it doesn't matter. What does bother me, though, is the wireless feature. I'm hoping it's just an option, because one of the things that I prefer about console gaming over portable gaming is not needing batteries or recharging after a certain period of time. If I gotta do this for my controller, it kinda takes away the point, some I'm hoping there could be some kind of outlet attachment or something that allows you to plug it into the Revolution or something.

Shiny Charizard said:
I also wish nintendo would stop this innovation crap. Innovation has its place in gaming but if you focus to much on it you will limit your gameplay. DS for example only had two great games IMO AWDS and Meteos ( I expect Diamond and Pearl to be great though) the rest of the games were either shortened or what you would call tech demos (I will explain this better if any one comments)this is because nintendo chose innovation over gameplay. Nintendo fans and Die-hards don't get me wrong I love nintendo I own a 64, Cube, pocket, color, advance, sp, and DS but I just don't like the path nintendo has been taking.

the part I bolded is the thing that really p*sses me off most about your statement. Have you considered that Nintendo's being innovative because it leads to more fun and unique methods of gameplay? Innovation and gameplay are pretty much one in the same, and out of all the companies, Nintendo's definitely the one that focuses on this most.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Porygandrew said:
One thing I'm worried about is being able to adjust your position. I tend to move around while playing games (and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people), so if it's based on my movements, how can I make my little adjustments to my seating position not vastly affect the game?
me too, but.. I guess you'll be thinking about it more, so.. er.. how to explain.. I'm tired, I'm sure someone else might get it from what I just said. (and I am sure you can pause?)

Status
Not open for further replies.